Sink

Pub Date:   |   Archive Date: 15 Jul 2019

Sink is one of my favorite Button books yet. It is the poetry in surviving as a woman, in the pain of a broken family, and in grieving, a universal language.
One thing is certain about this collection: I do not and will never know the sheer amount of strength it took for the author to bleed over each word, as though every sentence, every line is a testament of her will to fight and also embrace her growth.
Thanks Netgalley for the eARC.
An honest and raw collection of poetry that dives into the complexities of the female experience in the modern world. Poverty, grief, and healing are a Slam Poet’s bread and butter but the themes are rarely covered in such intimate depth and creativity. The structure is particularly enjoyable, whereas most poetry collections of this genre are bland and uninventive; I was pleasantly surprised by the poet's creativity and mirth when tackling sensitive subjects.

I just wanted more than I got.
Sink is a beautiful and heartrending revelation of the pain of Desiree's journey from childhood to adulthood. This is a powerful testimony to her strength and will to survive.
A raw and hard hitting poetry collection. DescriptionDesiree honestly explores a range of deep and emotional topics including self image, addiction, love, suicide and dementia in such a real and relatable way.

‘People never really leave, they just hide inside of me’
I am a huge fan of everything Button Poetry publishes and this book shook me to the core. Sink took me on a roller coaster of emotions. My heart is still pounding from the amount of pain I could feel coming from the author's words. Dallagiacomo takes you with her through a variety of experiences as she journeys from trauma to healing. Very powerful.