The Spinner's Web

Arc 1: The Tainted

Pub Date 26 Sep 2020 | Archive Date 15 Aug 2021

Talking about this book? Use #grimstruth #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

Everything that has happened, is happening, will happen again.

The world, as the Ancients of Mu know it, is changing. A new breed of beings called the Rahma are increasing in population, and as their numbers grow, the Ancients diminish.

The Empire is struck hard by a plague during a war between the Rebellion and the Royal Council. Amidst the crisis, a young royal, Cruentus Fate is sold to a brothel in a play for power. Fate must decide which faction to join-the Rebellion, with her beloved madam, or the Council with its influence and power. She keeps her heart open and her mind alert, hoping to learn the truth of her existence and the mysterious way she and her brother became part of the royal family.

Aided by her sisters in the brothel, she sets her sights on the unstable neighboring prince as a means of her escape. Her discoveries open her eyes to another realm, and lead her to the truth about the web of lies that holds her captive.

EVOLVED PUBLISHING PRESENTS the first book in "Grims' Truth," a truly epic series that will sweep you into a whole new universe.

Everything that has happened, is happening, will happen again.

A Note From the Publisher

Grims' Truth is an epic fantasy for adults with a 60 book plan. Themes: Metaphysical, magical realism, existential horror, dark fantasy The series changes perspectives from one book to another and features a diverse cast of characters.

"A somewhat perplexing but engaging start to what's sure to be an epic fantasy saga." Kirkus Reviews

"...among the best written, most imaginative, and intricately plotted fantasy stories I've had the pleasure to read since The Lord of the Rings. ...a character driven story, supported by a covert revolution, ingenious metaphysical attributes and events, and an imaginary world complete with a new language, concepts of universal laws, and a wonderfully orchestrated villain." Readers' Favorite Book Reviews (5 STARS)

"The Spinner’s Web is the beginning of one spellbinding series with high Silver Screen potential." Feathered Quill

EDITION Ebook

Send To Kindle (MOBI)

This was a great start to a series, the characters were great and I thoroughly enjoyed getting to know this universe and the people that live in this world. It was a fun premise and I look forward to reading more in this series.

I was instantly drawn into this story. It lived up to the intrigue of it's summary and felt so vivid and fresh. Love, love, loved it!! I cannot wait to read book 2.

I have a lot of thoughts about this book. I really struggled with getting through the first half or so of the book, but once I got past that I was totally hooked. I think part of my barrier was just kind of the lack of explanation surrounding the world and everything going on, especially at the beginning. The brothel situation didn't make a ton of sense to me, and neither did Fate's age/how time worked in the world. I really enjoyed Hero as a character and watching his and Fate's relationship grow was really fun. The mystery surrounding the dreams and the folklore I thought was one of the more innovative aspects of the story and the ties between dream and real were really intriguing. I really enjoyed the cliffhanger the ending left on and I'm excited to see what happens next in the series!

Unlike anything I've read before. I love the writing style of these authors together and the unique take they have on the story of Fate. I also liked the gruesome detail they added to make the story feel more alive, rather than leaving the detail to the imagination.

The Spinner's Web introduces us to Fate, a young Ancient royal who is sold to a brothel. The book follows her internal growth as she grows into a woman alongside her sisters at the brothel and continually hints at an Awakening. All of this occurs while a bitter war is brewing between the Council and the rebellion, who disagree on how balance should be restored to the universe. This novel is a beautifully crafted narrative that urges you to keep reading. The world-building is fantastic and makes you feel a part of this Universe. It was full of moral dilemmas that made me really think about my own personal beliefs. I was hooked from the start. Mystery drives you through to the end. Filled with interesting characters and an incredible world to explore. It’s so visual, the reader feels like they’re there. It was unlike anything I've read before – and I have read a lot. I cannot wait to read more from these writers.