Cover Image: The Simplicity of Cider

The Simplicity of Cider

Sanna had always appreciated the sanctuary of the orchard, and this revelation bonded Sanna like another root digging into the soil, finding nourishment. She’d never leave.

An apple orchard has been in Sanna Lund’s family for five generations. Much like the apple trees, she is rooted, nourished by the family land. There is a magic in her blood and there is no way she can give up and let her brother force her father’s hand in selling it. Time is against her, they are losing money and try as she might, she can’t get the cider just right. Cider that could be their salvation. This is her refuge, but when her father hires help her life is filled with more complications, especially her heart. A single father Isaac and his son  Bass seem to worm their way into the core of her being. Sara has so much to focus on in order to save the orchard, the last thing she needs is a kid getting in the way. All she wants out of life is the orchard, hard work, the ‘simplicity of cider’ and certainly not a single dad no matter how much she is attracted to him. So what if his son’s goofy side is growing on her! Anyone can see Isaac is an attractive man, but so what? Who needs a man stealing time from her failing orchard?

Isaac and Bass have left their own painful lives behind in California, this is meant to be a reprieve from their own problems, certainly not meant to be a permanent stay. Against her better judgement and desires to keep her life contained, Sanna is losing pieces of herself to the two. Sanna keeps her distance from people for a reason, but hiding won’t fix the land nor heal her heart. She may have a special gift but sometimes what you need is to open yourself to others, even those you’ve spent time denying, because that is the true magic. It may take love to nourish the land. Bass has his own difficulties with his mother, in this he and Sanna are the same. Long ago, her own mother left, and she hasn’t dealt with the rupture in her life.

It’s a love story at heart, but not just romantic love. It’s about family, traditions and the running of an apple orchard. It’s fighting to keep a family business alive and how sometimes you have to learn to accept that you can’t do everything on your own and that maybe the changes fate brings are a new way of seeing. Sometimes change can be a gift. This novel was a nice break from heavy reading, a sweet love story. This is an advanced arc, and the novel will not be released until May.

Publication Date: May 16 2017

Gallery, Threshold, Pocket Books
The Simplicity of Cider is another fantastic book by Amy Reichert. I have read her previous books and enjoyed them all but this is my favorite. The characters are so well done that you feel like you know them and the descriptions of Wisconsin (on Lake Michigan) are so beautiful that you want to visit.

Sanna Lund and her father run an apple orchard that has been in their family for five generations. Along with growing apples, Sanna is trying to make cider that can help boost the profits of the orchard. She is happy with her uncomplicated life and her love of the land. Then along come the complications - her brother wants to sell the orchard to a company that wants to build a water park on it. Her brother is justified in wanting to sell because the orchard is losing money. Along with that, her father hires a single father Isaac who has a young son Bass and they are fleeing family issues in California. Once her father falls and breaks several bones, things really become complicated for Sanna. The reader doesn't know if she'll be able to save her beloved orchard until the end of the book but readers are in for a fantastic story to find out. This is the perfect book - a little suspense, a little romance and a lot of family love in a charming community. Read it - you'll love it!

Thanks to NetGalley for a copy of this book in exchange for a fair and honest review.
I am currently reading The Simplicity of Cider by Amy E. Reichart and I have a sudden longing to visit a small town in the midwest and sit under the trees of an apple orchard, thanks Amy!

I loved her other two novels but this one is really pulling me in. It’s the story of Sanna, a woman who has grown up with her father tending to their apple orchard. She is a cider specialist whose world is disrupted by a seasonal worker named Isaac and his precocious son Sebastian.

Here’s the official synopsis:

Focused and unassuming fifth generation cider-maker Sanna Lund has one desire: to live a simple, quiet life on her family’s apple orchard in Door County, Wisconsin. Although her business is struggling, Sanna remains fiercely devoted to the orchard, despite her brother’s attempts to convince their aging father to sell the land.

Single dad Isaac Banks has spent years trying to shield his son Sebastian from his troubled mother. Fleeing heartbreak at home, Isaac packed up their lives and the two headed out on an adventure, driving across the country. Chance—or fate—led them straight to Sanna’s orchard.

Isaac’s helping hands are much appreciated at the apple farm, even more when Sanna’s father is injured in an accident. As Sanna’s formerly simple life becomes increasingly complicated, she finds solace in unexpected places—friendship with young Sebastian and something more deliciously complex with Isaac—until an outside threat infiltrates the farm.

This book is due out in May but you can read Amy’s other novels right now.
The Simplicity of Cider was my first book from author Amy E. Reichert- but WOW her writing is incredible!

This book is about a family-owned apple orchard in Door County, Wisconsin. It is full of rich, complex characters and you can't help but fall in love with them. Not to mention the setting of this story... it made me want to take a trip to Wisconsin as soon as possible!

I would definitely recommend this book to our followers and look forward to reading more from this author!
What a fantastic read!! Throughout The Simplicity of Cider, I was completely wrapped up in the beautiful storyline and the fascinating characters!   I found all of the characters endearing and so well developed, I felt as if I knew them personally!  Amy E. Reichert has the amazing ability to write novels that I can totally envision being made into movies (I've mentally already picked the entire cast)!  I found the premise of this book to be very unique and original-- loved that!!  In saying that, prior to reading The Simplicity of Cider, I knew next to nothing about apple orchards and how complicated and difficult they are to maintain.  I truly have a new respect for orchard farmers and all they put into their produce!!  The Simplicity of Cider is a 5 star read that you do not want to miss!  Whether you're in the mood for a laugh, a sweet romance or a book to pull at your heartstrings, this is the novel for you!!  Go 1-click it!!