Irresistible You

Pub Date:   |   Archive Date: 11 Jul 2018

What a fun and sexy hockey romance. It was for sure irresistible! I love everything Kate Meader writes. I am always excited to devour her words.
DNF @ 20%

Unfortunately, I was unable to connect with the characters in this book.  I'm sure it was a case of "it's not you, it's me", but I was unable to get into it after putting it down and returning to it several times.

I'm sorry!  But thank you for the ARC and I may pick up another title by this author to see if I like something else better.
Kate is a new to me author. I loved this book. I am looking forward to reading more books in this series. I would recommend this series to other readers.
*I received this book free from Simon & Schuster – Gallery Books in exchange for an honest review*

Harper has been set with an impossible task. Her father died, leaving her the Chicago Rebels that she has to run with her sisters (whom she doesn’t really know or get along with) and turn them from a bottom team into a winning the championship team in one season. They lose and she loses the team, which can’t happen. That team is her life and running it has been her dream. She’ll do whatever she can to turn them into champions.

Remy didn’t want to be traded to a losing team his last year playing in the NHL. He wanted his last year to be one where he finally won the cup. He made sure every step of the way that Harper knew how he felt too. Only problem with his tough guy act is that he actually liked Harper. He was drawn to her and despite the player/owner line he couldn’t help but work his Cajun charms on her.

“His dick was taking over, throbbing to the beat of man-wants-woman.”

Harper already had one bad relationship with a player years previous and the last thing she wanted was to get involved with another, but damn if she could resist him. Their magnetism is beyond measure. But she was his team’s owner first and foremost. As long as the line stays in place she could have her cake and eat it too. And oh what a yummy cake!

Irresistible You is exactly that…irresistible! Harper and Remy have a powerful way about them that pulls you into their world and leaves you wanting more. The characters and storyline are well written. It was a great way to start a series and I’m looking forward to see what else the Chicago Rebels series has in store.
I love Type A heroine's on a mission - what can I say? I loved Remy's depiction and counterpoint to all of Harper's business aspirations. I loved the interplay and repartee. Meader has created a duo that spark, and it was enormously fun to read. I am intrigued by how the sisters' relationship evolves.
What’s it About? After the death of her father, Harper Chase finds herself the new owner of the NHL team the Chicago Rebels. When she takes a closer look at the team, she finds them underfunded, overweight, and close to being laughed out of the league. Harper is determined to turn the franchise around no matter what. Enter Remy “Jinx” DuPre. Remy has had a string of bad luck in his career but his luck is changing, until he’s sent to the Chicago Rebels. He can’t believe that Harper is seriously expecting him to lead the failing team into a spot in the playoffs, and he can’t believe the serious sparks between him and Harper either.

Overall reaction to the story? Kate Meader can tell a romance in a sports dominated setting without alienating readers who don’t like sports. Like me. She’s one of the few authors I trust not to bore me with too many sports scenes or sports talk but she doesn’t forget that sports are integral to the plot. There’s a nice balance happening in Irresistible You and it makes for an interesting, sexy read.

Putting a woman in charge of a failing, unruly lot of hockey players was a genius idea. Harper’s a tough as nails boss but she also has daddy issues that make her doubt herself as a woman. That conflict served as a great antagonist to her as a character. She is her own worst enemy. Add that to her complicated relationship with her two sisters and an attraction to Remy and there were some significant obstacles for her to get over but also some significant growth. Harper was stubborn but not to the point of being stupid, she’s a smart woman but she’s also a cautious one which I could appreciate. She was being judged twice as hard for being a woman, talk about an uphill battle for her! The author really made her shine without becoming ridiculously cheesy about her abilities to save the team from becoming a joke.

Then there was Remy. At 35 he is in his golden years as a hockey player and is hoping to go out on top. So when he’s traded to the Rebels, he’s less than thrilled and more than shocked when he finds out that Harper expects him to whip the team into shape and get them into the playoffs. That was an interesting scene. Remy’s confident, sometimes too confident and he needed someone like Harper to keep his ego in check. At first, I wasn’t sure if I was going to like him, he didn’t exactly make a good first impression. But you know what? Once he got over his man tantrum and realized he wasn’t going anywhere he showed his true personality. He’s a hard worker, he’s loyal, he’s a family man, and he can cook.

Yeah, these two just had everything going for them. Really great chemistry, the ability to work together to achieve a common goal, and a love of the sport. I loved that Harper wasn’t a pushover and Remy wasn’t a control freak. These two had tough personalities and could match each other in the stubborn department, making for some interesting head butting scenes that revealed just how attracted they were to each other. The romance was built on the physical attraction but the author made sure to give Remy and Harper enough time to spend with each other without work in between them. I loved the sweet moments between them just as much as the hot, sexy ones.

Irresistible You also introduces some interesting secondary characters, including Harper’s two half sisters Violet and Isobel. I’m curious to see how their relationship with Harper develops. And the rest of the Chicago Rebels! OMG those guys, I can’t wait!

Click It or Skip It? Click It. Kate Meader isn’t an author to be missed.
This really isn't catfching my interest. She is lusting after him. He is arrogant... Meh.
I am love with this sexy hockey playing cajun man. It had hockey, sexy accent, forbidden love, and family ties. A great start to this series for me.
Irresistible You is the first book in Kate Meader's newest series, The Chicago Rebels and it is fantastic! I'm really looking forward to the next book!
I have a love-or-hate relationship with sports romances and this one fell firmly in the first category. I have minor niggles with the story (some gender stereotyping and some slut shaming of puck bunnies which I find is the thing that most bothers me in sports/celebrities romances) but overall found it a nice, enjoyable read.

Remy is a hockey player at the end of his career, making plans for family and kids and being sort of stay-at-home dad and I loved how open he was about his dreams of having a family of his own. And I loved his parents and sisters and the way they interacted with each other presenting the model family he wanted to himself. Still, this was all in the future and right now he was very much focused on his professional career.

Harper was also an interesting, complex character, very much his opposite except for their shared passion for hockey. Her family was the total opposite of his and this has left with deep scars. I loved the dynamics of their relationship with her two estranged sisters and how they were trying to become a family.

I'm usually hesitant about of employer/employee romances because of the dynamics of power and she being part-owner and general manager of the team and him playing for that team (after she insisted on buying him) was a fraught situation for them both. She did have everything to lose and putting it on the line for him was a huge deal for her.

There was a strong sexual tension between and after the initial distrust and dislike, they started an emotionally charged affair which grew into real intimacy. The unavoidable misunderstandings happened but they talked things through a very satisfying HEA.
I'm not much of a sports romance fan. I can honestly say, I have never read a Hockey book, until this one. I don't know why, I just don't get into them. Hockey isn't a sport I like or follow or even understand for that matter. But this one caught my attention.

Harper Chase has worked her whole life to take over her father's team. Even though a female owner of a NHL team was unheard of, she knew it was her destiny and she could do it. She had to work extra hard to get even a small percent of respect, but it was worth it. The team was everything to her. Not only did she have to prove to the world and the league she could do it, she has a lot to prove to her father. But when her father dies, he throws her another obstacle to get through: running the team with her sisters. Sisters she doesn't talk to.

Remy DuPre's dream, has always been to win a championship game, and be able to hold the cup. Not only for him, but for his father, and his family. Nothing will stand in his way. Not even getting traded to the second to worst team in the league. He knows this is his year, and he won't be able to get to his goal with this team. It's his last year to get there, so he has to do whatever it takes. Even if that means striking up a deal that can change everything. Including his heart.

I loved this because it was a forbidden love, and who doesn't love that? Everyone loves the things they can't have and shouldn't have.

Remy was so sweet, and I fell in love with him. Especially because he's a Cajun. One Cajun heart connected with another, and I think it's a love that will last. ;) I love seeing stories that take place in my neck of the woods. Of course it's not exactly my parts, but hey, close enough. Louisiana isn't that big. ♡♡♡

Harper's story hurt my heart. I hate that women actually go through daddy issues, men issues, and life issues like this on a daily basis. Being a woman should never be so hard. We should never get treated differently, especially while doing the same things as a man, maybe even better than said man.

The only down fall I had with this one was the Cajun parts. Yea, I know, I said above that I loved it, so now what am I saying? Well, I do love that it takes place in cajun-country. I love that it reflects so many things of this culture, what bugged me is how some of those things were wrong. I can honestly say, if I didn't know any better, it wouldn't of made a difference and the story would of been great. Which the story was, but with me knowing those things, no matter how little, were off, it made a difference in my opinion.
~Lynzi
I absolutely adored this book! What a way to start a new series! Remy was everything I love in a hero, he was charming, funny, super sexy, adored the heroine, he could COOK, and he was just funny in the best way! He charmed the panties off the heroine, like LITERALLY, and he will charm the panties off you as well!

Let's just say that Remy and Harper weren't the best of friends when they first meet, but with each new meeting their chemistry just sizzles in the room, and they can't help but fall for one another, which isn't the best idea for either of them. He is one of her players, and not just that, he is THE player that can help her keep her team, and HE is looking for his wife to be and baby mama and Harper is SO not ready to be listed in either of those categories.

Remy reminded me of another favorite hero, one Luc "Lucky" Martineau from SEE JANE SCORE by Rachel GIbson. IF you have read the book, you know what I am talking about, and you know how hard he falls for the woman who isn't his type, and he falls HARD! Remy and Harper had that same magic and I just can't say enough amazing things about them. I read the book in one day and didn't want to put it down.

IRRESISTIBLE YOU was absolutely charming and unputdownable! Make this your next read!!
Copy received through Netgalley
Harper and Remy are going to be hard to top in this series.  Harper is the co-owner/GM of the struggling Chicago Rebels hockey team.  She and her sisters have a short time to turn the team around or lose their inheritance.  However, they don't exactly get along and the sports world does not believe in them. Harper trades to get Remy.  He is not happy because he is on a team that may actually have a chance at the Stanley Cup.  Harper has to maneuver between her sisters, an unhappy hockey player and all the other obstacles in her way.  The biggest obstacles of all is her attraction to Remy. It burns hot and out of control.  She  can't let the world know she is sleeping with her hockey player.  Sneaking around and almost getting caught puts a strain on things.  Remy is the a book boyfriend that everyone will love.  He sings, he cooks and has the body to die for.  And the best thing of all, he thinks Harper is the the one and wants to take care of her without trampling on who she is.  A definite win.
Irresistible You is the first book in the exciting new Chicago Rebels series by Kate Meader. A highly entertaining, delightful, sports romance that's a definite must read! With a unique storyline, complex characters you can't helpbut love, witty and snarky banter, humor, angst, and intriguing twists, this emotional roller-coaster of a story will pull you in right from the start, and hold tight until the very end. A fantastic story, and great beginning to what is going to be an incredible series!

I absolutely love the story outline for this series. The uniqueness of a woman, let alone 3 of them, owning a sports franchise, especially a pro hockey team......priceless. The many twists and turns throughout the story, most of them caused by &/or related to the death of their father, as well as the unorthodox will he left with no warning, causes quite a bit of upheaval between the sisters, the players, media, and everyone in between. Of course, the sexual tension that Remy and Harper battle right from the start probably doesn't help matters either, especially since it would put her reputation and career on the line.

Will Harper and her sisters be able to pull off the impossible in order to keep the team that has been a huge part of Harper's life? Even though they've all had a difficult past, especially where their father is concerned, can they learn how to get past the hurt, jealousy, and abandonment issues, and forge the relationship that they've been unable to have before now? With the horrible timing in both of their lives, can Remy and Harper ignore the explosive chemistry between them? What will happen when everyone's priorities start changing, including Remy and Harper's? Will it cost the sisters the team, and the possibility of a relationship together? Will any of them get the HEA they deserve?

Although this story does end with someone getting their HEA, there is a secondary plot that continues throughout the series. That being said, there may be some questions that are not answered in this book, but will be eventually given in a future book. As much as I hate cliffhangers, as well as unanswered questions, this series is an exception. Yes, the author could've given the answers in this book, but it would've taken away from the future stories that are based on the same plot. Trust me, once you read this, you'll understand, and likely agree. I can't wait for the next book, and to see where the stories lead from here.

I strongly recommend this book, series, and fantastic author.

I have voluntarily reviewed this complimentary copy provided by the publisher via NetGalley.
A hockey empire is in danger of crumbling when the owner leaves it all to his daughters. Can they make it work? It's never wise to mix business with pleasure but when Harper falls for her Cajun player it makes it one spicy season full of twists, turns, and surprises.

Both need to overcome their past, work on their careers and decide if love is worth risking it all.

Who will you root for this hockey season?
Kate Meader writes some steamy and fun books. But this one didn’t work for me. One, I couldn’t like the main characters. I wasn’t able to connect to them and found their dialogue and actions cheesy and annoying.
This is the first book in the Chicago Rebels series by Kate Meader.  It is the first book I have read by this author and I thoroughly enjoyed it.  It has an engaging storyline, entertaining characters and I can't wait to read the next story in this series. This is a charming and emotional story about three estranged stepsisters forced together by the dictates of their father's will. Their father was a critical man and now even in death, he has made their lives difficult.  This is Harper's story.

Harper is disappointed her father didn't leave the Chicago Rebels hockey team to her. Now she has to deal with two stepsisters she barely knows and they have to make all the decisions about the team together.  Harper has been working for her father and with the team for years and she is now the acting general manager.

Remy and Harper are brought together when Harper acquires Remy for the Chicago Rebels.  Remy’s nickname is Jinx because he is considered the unluckiest guy in the NHL and he is not happy when he is traded to the Rebels.  I really liked Remy.  He has a great Cajun accent, is close to his family, loves to cook and is sensitive, caring and protective.

When Harper first meets Remy she doesn't have a very high opinion of him but the more she gets to know him, the more she likes him.  Harper and Remy have a lot of chemistry but because she is his boss, they fight their attraction. My only issue with this story, is there were times I had a difficult time liking Harper.  Her father was a mean and heartless man and left all his daughters with issues. Harper can be cold and distant and doesn't always treat Remy well.  Remy is always so patient and understanding with Harper and while I admire his patience, I didn't think she deserved it.  I liked Harper’s two stepsisters and can't wait to read their stories in the upcoming books in this series.  This is a fun and heartwarming story.
If you've read enough of my reviews, I love me a sports romance but I know absolutely nothing about hockey (and football if I'm honest) but this is another sports romance I LOVED!! This story sort of put me in mind of Susan Elizabeth Phillips' Chicago Stars series - if you haven't read those, READ THEM!

Anyway, there's a new female CEO/Owner of the sports team - in this case, she knows what she's doing - but she's having to put back together a less than stellar team. Her father's General Manager didn't do the team any favors and he's allowed for a lackluster team. Anyway, she needs a great backbone of the team and she thinks she's found that in Remy.

Remy does not want to be traded to a bad team like Chicago because that seems unlikely to his plans to win the Stanley Cup before he retires. And oh Remy, he's stinking adorable! Definitely going to have to get this in audiobook just to hear his Cajun accent.

They're both so super strong-willed and stubborn but they're like gas and a match when they get together. I can't wait for more of this series!!
Harper Chase is the most powerful woman in the NHL after the death of her father, Clifford Chase, maverick owner of the Chicago Rebels.  Veteran center Remy “Jinx” DuPre is on the downside of a career that’s seen him win big sponsorships, fans’ hearts, and more than a few notches on his stick. Only one goal has eluded him: the Stanley Cup

Irresistible You is the first book in Kate Meader's Chicago Rebels series and I have to say that I really enjoyed this book.  Both Harper and Remy had something to prove.  Harper that she could be a successful NHL owner and Remy that he could win the Stanley Cup. The characters are well developed and the story line is amazing.

I cannot wait to read the next book in this series, So Over You.

*I received a free copy in exchange for an honest review
Irresistible You
Chicago Rebels #1
Kate Meader
4 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

A new series by Kate Meader, The Chicago Rebels, a hockey team that was inherited by 3 sisters to run. The first book Irresistable You is the story of the oldest sister Harper and the newly acquired player Remy. Remy's a super hot sweet talking Cajun man that found himself falling head over heels for his new Team owner.
Harper is trying her hardest to make it as a female owner in a male sport with a failing team. She has to make it or break it with this season.
The growing romance between Harper and Remy is unstoppable. This is a great start to this series. I can't wait to start book 2 So Over You which is the middle daughter Isobel's story.
Thanks NetGalley for the arc in exchange for my honest review.