Cover Image: The Woman in the Window

The Woman in the Window

This book was fantastic, loved the twists and the ending. Recommended. goodreads.com/booksireadandliked
Disclosure: I would like to thank the publisher and author for my advanced review copy of the book. This is my honest review
A good novel. I already watched the movie. Loved both.
Thanks to NetGalley and Harper Collins for giving me an advanced copy.
#TheWomanInTheWindow #NetGalley
A phenomenal novel.
Anna has left her home for months. Ten months during which she has haunted the rooms of her old New York house, lost in her memories, too terrified to step outside.
Anna’s lifeline to the real world is her window, where she sits, watching her neighbours. When the Russells move in, Anna is instantly drawn to them. A picture-perfect family, they are an echo of the life that was once hers.
But one evening, a scream rips across the silence, and Anna witnesses something horrifying. Now she must uncover the truth about what really happened. But if she does, will anyone believe her? And can she even trust herself?
Everything in this novel isn't what it seems.
I loved it. It's a phenomenal novel.
Thanks to NetGalley and Harper Collins UK Harper Fiction for giving me an advanced copy of this book.
I read the book before watching the Netflix movie adaptation and I would definitely recommend reading the book first.
Anna is your typical unreliable narrator but with a twist that I wasn't expecting.
The story kept me gripped throughout and I loved the atmosphere that was built within the confines of Anna's home. It being set in New York made me enjoy it even more as I could picture the exact neighbourhood that Anna lived in.
I also appreciated the short, snappy chapters.
This is definitely a solid thriller.
If you enjoyed the likes of The Girl On The Train, I would certainly recommend that you give this a read next.
Thank you to Netgalley for providing me with an advanced copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.
A thrilling and intense read.

It kept me hooked and i was unable to put it down.
i read it every chance i got

really worth the read you will not be disappointed.
Loved the film so I thought I'd give the book a read, it was good but slightly disappointing compared to the film, I thought it dragged out way more than necessary and found it a slow read.
Did not enjoy this book at all. Far too slow and nothing happened. Could not get into it at all. Kept waiting for something to happen but it never did.
Great BOOK !! and love that it's on Netflix ... this is a great summer read and well a worth  a watch all the hype around the book was worth reading for a second time so I could post a review here and get a refresh before I watched it .... If you love books like the girl on the train then this should be a book you will enjoy
Great psychological  thriller with lots of twists following Anna Fox a child  psychologist who suffers from  agoraphobia and lives as a recluse.
Anna watches her neighbours with a camera and 1 day sees something that alarms her and what follows is a series of events as she tries to convince the police a murder has been committed.
This kept me enthralled and could not put it down.
Would highly recommend and cannot wait to read A J Finns books.
Thanks to NetGalley for my free copy.
thewomaninthewindow was one of my most anticipated reads for this year but I have only just got round to reading it, I havent watched the film yet either.
This has had such mixed reviews and I can see why. I feel like it started as one book, changed mid way and then changed again at the end. I felt that it was quite slow to start as well and I struggled to get into it for a few days. Around half way through I really started getting into it though and was enjoying where the story was going. I wish it had ended at a different point earlier on, the ending it has felt a bit like it was added on at the end to add a bit more to it then where it had ended but I felt that an alternate ending would be a bit better.

I did enjoy that there were lots of short chapters that made up different days in the characters life. I also liked that it was written as an internal monologue that was very interesting. All in all I feel a bit mixed about it myself but I think it was still one I'm glad I didn't miss out on. I'm interested to see how the film plays out
Girl on the train, gone girl vibe. Thrilling. Spooky with an unreliable protagonist made everything much darker. A little disappointed with the ending but gave me chills! Totally recommend. Book is always better than the film!
I did enjoy this book, but it was one of those typical thrillers where you guess what's going to happen before it actually does. Good read though and I'll look out for further books by this author. I'll also be looking out for the adaptation on Netflix!!
This was ok. The style and pace was consistent but it felt too long for the story. Consistently so, though, each scene took longer than necessary. Almost like the author lost control and indulged in a little ramblin.
It's about a woman who struggles to leave her home and so spends her days watching old movies, drinking wine and spying on her neighbours. There are moments which might leave the reader thinking they've figured it all out and then led down a different path. I think it's all supposed to be tied up neatly at the end, but I had questions which I won't leave here. One in particular seems obvious, but hey, might be just be missing something. And the ending, and I appreciate endings are difficult to get right, but the whole neatness and then-we-all-lived-happy-ever-after vibe is a little bleh.
There's also something a little dated in the whole idea that women fall apart and turn to drink, or even go downright loopy when life gets tough. The number of books and films about women stalking former lovers or stealing babies because they've had a miscarriage or locking their kids up due to paranoia or whatever, are too many. Time to move on I think.
Some readers are likening this book to Girl on the Train... maybe, but I didn't like that too much either, so perhaps I should steer clear of this genre.
So not a book I'll read again.
Thanks to Harper Collins and Netgalley for the ARC
If you love domestic  thrillers you’re going to enjoy this book. If you’re asking yourself whether you should read the. Book or watch the film first, then definitely read the book first.

It’s not the most original of premises, and at times it’s  a little far fetched, but it will keep you occupied.
Excited to find out this will soon be appearing on Netflix! Love love loved it!
I finished this book (as of writing this) three days ago and I'm still trying to catch my breath. This, my friends, is how you write a psychological thriller! I had seen the fantastic reviews pouring in, so I was hopeful that it would be a great read, but I've read so many great books lately that I figured I would enjoy it and move on easily enough. I was wrong. I am STILL thinking about this book constantly; the characters, the setting, the tension is still knotted up deep in my brain somewhere and refuses to leave. This very well might be one of my top reads of 2021
The Woman in the Window by AJ Finn ⭐️⭐️⭐️

Anna is an agoraphobic child psychologist who, whilst stuck in her house in Harlam, believes she witnesses a murder but because of her fragile mental state no one believes her.

Really enjoyed how the author doesn’t give too much away at the beginning of the book but as Anna starts to unravel so does the story, with lots of twists that will keep you guessing right to the end.

However, I really wasn’t keen on all the old movie references, maybe if I’d seen any of them they would of been more meaningful but after I while they just got on my nerves!

Overall it was a well paced thriller, with interesting characters but we only really get to know Anna and found it hard to connect to her because she was such an unreliable protagonist.
I did struggle to read this book, had to keep coming back to it. But as a thriller, the book revolves around Anna, a doctor a psychologist and works with children. Anna however is suffering from Agoraphobia, where she fears to go outside the house. Her life is little different from others because of her fear she cant go outside and had to stay inside the house.

Anna likes to sit near her window and check on her neighbors, street and surroundings through her camera rather than at her door, in the garden or outside anywhere. When a new neighbour  arrives, she meets Ethan, the second character within this book.

One day she hears Ethan’s mother scream from his home and anna tries to confront his father of which he denies about any such scream but she knew something was wrong.

The story of woman in the window was fast paced, it was so gripping and full of surprises. How will Anna prove a crime has been committed? How can she prove it when she doesn’t go outside? There are a lot of twists and turns within this book and the writer dealt with Anna’s anxieties really well.
4.75!

This book is amazing! No wonder loads were reading this the year it came out. As for me? I left it on my shelf. I get really anxious if loads are loving a book. I’m either thinking “ oh what if I don’t love it” or just keep putting it off because I have high expectations.

This all proved to be right though. I agree with lots of what reviewers have said.

It’s mysterious and I definitely didn’t get a sniff in the air of the ending until the last few chapters.
The chapters are short, snappy and leading into the next. So that left me saying “ just one more chapter” .........

The reason I took a while to read this was it had a lot of pages, plus, daily life got in the way along with I’ve been feeling so tired lately. Otherwise I would have flew through this book.
There has been so much hype about this book and I finally got around to reading it.   Well the hype was correct.  This was honestly one of the best books I’ve read in a while. .  Believe the hype this book is excellent.
This story hooked me from the beginning.  I couldnt wait to see what happened next.  Well written and plenty of content.  Will look for this author again.