Home

Pub Date:   |   Archive Date: 9 Apr 2019

I love Myron Bolitar and I think this may have been the favourite of the series so far. I love the characters especially the humour between Myron and Win. I genuinely couldn't put this one down.

Win gets an email saying that Win's cousin, missing for 10 years, has been spotted in London and we're off on a wild ride to track them down. It's easy to follow, the characters are well established now and I enjoyed seeing them all back in the story, doing what each does best. There are the usual red herrings and I loved the end reveals.

I read the whole thing in a day and loved it.
I have enjoyed Harlen Coben novels for such a long time and this one is an emotive read with the disappearance of two small boys.

Ten years later one is seen working the streets and as this tale progresses it is clear that this pacy read has a lot to offer a reader.

Twisty and action packed it is a pure thrill for avid fans.
Another winner from Harlen Coben in his Bollitar series. Coben is one of those wonderful authors who you know you can rely on for a thrilling read.
Overall impression: “Home” by Harlan Coben is the 11th Myron Bolitar thriller (published in September 2016). The good news is, no, the very best top of the world news is, Win is back. This time more than just in a cameo role, he is all over the book and a few chapters are even written in his point of view.  With guest appearances from Mickey, Ema and Spoon, it is guaranteed delight dedicated fans of all ages (but especially those who love Win as much as I do).

What I loved about the book: In case you didn’t get the memo, it was Win. Was, is, and always will be. Also, the pacing is first-class with believable dialogue.

What I didn’t love: The plot is similar to  one of Mr Coben’s previous novels.

Is it a stand-alone? You can read it as a stand-alone and not miss anything plot-wise, though the book is richer if you know Myron’s back story.
For ten long years two boys have been missing.

Now you think you've seen one of them.

He's a young man. And he's in trouble.

Do you approach him?
Ask him to come home with you?
And how can you be sure it's really him?

You thought your search for the truth was over.
It's only just begun

A fast paced thriller that had me hooked from the beginning.
Its gritty and descriptive, featuring the great Myron Bolitar and Win, who are excellent strong characters complete with good senses of humour, you just can’t help warming to them both.
The settings are interesting, especially the visit to London, intensifying the book and adding to its charm.
The plot itself is exciting and sad all at the same time, how nightmarish must it be to have your boy disappear into thin air?
Well worth a read though.
Thankyou to NetGalley, Random House UK, Cornerstone, Arrow and the author, Harlan Coben, for the opportunity to read a digital copy of Home in exchange for an honest and unbiased review.
I have read books by this author in the past, and have always found his books to be gripping reads that have kept me intrigued from start to finish. This is why I jumped at the chance to read this offering from Mr Coben. And again, I was not disappointed.
I found the storyline to be well thought out and fast paced with plenty of twists and turns that will keep you guessing until the very end. The characters were engaging and realistic.
Definitely a must read for fans of the genre.
Another great story by Harlan Coben.
Brilliant characters interact to give a real treat.
The story has enough twists to keep you guessing.
I thoroughly enjoyed this.
Another excellent book from this author. I have read all this authors books and this one does not disappoint either. Thrilling to the very end. Highly recommended. Five stars.

Many thanks to Netgalley and Harlan Coben for the copy of this book. I agreed to give my unbiased opinion voluntarily.
Harlan Coben’s gripping thriller Home is a truly addictive read that throws the reader into the action from page one and keeps turning the screws to its explosive ending.  This is the first Bolitar novel that I have read and I can surely understand the draw as I will be scoping other novels in this series.

The book starts out and although there is a strange writing style that has the first person narrative by one character whilst the majority is written in the third person, not quite sure if this the style for all the books or in this one considering the multi-faceted character point of views that lead the story.  Saying this, this does not deter from the overall enjoyment nor does it jar a person out of the main narrative.

The story of two boys kidnapped ten years ago whom one suddenly appears out of nowhere leads a fast pace thriller that grips you from the first words until the final epilogue.  Coben’s talent lies with taking colourful characters and throwing everything at you and twisting the tale until it can’t be twisted no more to its finale that leaves the reader more breathless than the characters on the page.

The characters are well drawn out and the plot works on all cylinders and there is not one weak or slow moment found within the pages.  There are times that the Bolitar character comes across as a bit smug and I am not sure if we are to think he is dashing and suave or an arrogant guy with too much ego.  As he is featured in the book , most of the book is carried by his good buddy Win who carries the book.  Win is the perfect character that has human faults but is strong and a heart of gold.  He is the winning component in the narrative that really drives the plot forward.

This is an excellent gripping thriller form a master who captures London alarmingly well considering he is an American author.  The only author that can capture foreign lands is John Irving so this is really a feather in his cap.

With its strong plot, fast moving, page gripping thriller plots and its colourful characters, this is a great read that will turn people on to this series.  I read this as a standalone and although I didn’t lack anything from not reading any of the other books in this series, it did leave me with a hunger to read more.  A winning and exciting read that I implore people to add to their read lists.  Simply fantastic.
I enjoyed Home.  It is the first of Harlan Coben's books I have read and the latest in a major series involving Myron Bolitar, but works fine as a stand-alone novel.

Home begins very arrestingly, as Myron's friend Win sees a missing boy in London for whom he has been looking for ten years.  There is a very tense and violent scene and the hunt is then on for the boy and his friend who disappeared at the same time.  A twisty plot follows as Myron and Win investigate, the original kidnapping and the boys' families come under scrutiny and the identity of one of the boys is questioned.

It's nonsense, but it's very enjoyable nonsense.  There are plenty of fantastical elements in Home: Win's almost limitless wealth and influence, his near-superhuman deadliness, the appalling, Bond-villainesque criminal mastermind…you name it.  Nonetheless, Coben writes very well and the dialogue in particular is great, so I found Home very pleasantly addictive.  I could have done without the knowing asides addressed to the reader, but they certainly didn't spoil my enjoyment.

Home is superior, if slightly silly, entertainment with flashes of humour and which doesn't take itself too seriously.  I'll certainly look out for more.