Cover Image: Life in the Hollywood Lane

Life in the Hollywood Lane

I am actually surprised by how much I loved this. Having actually lived part of the life this book explores, I expected it to be another cliched tale of Hollywood dreams. But it really wasn't! I could actually envision former friends and myself having some of those same situations and conversations coming up back in the days of CW. It is pretty dead on, and entertaining. I would recommend it to anyone
I am totally one to judge a book by the cover and thought this would be a fun chick lit ! Boy was I surprised that it was so much deeper than expected. I really loved the main character Trish and enjoyed following along on her journey in Hollywood.
I was very excited to read this book. It was definitely the kind of story I like--interesting characters, Hollywood glam, best friends.... While the premise and the characters were good, the flow of the story was slow. The story bounced around alot and some of the sentences seemed jumbled and out of sequence. I really wanted to love this book, but unfortunately I found it difficult to read. I will try to read it again. Maybe the second time around will be the winner!
I think I will be in the minority with my reception of this book. I did not connect with the writing style and I couldn't bring myself to relate to, or even like, the main character, Trish. I think there were way too many pop-culture references and in trying to instill humor into the book, it became overly gaudy.

Although I recognized the story that the author was trying to tell, I could not get past all the "extra."
Good book will definitely be reading more from you from this author thank you for my arc this was a 5 star must read from me
This beautifully written story follows the effect that her best friend's suicide has on Trish as she attempts to pick up the pieces and move on from her grief.  Such a heartbreakingly realistic read.
Really enjoyed this book.  Ann Crawford is a superb writer.  Would definitely recommend this book to readers.
This is the story of Trish, a Hollywood actress dealing with the sudden suicide of her best friend and roommate Cyndi. Trish is trying to work through the loss of her friend and the grief that comes along with it in the superficial world of Hollywood. Written much like a first person account, Trish tells her story with anecdotes of her Hollywood experiences.

From the title of the book, I thought this was going to more about the Hollywood life of an actress than one woman’s quest to find peace after her friends death. Trish is clearly going through a lot and jumps from subject to subject quite a bit, almost like she can’t keep a thought in her head.  I actually found Trish difficult to like, as she maintains the heathy ego of an actress in Hollywood. Perhaps this is because she doesn’t really know what is what after Cyn’s suicide, but I found it hard to get past.
I have a confession.  I judge books by their covers.  I looked at this book and thought it would be a light-hearted, probably silly, chick lit read.

Instead, I found myself deep in one of the most moving books I have ever read.  My heart ached for Trish as she struggled through the days after her best friend, Cyn, died from suicide.  I found myself rooting for her, cheering for her, and at the end of the book, I was sad that our time together was over.

This is a beautifully written story that will stay with you long after you've read the last page.
I just finished Life in the Hollywood Lane by Ann Crawford. I had never read any of her books and was pleasantly surprised how much I enjoyed the book.
This book shows all facets of The life of an inspired actress and doesn’t sugarcoat over the more adverse parts Trish’s life. I enjoyed going on this up and down roller coaster ride with her while she followed her dreams and I look forward to reading more of the author’s books.