Cover Image: Storm

Storm

Evan has the gift of being able to remember his past lives. When he happens upon someone important from a previous life, he thinks it must be a sign and does all he can to make their relationship work this time around. But in doing so, he puts his life in danger because there is someone who refuses to allow Evan to rekindle this relationship.

This book pulled me in from the very beginning. The premise is a bit different between Venice being able to see the future and Evan being able to remember his past lives - it kept me intrigued. I did find the SEA story line to be a bit confusing and felt like I could have used a little bit more background on SEA and some of the agents. Overall, this was a great book with a new concept and I enjoyed the storyline.
An engaging, intricate story that had me hooked from the start.
The characters were brilliant and believable, the storyline had a great pace throughout, and the suspense levels were perfect.
An enjoyable, engrossing story.
The writing in this book was incredible! I had such a hard time putting it down that I finished it so quickly. Looking forward to reading other books by this author.
I really enjoyed this book.  I realize that it has been released quite some time ago, so my perspective is probably dated to be considered an ARC review.
This is one intense, twisted, addictive, complex, jaw-dropping novel! The aura of suspense increasingly bumped up my anxiety, notch by excruciatingly-taut notch. The palpable tension held me in thrall. The twists made me audibly gasp in shock. And, the fast pace of the wildly-captivating plot kept me swiping the pages feverishly. The characters were so realistic, showcasing the strengths and weaknesses present in us all. I did not want to put this novel down!

*I received a complimentary ARC of this book in order to read and provide a voluntary, unbiased and honest review, should I choose to do so.

#StormNetGalley #NetGalley
Evan and Shadow meet one day when Evan knocked on her door to welcome her to the neighborhood. The attraction he feels for her is instantaneous. She looks exactly like the wife he had in a past life. A wife he was cruel to. Evan believes in karma and he hopes that this is a chance to make up for the despicable things he did to his wife in his previous life.
Shadow brings bad history with her. She has an ex-fiance that will do anything in his power to get her back. Even kill. With the secret agency's help that he works for, he can get away with it.
A thriller. Keeps your attention.
Storm started with a very intriguing take on a futuristic thriller. The potential for twisted past life karma to affect the protagonists current life is interesting. Although I found some of the writing and description to be a little forced I was rarely able to put the book down.

The plot could have used a bit of tweaking and an extra chapter or two more to tie up so loose ends. Overall though Storm is worth reading for those interested in a mysterious thriller with a futuristic feel.
I enjoyed this one - the futuristic style with Evan Storm having dreams of his past life, mixed with meeting his new neighbor, Shadow, who stars in those very dreams kept my attention without being too crazy to understand. What I liked most was the main character and the potential this title had - but it was like it needed some formatting fleshed out to really grab and hold the readers attention all the way.

I gave this title 3 stars for creating a unique world inside the title that had plenty of potential.
It’s been two years and what sounded good them doesn’t appeal to me now unfortunately. I don’t see myself reading this anytime soon.
This is a hard book to review without giving to much away. Without going into spoilers if are interested in a thriller that dips its toes into reincarnation secret societies this book is for you. The book does start out a bit slow but once it gathers speed it doesn't stop. Do not read the plot synopsis and just enjoy the ride.
I didn't manage to get into this one as much as I wanted to. The story just fell a bit flat for me but the writing seems to be pretty good overall.
was a gripping thriller that took you to every aspect of trying to figure out what was really going on  and what was going to happen next! This was such an amazing book and I can’t wait to see what else is released from this author!
started slow but after awhile it drags you in and you have to read the rest. The characters are great and more understood during the book, lots of twists and plots! I really do think though this author didn't know what she wanted to write about so she did wrote it all.. Myster thriller and romance.  It was all just too much.
I fell in love with the cover and wanted to read the book even before I read the blurb. When I did, I knew I had to read it. Storm was like nothing I’ve ever read before. It was interesting and fresh.

If you are triggered by abuse you may want to skim some parts but the story is worth reading.  There is a lot of action and it was definitely a page-turner. I’m looking forward to reading the next book in this series.
I'm not reviewing this book for the problems I indicated on the previous page. The author needs to find a MS editor who will help her, and ought to have begun with a serious rereading of the text. This is not the first time I've thought Amazon is making money out of fledglings.
Thankyou to NetGalley, NetGalley Connect and the author, Gurpreet Kaur Sidhu, for the opportunity to read a digital copy of Storm in exchange for an honest and unbiased opinion.
I thought this book offered a good read.  The storyline was well thought out and written with plenty of twists and turns to keep you glued to your seat. Will definitely be reading more from this author.
Well worth a read.  3.5 stars.
Thank you Netgalley for the ARC.

I really enjoyed this book and found it to be a real page turner as well as an easy read. However, I did find it a little difficult to keep track of the characters at first and the weird choice of names didn't help.

What I think this book struggles from is that it is clearly a 'part one book' so there is a lot of set up and explaining and not a lot of action. When there is action it's very rushed and jumpy storyline that at times it was difficult to read correctly in your head and I had to go back and re-read paragraphs in case I had missed something.

Having said all of that I did like the book and I enjoyed the flashbacks, almost more than the main stoty. Like I said because it's definitely part of a series the book struggles from not being able to answer a lot of your questions.

All I can hope for is that we find out in the next book!
This was a very goodcread. Pulls you in from the start and has you trying to figure out the 'who done it' so to speak while reading. I loved it and am.sure you will as well.
What would you do if the universe gave you a second chance? Would you take the opportunity to redeem the wrongs of a past life? Would you do everything you could to find all the answers so everyone could get a happily ever after? Evan and Denise Storm were raised by their Grandma after their parents accident. Perhaps Grandma Venice could have stopped the tragedy of Evan and Denise loosing their parents with her gift of sight. What other secrets is Grandma hiding? Evan has flashes of a past life where he was married but mistreated his wife horribly, then Shadow shows up next door and all Evan can do is notice that she looks exactly like his past life wife. Is this his chance to right the horrible things that his past self did, or will Shadow's ex-fiance force her to come back home before Evan can right some wrongs.

Storm by Gurpreet Kaur Sidhu is not the usual story I go for. There is a lot of characters to follow, a lot of history to follow and some special gifts that drive this story. For me, the first few chapters were a little slow and I had a hard time following all the different characters, their relations to one another and where they came from. But in a flash something clicked and I found that I could not put this story down. At times it gets dark and graphic, some situations may be hard to read. Once I understood the characters I was able to invest in each of their futures, just waiting for the chapter when I would get to read more about Samantha and Derek or Evan and Shadow. I love the idea of past lives and a kind of undeniable destiny that continuously drives people to one another. I'm interested to see where the story can continues from here. I would recommend Storm to anyone who likes mysteries, thrillers and likes the paranormal.

I was given a copy of this story for my 100% honest opinion.
This was a very engaging story and premise with lots of action that held my attention.  I found some parts a little confusing at tines and had to re-read certain sections but all in all I think it’s a good read.

I received an advanced review copy (ARC) of this book from the publisher through NetGalley for my honest review. Opinions expressed in this review are completely my own.