Cinderella Blue

Pub Date:   |   Archive Date: Not set

This was a fun fast read. I loved how Andie an Bruce meet. The book is well written and the chemistry is good but I would have like it to be a little more fleshed out. All in all a good read.
Andie is a cop undercover trying to catch a thief stealing expensive wedding gowns. Bruce is a cop and walks by the shop and sees a woman in a wedding dress, holding a gun. He goes in and tries to get the weapon away from the woman, who happens to be Andie. She knocks him flat but the thief gets away. Now their bosses have decided to team them up to catch the thief. Bruce tries his best to get under Andie’s skin but she a woman who has four brothers and a long line of cops, so nothing bothers her. The more they get to know each other, the harder they fall but Andie has a rule about not dating cops. Can Bruce convince her to change her rules and give them a try?
Funny and sexy. First time I have read any books my Ms. Reeves and I really enjoyed it. Two people not looking for love but it finds them anyway.
* Voluntarily read and reviewed this for NetGalley *
This book was such a disappointment. The premise sounded interesting and it started out decent, but it quickly lost any good feelings I had about it. Let me start with this. As the proud owner of 2 pitbulls, I was appalled at the treatment the breed received in this book. Andie (h) suffered a childhood trauma: a pitbull off the leash in the neighborhood bit her when she was 6 years old and her brothers had to fight it off. That is all that is said about the incident. That leaves some serious questions about the incident and without any other clarification, makes it hard to believe it was just a random attack. When she knocks on the door of a residence, the (you guessed it) pitbull is barking like crazy and when she finds out it's a pit, she mentally calls it a monster. For the purpose of the story, when she actually makes it into the house, the dog only shows aggression towards her; not the owner or her partner, just her. Give me a break. Then later, when she sneaks into the yard in the middle of the night, Andie is confronted by the dog and is almost attacked. She manages to save herself and her partner by throwing pork rinds at it. First of all, show me a dog, ANY breed that doesn't go crazy and bark when someone knocks on the front door. My pits sometimes crash into the door because they're so excited. Secondly, she's wandering into the backyard in the middle of the night. Again, ANY breed can be territorial and want to protect their home. The dog could have just as easily been a German Shepherd or a Doberman Pinscher or a Rottweiler or even a Chihuahua. By making it a pitbull, the author was attempting to add a "danger" to the story, but all she accomplished was the perpetuated demonizing of the breed. Poorly done.

My next issue with the book: after working with Andie for what, not even 2 full days, Bruce Benton (the H) was thinking he was probably in love with her. I get instalove is a popular trope and I know it can be done well, but that's not true in this case. There was nothing to suggest any believable chemistry between them at that point. Quite honestly, I had a hard time even believing in InstaLUST with them.

Decent editing was lacking as well. There were several misplaced quotation marks (on thoughts or actions, not the speech), both point of views constantly switched in the middle of a paragraph, making it really confusing as to who was "speaking." There were a few times when "too" should have been used and it was written as "to." Another editing issued that glared at me, "No probably cause to go after Santiago." The term is "no PROBABLE cause." There were several more, but this post is getting quite long as it is.

I was going to give this book 2 stars, but after reading the author note about how  supposedly this book was re-vamped and re-released years later, and with as many errors filled the book and how demoralizing she treated pits, and how lacking I found the characters, I had to go with 1 star. I will not recommend this book, nor will I read this author again.
Andie and Bruce tell a funny story. I love their back and forth banter and their rollercoaster ride into love. This is a very well rounded story with such chemistry between the characters. The writing is very good and very easy to read. It moves smoothly and keeps you so engaged.
Andy was on the verge of nabbing her suspect, only to have an intruder walking in and giving the thief the perfect opportunity to escape. He made her missed the opportunity of closing the case. Bruce was unaware of the leverage he gave the thief when he walked in on on the takedown, his mistake caused a tense working environment for both of them since they both have the same nemesis one who holds a grudge. Bruce and Andie make one explosive working team, on the job and in the bedroom, they are a fiery duo.  A police crime novel like no other, it makes for an entertaining and fun read. I like the complexity of the character Andie and the brazen attitude of Bruce, they balance each other, making this one enjoyable and exciting book.
This story gives some lighthearted moments and the two detectives have many fantasies about each other. Deep down for Detective Andrea Luft is the feeling she has that she will not date cops. Her father, grandfather and four brothers are all in some kind of law enforcement but she has this feeling from her mom who died in a traffic accident many years ago. There is Detective Bruce Benton who makes her tingle but he is a cop so off limits though they are forced to work together on a case. The underlining message in this story to me was life is what it is and whether being in law enforcement or a stay at home mom you can die. There are no guarantees. Are you going to go for the love of your life or pass it by? Read this story to see how they worked it out.
Not a favorite book but I"d check out more by this author.  I didn't find it as humorous as other reviewers and that's on me.  But the writing style is well done and the story flows.
A fun book from the very beginning to the last page. With a strong female lead Detective Andie Luft. She is in the process of nabbing a thief who stealing wedding dresses. When she pulls her weapon from her grater lo and behold Detective Bruce Benton is standing outside on the sidewalk looking first at her legs and back to realizing she must be holding up the store, rushing in and telling her to drop her weapon only begins a yelling match between the two of them and when it ends Andie has put Bruce on the ground, and the talk of his unit, not in a good way. She of course lost her suspect and is more than upset. Her anger goes to a new level the next day when she is transferred temporally to his unit and they are to work the case together. Can they even stand to be together let alone work together? Read this fun fast paced story and see what happens. A good book with good characters also.
This is not the first book I have read by Joan but it is the first from this series and what a super read it was it was so much much fun I was pulled right into the book and enjoyed every last page. Andie and Bruce were just fantastic characters and I just loved the banter between them.I can't wait to read more
"Thank you Netgalley and the publisher for the advance copy of this book, in exchange for an honest review."

Loved this book very much.  It had just enough laugh out loud romance and the storyline was great! I highly recommend!
Cinderella Blue is such a fun book.  I found myself laughing aloud.  Well written with a super cast of characters.  If you enjoy romantic comedy let me recommend this book.
Cinderella Blue is a funny cute book that will have readers enjoy the simple banter of the two main characters as the try to deny their feels for one another.  It is a wonderful blend of romance, mystery, action and humor.
The story is part of a series but its is also stand alone novel. Fun easy read that readers will enjoy after a long day.

Thank you to Netgalley and the publisher for a copy Joan Reeves Cinderella blue
A delightful romance that’ll keep you turning the pages...the sparks fly between Bruce and Andie, their clandestine romance evolves with the perfect mixture of humor, action, and a bit of tension to keep everything lively. I was impressed the secondary characters who also played a big part in keeping the action running with more humor added in...who can’t help but laugh when the family also get involved in the budding romance. All in all one romance that you can’t help but enjoy from beginning to end.

This ARC book was complimentary, provided by the Publisher and NetGalley. I am voluntarily providing my honest review.
Chick lit at its finest. Fans of Stephanie Plum will enjoy this cop meets bridal shop tale. Strong female character, Andie really gives her fellow detectives a run for their money. A good follow up book.
This is my first book by Joan Reeves, and I am hooked.
Andie and Bruce are cops forced to work together to solve a case Bruce managed to botch up for Andie. With their undeniable and unstoppable mutual attraction making things difficult, will Andie be able to maintain her no dating cops rule ?
This book was a complete entertainer, with witty banter, excitement, funny situations that will make you laugh out loud and scorching chemistry. I definitely enjoyed and would happily recommend it.
I voluntarily read and reviewed an advanced copy of this book from Netgalley. All thoughts and opinions are my own
This was a fun cop romance between two detectives, Andie and Bruce, who meet in the most hilarious/annoying way possible. Bruce busts in to a bridal shop while Andie is apprehending the suspect and...he screws it all up for her. From there the fun doesn't stop. There's tension between them--sexual and professional--but neither of them are the backing down sort which makes for plenty of fun quick witted banter.
There was steam and there were laughs, which I appreciated. But there wasn't a ton of chemistry between the characters which could have been a problem but everything else was so entertaining that it didn't matter much.
A big thank you to NetGalley and Season Publishing for the ARC. I am voluntarily reviewing this book. First time reading this author. I enjoyed this book, I didn't love it but it did make me smile.  The characters aren't perfect.  They do fall in love pretty quickly. I think A lot of romance readers will enjoy. I rate it a 3.5.
This book had me gasping for breath. I laughed in some parts so loudly that my husband had to turn to see what the heck was going on. This is the first book that I have read in this series but I went back after I finished to get the first one. This book and the characters was absolutely fantastic. The chemistry, the awkwardness, the responses between the two main characters made this a book to read and reread. Thank you for allowing me to read this and write about it.
When Detective Bruce Benton sees a woman wearing a wedding dress and pointing a gun, he immediately barges into the scene with his own gun out front and center.  The woman, Detective Andie Luft, manages to put Benton on the floor ...  but loses her suspect in the chaos.

The man she was chasing is a thief .. one who stolen designer wedding dresses from wedding boutiques all over town.  As a result of losing the suspect, Benton and Luft are assigned to work as partners to close the case.

That's about when the sparks starting shooting.  They're a good match .. he's a ladies  man and resents having to work with this woman, no matter how beautiful she is.  And she doesn't date cops .. full stop.  They do have one thing in common ... they annoy each other.  But underneath the annoyance, desire sizzles for both of them.

I haven't read anything this funny since SHE'S GOT THE LOOK by LESLIE KELLY.    Under all the taunts, the irritations with each other, lies the humor.  Their wicked looks when they each score off the other ... made me laugh out loud.   This couple ae so much fun to watch as they work together to catch a thief, and then fight to keep their attraction from blooming.  This is foreplay at its finest.

This is my first read by this author, but I really enjoyed the change of genre, so I definitely will be back to read more.  CINDERELLA BLUE is the second in this series, but is easily read as a stand alone.

Many thanks to the author / Season Publishing / Netgalley for the digital copy of this Romantic Comedy with  little crime fiction thrown in.  Opinions expressed here are unbiased and entirely my own.
I laughed so much I thought I’d break a rib.  My heart stopped and broke.  My brain exploded as I re-read parts to make sure it really had happened.

Ms Reeves fills the pages with characters you root for, backgrounds you want to visit, and situations you associate with.  This book is the first by Ms Reeves that I have read, but it won’t be the last.

The interplay, as described in the book’s description is wonderful; humour hiding a depth of emotion.  An amazing way to escape the everyday, digging in to another world – a world that despite the mishaps and danger, drags at your emotions.

Lovely!