Cover Image: Cinderella Blue

Cinderella Blue

Laugh out loud funny rom com.  Interesting characters and romance.  I hadn't read anything else by this author but will be looking for more - thoroughly enjoyed!!
The book is quite interesting. I appreciate how workplace sexism is highlighted, especially in the Police Force. I enjoyed watching Andie navigate through this issue.

I think it was a great read and all the characters are properly balanced. The story is quite realistic, especially based on how the world treats women.

It did seem like a common storyline but the writing was good. All in all, I enjoyed the book.
This is a new author to me and I really enjoyed the fast paced romance.  The 2 main characters Andie and Bruce were strong likeable  characters and their interactions funny and really well written. I really enjoyed the story and will definitely be looking out to read more by this author.
Thank you to NetGalley and the publishers for allowing me to read a review copy of this book.
This was a new author for me. The plot and storyline were very well done.  Such a wonderful story. I would definitely try another book by This author.
This was such a cute book! I absolutely loved it! The story moved along well without any big gaps or slow moving sections. I really liked the characters, I thought they were well fleshed out and were believable as a couple.
A lighthearted look at a relationship between two police officers, this book chronicles the love-hate relationship of Andie Luft and Bruce Benton. Thrown together by a vindictive supervisor, the two get on each other's nerves but can't deny their physical attraction. After fighting misunderstandings, vicious pitbulls, and a criminal in the world of high fashion, Andie and Bruce finally admit that they both want more than just a fling. Although some of the dialogue felt a little unrealistic and the story was pretty predictable, there were some funny moments in this book.
This book got too close to home for me as I very much fit into the character of Andie. That being said, , the storyline was great. As someone who is just like Andie, her responses were not always accurate and she would not have come around so fast but I’m guessing the author was going for a shorter book. If you are looking for a decent hot, sex scene book, this is not it (there is barely mention of sex) but if you are looking for a cute, semi accurate fun read, you will love it.
Thank you NetGalley and Season Publishing for this arc.

I found this to be a fast and fun read.  Great escape from the maddening hoards of toilet paper seekers in the world today.  While the overall setting of a police department / detective division for the main characters, Andie and Benton was ridiculous, it's a rom-com...  Riduculousness is expected!    Over-the-top fun!
Thank you NetGalley for a complimentary copy. I voluntarily reviewed this book. All opinions expressed are my own.

Cinderella Blue
By: Joan Reeves

*REVIEW* ☆☆☆
I had high hopes for Cinderella Blue, but I found the story lacking in some areas. It's humorous and fun at times, and the characters have a good banter for the most part. The police procedural part seemed unrealistic, and I had a hard time connecting with the story for this reason. The plot was a bit disjointed, making for an overall average read. It's okay but not my favorite.
DNF at 59%.

The romance felt forced as did the humor. The characters were extremely predictable and boring. Sexism and gender discrimination in the work place is elucidated quite clearly  and also romanticized.

I’m giving this one a pass.
I really tried with this book but had to DNF at 40%.

The sexism and attitudes in this....urgh, I found it unpalatable and irritating.
This book was a disappointment.  It didn't hang together and the blurb promised more than it delivered.  Would be fine for a beach read.
Great story with the perfect amount of smutty. I didn’t read the first book in the series but didn’t feel like I was missing anything. So hard to put down
This is my first book by this author and I was swept up in this laugh out loud story about 2 equally strong characters having to learn how to work together as cops while trying to cope with their reluctant physical attraction.  The characters reminded me of Martin Riggs and Lorna Cole of Lethal Weapon 3 (movie) especially in one scene where Andie and Bruce meet for the first time.  Mild steam.  Hoping Peyton and Andie’s dad get a story.  A fun and light hearted read.
DNF at 56%.
I didn't enjoy the book at all. I tried really hard to get invested in the book and the characters but i just groaned and were bored, so then i gave up. I didn't see the funny -comedy part and the romance felt forced.
This book was so much fun! I loved the humor and the barbs our couple threw at each other.  And then there is the electricity between them....
This was a great beach read.
Many thanks to Season Publishing and to NetGalley for providing me with a galley in exchange for my honest opinion.
Cinderella Blue by Joan Reeves is fun romp through a police procedural. The first scene where Andie and Benton meet is hilarious. The back and forth between them keeps the book light and funny. And the attraction between the two is scorching. Loved the characters and the plot. Can’t wait to read more.
Not for me.

First chapter is Andie Luft nagging about the impracticality of a veil in a disguise and wedding dresses in general. How did she even get into the wedding dress? She seems to be at the bad guy's lair.

Second chapter is Bruce Benton being a male chauvinst. He doesn't even use the standard issue gun of his police department (how does he get away with that one?) And while he contemplates food and the heat he wonders why all the women are out to reduce his testosteron level. *eye roll*

I stopped reading at Hadn't they heard that soy milk could decrease male potency? No, I've never heard of that. But I have heard of men that are secure in their masculinity, or at least secure enough that they don't have to go around blaming women for their moments of self-doubt.

I'm giving this one a miss.
This is my first book by this author and I loved it!  It's a wonderful romance that kept me reading all the way through without putting it down!  I love the chemistry between Bruce and Andie, both strong characters who start a clandestine office romance.  The character development is spot on and the electricity sparks between them with a perfect mix of romance, humor, action, and soul searching.

I also loved the secondary characters and can't wait to read about them in future books!
Wow, what a great funny romance this is......I really enjoyed it , definitely worth the read if you like a good romance with a bit of laughter