Scottish Castles

Pub Date:   |   Archive Date: Not set

I LOVED this book as I regularly frequent Castles in Scotland and this book gave me a new insight into (a) the history of the castles and (b) some new castles to visit. Will regularly dip into this one!
This is amazing book with information about all 140 of Scotland's castle. Each entry is accompanied by a gorgeous colour picture of the castle and a wealth of information as to its historical providence, architectural history and uses up until the modern day if applicable. A must for castle fans or those planning on visiting these magnificent wonders of Scotland.
Thank you to netgalley and the publishers for a copy of this to review.

This isn't the most detailed guide to Scottish Castles you could find, but for such a compact book it holds a lot of information!
Each castle has a photo and a small summary of its history, along with website and contact details. I would say this is a perfect tour guide for those wanting to plan a tour of Scottish castles, or for those just getting into the history and heritage of Scotland like myself.
Good little informative book about castles in Scotland. There is enough facts about each castle which gives a good overview of time period and style. Having enjoyed many a happy holiday in Scotland visiting castles this gave me ideas of new places to visit.
This is a lovely guide to Scotland's castles and gives a brief history of each one. Very handy for anyone travelling in Scotland or anyone who is interested in it's history.