Sinful (Sinful Surrender Quartet Book 1)

Pub Date:   |   Archive Date: 28 Sep 2019

Nothing wow-ing about this, really. I don't really like crime fiction, but the romance was kinda at that level of blah that I actually found myself interested in the crime storyline.

I felt there was not enough detail in the writing, where things just seemed to skip along but never actually answer anything.

Also, the last part was really rushed? And then there was a cliff-hanger that makes me feel like I'm really not invested in as much as I feel I should be.

2.5/5
I was really surprised by this book - an amazing storyline, well written and it has everything!

The level of detail between the characters and the events places you in the midst of the action - all of it.  Super-steamy and with all the right level of description of events.  Loved it!
This book definitely had me hooked from the beginning. If you’re not a fan of steamy scenes, good vs bad boys, and a little bit of police work thrown in, this book isn’t for you. Belle has been through a lot in her life, especially since she believes that her parents were murdered in contradiction to what the police believe. This is why she has worked so hard to work her way up in the NYPD to hopefully prove that they were wrong about her parents’ deaths.

Now about the guys in Belle’s life. Xander saved her from a fire right after her parents died and has always been her knight in shining armor. She’s always seen him as her protector and may have always had stronger feelings for him as well (but she’d never admit it). Sin, on the other hand, is someone she can’t have even if her brain can’t quite get that message to the rest of her body. He’s her lieutenant so that alone should be enough to discourage anything between them (key word being should).

But let’s just add another layer here. Xander and Sin are lifelong friends and they obviously have something they are working together on (besides Belle). The last fourth of the book is full of so many emotions and unexpected turns that you’ll want to make sure you have the second book ready!

My only critique for this book is that there were quite a few errors and places that definitely needed to be reworded. My copy did come from NetGalley, so most of these issues may have been addressed in later editions. This is why it didn’t affect my overall opinion of this book.
Finished the #SinfulSurrender Series by #KatherineHawthorne and I have to say, I was pleasantly surprised with this series.   I am going to talk about all the books as if they are one because the first three books leave off in cliffhangers,  and if you don't read all four together, there is no way you will get the full impact of the story.  And yes, all four books, make up one story, however, there will be no spoilers given here.

Isabelle (Belle) is rescued by Xander at 17yrs old when her parents are killed and they become best friends.  She slowly falls in love with him over the years, but is conflicted because she has strong feelings for her Lt. Alex Sinclair (Sin) who is Xander's (best) truest and longest friend.  Belle is determined to find her parents murderer, not believing the official ruling of their deaths,  and nothing is going to stand in her way, and it takes both men working together to keep her safe, with the help of one person nobody ever sees coming.

Ms.  Hawthorne is extremely adept at drawing the readers in each of the books, making them search for the next book in the series (thankfully I had all four at once or I would be going absolutely CRAZY, LoL!). She knows how to play on the readers emotions, and knows exactly when to leave them hanging at the end of each book.  Normally I really hate books (serials) that in cliffhangers like these do, and give up on reading them on the second or third book,  but Ms. Hawthorne had me so engrossed,  there was no way I could put them down! As soon as I finished one book I was opening up the next,  and I was very sorry to see this story end.

As for the covers of the books, I believe they could use a bit more work, at least that's my opinion.   While many people may find the two shirtless men and the woman in her lingerie "sexy", I think it would have been more appealing if it revealed less skin, using the old adage "more is less".   Otherwise,  there is not a lot I can say that is actually negative about this Author, or her series.
This is a great opener to. Sexy seductive series. Sin, Xander, and Bella are just realizing their feelings for each other and they finally have the time and space to act on them!

Thank you to Netgalley and the publisher for granting me this free ebook in exchange for an honest review!
I both loved and hated this book. The whole time I couldn't understand why sander wouldn't be with her, right up until the end. I'm still unsure of what the he'll is going on but there was a warning of a cliffhanger so I can only blame myself.
I enjoyed this book, and I am looking forward to what is going to happen in the next book.  However I have to say that Belle got on my nerves with her wanting to do everything on her own.  I will certainly continue this series but I hope she starts accepting help.
Sinful is full of erotic, romantic, sensual suspense.

Wow!

Deep emotions run high in this fast paced, well written story, that unfolds leaving a cliffhanger until the next book in the series.

Mfm menage whatever will happen next!

Can't wait to start the next book and won't want to put it down until the end. Make that the end of the series of four stories.

Go on read and enjoy!
Amazing, this was one hell of a drive. Intense story with great characters, suspense, and hot alpha males. I liked the criminal plot as well as the romance. There are still so many secrets lurking between the 3 main characters it is Hard to get the bigger picture. The writing is good, the characters well developed and the chemistry is smoking hot, like their scenes together. Great book and I can't wait to read more.
What? Ménage, come on girl get! Such a suspenseful read. I was drawn in immediately. I love her relationship with Alex And Xander. The badass cop chick, I never saw her as week even in the moments you felt you should. She was strong and determined. She is that one person you want in your corner to help you and fight for you! Brought me back to the strength of Katniss from years ago. Truly great read.
I received this book for my honest review and thoughts!
OMG 10*****stars that isn't even enough. From the first pages I was hooked. I could not stop reading this book. Every page turn drew me deeper into the lives of all of the characters. I am know ready to read the next three books and will not stop until I finish the last page of book 4. Thank you NetGalley for allowing me to read this book.
4.5 Stars  Hot, and Steamy!!!

This was my first time reading anything by this author, and I really enjoyed reading this book, and look forward to reading the rest of this series.

This is the first book in the Sinful Surrender Quartet, and the story of Xander, Sin, and Belle.  These characters, and well written, and they have insane chemistry, that explodes off the pages.  Their story takes you on a roller coaster ride, of murder, mystery, suspense, drama, secrets, lies, lust, emotion, and lots of twist, and turns.   This is a must read!  4.5 Stars
The plot is good and suspenseful. The characters are mysterious and cativating, was a little confused in the beginning. I like Belle, she has a strong goal in her life. Was a very enjoyable reading!
Six years later, a friend is murdered at the hottest nightclub in Manhattan, again thrusting me into a killer’s crosshairs. Now a detective with the NYPD, I refuse to hide, unyielding in my pursuit of justice.When I started reading I couldn't put it down.Katherine Hawthorne is magnifysent and amazing writer.I cannot wait to read more of there books.Keep up the great work.You should definitely read this book.Can't wait for the next book.
** 3.5 stars **
This is the first book I've read by this author and I was intrigued by the blurb.  Sadly, it was a slow moving plot.  I felt that a strong woman like Belle who had been carry a secret - torch for these two men for all these years would not be so back and forth.  She was so quick to jump to the worst conclusions about either of them when it didn't seem that they had ever done anything in the past to lead her in that direction.  In fact Xander is constantly called her "hero".  That would lead me to always think the best of them. It's very frustrating, her back and forth attitude, and then avoiding them.  It's most childish.  While the character of Belle drove me crazy, I did enjoy the suspense of the story.  It's a toss up if I'll read the rest.
** I received a free copy of this book via NetGalley and am voluntarily leaving a review.
I picked this book up because it sounded like a romance with an interesting plot. The main character, Bella, becomes a cop after the horrendous deaths of her parents. There is one man she trusts & that’s Xander, the man who saved her, and then there is Alex, her boss. Both are desperate to keep her safe despite all the things that Bella does that goes against anything they say.

I enjoyed the suspense & mystery aspect of this book as well as the steamy scenes. But Bella’s character honestly was one I couldn’t get with. She even admitted to being a b**ch & just honestly became the worse when she kept saying No when even in her mind she didn’t’ believe it.

I plan on continuing with the series, hopefully her character gets some development and grows up.
Really enjoyed this book despite the cliffhanger. Not only does the book draw you onto the next book, but as each chapter ends with a minor cliffhanger so you are drawn on through the book.
The book begins with a party at which we first meet Sin shortly before the death of Belle's  parents.  Belle goes off to their ski chalet which is then devastated by fire. Several years later she has become a first rate detective determined to find out who killed her parents.
An excellent if mildly erotic read.
I was given this book by Netgalley and the publisher.  This is my voluntary and impartial review.
I have immensely enjoyed reading this book. Its well written. Will definitely recommend. I am glad I was given access to this arc.
Zander saved her life and she would fight against crime to find the answers to the night that ended in tragedy. They both shared the same pain. A parent lost to violence. Working as a police officer she would seek justice for those victims and her keen intellect let her solve crimes quickly. Having an overbearing boss puts a hitch in her side. What’s even better is that she desires two men who couldn’t be more wrong for her. A cliffhanger that will knock your socks off.
First time reading something from this author and I’m so pleased I did!
This had so much going for it, definitely not your typical saucy ménage romance. Couldn’t put it down and can’t wait to read more!