Don’t Go Baking My Heart

Pub Date:   |   Archive Date: 27 Aug 2019

A very fun series! All of the elements i love in good, British, chick lit!

**OMG!  I cannot believe that these reviews haven't been done!  I am so sorry they are so late!!!**
Wonderful book 1st in the series, i loved this book so much so i went onto Amazon and purchased the rest in the series.
Fantastic start to a series. What more could you want, cakes, breath taking scenery, a gorgeous dog and a bus! Can’t wait to see where this journey is headed. Must read!

What a lovely and heartwarming read!

This is part one of a series and the main character, Charlie, is left a vintage bus by her Uncle Hal so she puts it to good use serving cream teas in an idyllic seaside village in Cornwall.

The characters were well drawn by new-to-me author Cressida McLaughlin, and were extremely warm and real. Even though bakeries, tea and coffee shops and pretty coastal Cornish settings are very much tried and tested in the literary sense, the vintage bus added a different dimension that gave the beginning of this series some uniqueness, the promise of originality and its essence. With humour, romance and a winsome holiday setting, this one is highly recommended and I am looking forward to seeing how the series develops.

I received a complimentary digital copy of this novel, at my own request, from HarperCollins UK via NetGalley. This review is my own unbiased opinion.
Charlie is left a Routemaster double decker bus in her uncle Hal’s will. Before he died Hal used to take people out on tours of the Cotswolds. Charlie’s life has come to a standstill - she has split up with her boyfriend, lost her beloved uncle and even her boss and her best friends think she should take a sabbatical.

Off she trots with Gertie (the bus) to a wee seaside town in Cornwall to stay with her best friends Juliette and Lawrence combining the bus experience with her culinary delights. What could possibly go wrong?

This was an okay read but very predictable in parts (as a lot of romances tend to be) hence why it doesn’t quite make the 4 stars in my eyes.

Thanks to Netgalley and the publisher for an advanced read copy of this book in exchange for an honest and unbiased review.
This is such a wonderful new series. Charlie is left an old bus in her uncles will and decides to try and make a living turning it into a cream tea bus and taking it to Cornwall. It sounds so idyllic that you want t0 look for it whilst you are on holiday in Cornwall.
A friends relation has a business with a café in a railway carriage and more recently a double decker bus aswell- and this series has made me more keen to travel down and eat there.
I just loved every page
Loved this mini book and cannot wait to read the rest in the series.
After being left her uncle's bus, Gertie, Charlie is keen to make her a success. Heading to Cornwall with her puppy Marmite, can she mend her broken heart and wake up a sleepy village? And what's the deal with Daniel, could love be in the air?
What a lovely, easy to read feel good book.
Charlie has inherited Gertie,  an aging double decker bus that uncle Hal used to use for sight seeing day trips.
Charlie is recovering from her break up with her boyfriend as well uncle hals  death.
On a holiday to beautiful Cornwall, taking Gertie with her  she develops the idea of combing her passion with baking and that of her love for bus. Result.......the Cornish cream tea.
Can't wait for the next instalment.
Love the first installment. Really easy to read, great opening had you in the story already. Starting to see the development of the characters. Looking forward to reading the last three sections and going to buy them to complete the story.
Thanks to Harper Collins for this ARC
Cressida is amazing, she has created a world in which I want to live. The Cornish cream tea bus is a heartwarming read perfect for the summer
Don't Go Baking My Heart was a great start to what I believe will be a wonderful series. I finished this book in one sitting and can't wait to follow Charlie on her upcoming adventures with Gerti, her Cornish Cream Tea Bus. The bus was all kinds of magical and unique, making me wish a cafe on wheels existed in real life too... I'd be there all the time!
Thanks to NetGalley for an early copy in return for an honest review
A very good read and one I can highly recommend to others.
I could not put this down.
Thoroughly enjoyable with an amazing cast of characters that you cannot help but engage with.
Don’t Go Baking My Heart by Cressida McLaughlin.
A fabulous feel good read. I loved it. Loved Charlie. There were some characters that I didn't like.  I'm looking forward to the next book. I loved the cover too.  5*.
Really enjoyed this first instalment of the Cornish cream tea bus. Charlie was inspired by her uncles bus tours and her love of baking and invented the Cornish cream tea bus. Can’t wait to read the next instalment.
I loved this first instalment starts of with Charlie inheriting an old bus from her much loves uncle which he did tours from sadly she won’t be doing that so she thinks of another idea to keep the bus on the road with her recent split from her partner she uses the money from her half of her home to do the bus up and she sets up at her friends little seaside town. Which sounds idyllic I can’t wait to read the next book! I also love Charlie’s dogs name marmite!
I really enjoyed The Cornish Cream Tea Bus Part 1. Don’t Go Baking My Heart it was a great start to an enjoyable set of books on The Cornish Cream Tea Bus. A lovely first instalment that I devoured in one sitting. I loved it.
An amusing start to this series of novellas that will eventually make up The Cornish Cream Tea Bus. This was again a perfect choice for me, I needed something lighthearted and this was it. I love Marmite the dog already and enjoy that the author always includes at least one dog in her books. I can't wait to get my hands on the next part so I can find out what happens. The area of Porthgolow sounds amazing and I liked that the author helped me conjure up images of the Cornish coastline. I think I will now wait until the rest of the books are released so I can read in one go, as just when it was getting started it finished.
My thanks to Netgalley for the ecopy of this in exchange for an honest review
This book was great but I was sad when it finished so I can’t wait to read the next one and see wha happens with Charlie’s new adventure. It really leaves the reader to want more and read the next books
This is the first Cressida McLaughlin book I have read, and definitely won't be the last. I cannot wait for the next instalment to see how Charlie gets on with her new venture in Gertie. I really warmed to the characters, and can picture the beautiful Cornish costal village, as well as cute Marmite the dog. I am intrigued by the mermaid story and look forward to learning more. Although instalments, which I am not always so keen on, I loved the story and will be waiting to read more.
I really enjoyed this book.  I adored the story line and loved the main characters.  I read this book in one sitting and would highly recommend this book.