Marked for Death

Pub Date:   |   Archive Date: Not set

Excellent novel that kept you hooked from start to finish. Lots of undercurrents and no hints as to final outcome. Definitely recommended.
This was a thrilling courtroom drama following the horrific death of a retired Lord Chief Justice. Non stop action all the way through. Very compelling storyline.
A gruesome murder mystery, well written with a legal thriller plot behind it A definite read in one sitting book!  Fantastically gripping and you will be on the edge of your seat!
On the whole I quite enjoyed this book. An interesting main plot and some engaging characters. I found it fairly hard going in many of the courtroom scenes, and I found some of the action to be unbelievable.  The ending had a twist that I didn't see coming, but the transformation of one of the key protagonists seemed just too unlikely.
Having read Tony's debut book I was excited to read a second installment and I was not disappointed.  Brilliant read, completely gripping from beginning to end.  The scenes were so well described you felt like you were in the room with the characters.  I found the interactions between the characters worked well whilst at the same time having their own individual stories.  Looking forward to future books by this exciting author.
A really gripping thriller that kept me guessing until the very last page. I loved it. Would recommend!
Really enjoyed this book it had so many twists and turns
I really liked the main character Michael Devlin, a Belfast-born criminal barrister with hints of a secret past. his girlfriend Sarah Truman, a CNN reporter determined to get her headline; forms a friendship with Detective Chief Inspector Joelle Levy a strong character with a history of solving crimes but they both have their own agendas.
Who is the psychopath killing the people around them?  Is there a link to these murders ?

You will need to read it to find out . I found it hard to put down and because of the hints of their pasts I am going read the previous book too
When a Lord Chief Justice is crucified and then a similar killing occurs, it becomes clear that friends and colleagues of  lawyer Michael Devlin are being targeted.  Whilst DCI Joelle Levy investigates the killings, Michael struggles with secrets from his past and the guilt that these secrets may be the cause of this madman's actions. This book held me attention well throughout and the ending was exciting even if it was a little bit unbelievable and more like an action film script than a thriller plot line.  I would highly recommend it.
I thoroughly enjoyed this book although it did take me a bit of time to get into it - once in, it was a real action packed roller coaster of a read.  I thought the courtroom drama was well done and I loved the character of Michael Devlin.  I will be searching for more books by this author - recommended.
A most interesting and exciting story of an unusual, Jewish ex Israeli covert operations lady detective who leads a top Scotland Yard team charged with solving the brutal murder of a gangland boss and then soon afterwards the brutal obscene murder of a prominent retired Judge. She is tracked by a top TV journalist hoping for a major scoop. The lady journalist is married to a brilliant QC also an unusual character as his was born and raised up from the back streets of tough Belfast. The story also encompasses some dramatic cross examinations of a witness in court by the QC. When he gets involved in the hunt for the killer all his back street skills are also needed if he can escaped getting killed too. How all these unrelated events tie together so that the killer is brought to justice makes a captivating and exciting read.
A thrilling story and great introduction to books by Tony Kent.  I shall be back for more titles by this author.
A great crime drama bouncing between court and the police.  Loved the story line.  Thoroughly recommended read.
Wonderful action story. It was go, go, go from start to finish. I have got to read more of Tony Kent’s books. I need to hear more about Michael Devlin. Brilliant book from start to finish, I could not put it down.
I haven't read any books of Tony Kent before, so I didn't know what to expect.  I did however enjoy it immensely and will in future make him one of my new "have-to-have's!!
Recommended.
A superb legal/crime thriller that, after a slow start, metamorphosed into a real page-turner.

I struggled to get into this book for some time due to the number of characters that were introduced and the seemingly unconnected stories that they told.  However, there soon came a "eureka" moment when everything fell into place and I was glad that I had persisted.  Characters really come to life in the second two-thirds of the book and, what I liked more than anything, was the accuracy with which the story was told and, more so, the accurate narrating of the geographical settings.  As someone who lived that life and now lives but a stone's throw from the climatic ending this tale was more real than many might credit.

Wholeheartedly recommended.
This book was not really for me but as I always finish a book, I read it until the end (and that was the best bit with a nice little twist at the end that I didn't see coming)
The court room drama in the book wasn't for me, not really a fan, I think sometimes a layman can lose the storyline with all the criminal law jargon. The story surrounding the court room didn't really add much as it was  not part of the main story, I think it was put in to show what Michael (QC) can do.
A well written compelling thriller. A tense book that will keep you on the edge of your seat. You need to turn the next page as quick as you can to see what happens next.
Absolutely one of the best books I’ve read, it has everything  suspense, mystery, courtroom drama, gruesome murders,characters with their own  stories  and the most likeable leading man, I found this book so well written i was drawn in from the first pages  the author Tony Kent is going to be on my list  from now on can’t wait to read more
Wasn't for me, I found the pacing to be a bit slow and the characters fairly annoying. The plot was fine but there was just something about it I couldn't gel with.
Full of twists and turns(even if some of the relationships are pretty conventional)... a good guy barrister, humble and deft, witha background of physical action with the criminals he represents, and a girl friend he's loyal to despite gorgeous, predatory assistants (that's the stereotyped part, for one) - but the big twist coming is how their lives are intertwined since the girl friend is a reporter - there's a professional and sharp policewoman involved, and an authenticity that probably derives from research well done. Taut, and sharp, good friendships and gruesome violent murders abound .. sometimes stretching credibility (kidnapping a cop??)  but really a professional crime novel, top notch.
What a fantastic book. I read it in almost one sitting-such a page turner that I couldn’t put it down!

This is my first Tony Kent book but it made me got straight out and buy the earlier novel in the series.