You Make Me Feel Like Glamping

Pub Date:   |   Archive Date: Not set

Really enjoyed this book thank you. Vibrant, believable, characters and an absorbing plot. I will ensure I look out for this author in the future!
Yes yes yes! This is one heck of a fantastic read! What amazing characters I really loved them all and their own little stories.
A sincere thank you to the publisher, author and Netgalley for providing me an ebook copy of this book in exchange for a fair and honest review. I enjoyed this story very much and felt like I knew each character personally due to the description of them. I enjoyed the storyline. This is not my usual genre but in this instance I am extremely pleased and grateful for opening up my mind to something totally different. Thanks again.
This was better than I thought it would be from the blurb, with more layers than I expected.
This is because it is a serial which means that it was able to dig deeper into characters.

Charlotte is having a birthday party with her three friends from university, twenty years on they have changed but there are still tensions and loyalties between them.

I want to find out more!
2,5 Stars

I expected four best friends coming together for a long weekend of glamping (on a real camp-site) and talking about their past, present and future. But I got none of that.

The 'glamping' is in fact a couple of big tents in front of a manor house where Charlotte is celebrating her 40th birthday. Since the 50 guests are only friends and family of her adulterous husband, she also invites three friends from her university days, which she hasn't seen in quite some time.

Each of the women has issues of her own, but only those of Charlotte and Freya are mentioned in some detail. And not resolved properly - since this is the first part of a series (which I only found out at the end of the book), the author probably needed to leave something for the remaining 3 books. It still left me a bit unsatisfied at the end. I also expected a lot more interaction between the four friends. Last but not least I couldn't warm to the writing style.
I loved reading this book. Was nice that the girls meet up after a long time and there friendship was still there. I do hope Charlotte see sense and leaves her hubby. I can't wait to get stuck into another one theses books and meet the girls again. 5* for me
I don't usually buy books that come in parts like this until the whole thing is released because I haven't the patience to wait for the next instalment. I will definitely be on tenterhooks waiting for the rest of this story. The author has done a great job of whetting my appetite. There are questions I want answered and in one case I want to see someone get their comeuppance. I love the fact that even though all four women have very different lives and in some cases haven't seen each other for years their friendship quickly becomes as strong as it was when they were at uni. I can't wait to read the rest of the story.
Review posted on Goodreads and Amazon
This book (or rather, the first quarter of a book) was not quite my cup of tea. It’s about a group of friends who meet up after many years of not really being in touch much. It is reasonably well written, and I felt like I was beginning to get to know the main four characters. However, there are far too many secrets and resentments between the friends for my taste. I do feel that it has the potential to become a good book, depending on how the other 3 sections go, it’s just not for me. I did like the themes of friendship though.

I was given a free copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.
I really enjoyed You Make Me Feel Like Glamping. A story about four women who were friends at university who having lost touch as a four piece over the years meet up to celebrate one of them turning 40.
A great easy to read book and I’m looking forward to reading the second book in the series.
I really enjoyed this part of what I now realise is a series... So many secrets hinted at, I need to know what happens next and what all these secrets are. An enjoyable and easy read.
The blurb says it pretty much all, and I don't want to give any spoilers because you are going to love this series!
I quickly got to know the four uni friends Freya, Emily, Izzy and Charlotte. They all are all different. Freya loves everything sustainable and owns her shop in London. Charlotte is the superbly organised mother but somewhat suffering wife, Emily is a career-driven woman with a few secrets up her sleeve and Izzy is the adventures one that hides something quite big. They have one thing in common- fabulous university memories.

Fast forward a couple of decades, few children and a couple of husbands, Charlotte is inviting all her friends to celebrate her 40th Birthday. So what could possibly go wrong? They are surrounded by a gorgeous caste they are glamping it up in luxurious yurts and Charlotte everything under control. Not really.

All four ladies tried to pretend that everything is FINE at the beginning until...well you will have to read the book to find out.

I absolutely adored this book. It ticked all my boxes of an engaging, glamourous, wicket and fast-paced read that I could not put down.

I quickly bonded with Charlotte, Emma, Izzy and Freya and their little friendship units and I can't wait for the next instalment to see who will everything unravel and if the girls can pull it together.
The first part of this series. They are all friends from university, meeting up to celebrate Charlotte's 40th birthday. They haven't seen each other for years, and they are all keeping secrets.

Looking forward to the next part and finding out what happens next.
This 1st part to a series is off to a great start. It’s about 4 uni friends that are reunited for one of their 40th birthdays. I can’t wait to read the other parts to this book.
I loved reading the first part of the series and I felty like I was clamping alongside the girls. All the girls have secrets they have gained since leaving university.
This first part of the series is all about Charlotte and celebrating her being 40. Her husband Oli is making her throw a big birthday bash and inviting all his fiends and family, but much to Oli’s disgust, charlotte is inviting her three friends who know her better than anybody.

Many things happen over this weekend: secret child, an unfaithful husband and an eventful party which ends up with someone covered in cake!

This book had me smiling all the way through – apart from the sad confession part! Also I can't wait to read part two, three and four
I loved this book
This is the first in a series.
This book was engaging, glamorous and fast paced
I bonded with the characters easily and can’t wait for the next instalment.
Four friends who went to university together, who since leaving have led completely different lives.  All four have their own problems, but think all they are the only ones!
Charlotte thought she was happily married, until she saw a text from from another woman and he admitted he had had an affair!  But she had to put on a brave face as it was the weekend of her 40th birthday and a big party had been arrange with all the high society people her lawyer husband knows!
Charlotte invited her 3 friends from Uni, and they all came with their families, each with secrets that their didn’t want to share - yet!
Charlotte ended up telling them all about her husband and she is left with not knowing if she wants to carry on with the marriage!
This book end with a cliffhanger.
A great start to what should be an excellent book. The characters seem so familiar that you feel you are amongst friends from the beginning. Each character has a trait that you are sure to find one you can relate to. Well written and entertaining, cannot wait for the next part.
Thanks to Daisy Tate and Netgalley for the advance e mail copy.
You make me feel like glamping is a really great and funny book. It draws you in from the very first page and with its amazing characters and funny storyline has you reaching through the pages until the end.
I found this book hilarious and I can’t wait to read the next instalment! Already have it marked to read on Goodreads!
A group of women bffs in college reunite for one of their fortieth birthdays avglamping trip..This group of women whose lives have changed no longer young college girls each has their own lives own secrets.This was a wonderful book with alotbof depth looking forward to part two .#netgalley #harpercollinsukhaperfiction