The Eclair Affair

Pub Date:   |   Archive Date: 27 Aug 2019

A very fun series! All of the elements i love in good, British, chick lit!

**OMG!  I cannot believe that these reviews haven't been done!  I am so sorry they are so late!!!**
I hadn't read the first in this series and was a bit confused by some of the elements of this book, so I would highly recommend you read the first one before trying this one. Once I'd read it, it was much better!

I enjoyed this book, though perhaps not as much as some of the more recent books I've read. It was easy, summer holiday reading and I love the idea of a Cream Tea Bus.
Part two out of four and continues to be brilliant. More cakes! More beautiful scenery! More Gertie! Also the start of what could be a beautiful romance (or two). Must read this summer - or any time.

Loved it! Cressida writes such fabulous characters. Especially loved the setting in this book. And Marmite sounds so adorable.
Another wonderful book in the series following the cream tea bus. Charlie is settling in and making new friends and there is a hint of romance possibly in the air. Cressida always creates such wonderful characters and settings that you find yourself desperate to read the next in the series.
This is an excellent book which made me smile.
It was so descriptive and well written
Can’t wait to read the rest of the series
So far the story is being set up very well, I’m intrigued to discover how it pans out whilst also being constantly amused, and catching myself with a smile on my face. I wasn’t sure if I liked the main characters for the first few chapters but as the story develops they are growing on me.
I have absolutely loved this series of books. I have never read a book in 4 parts before but it was a nice way of doing it. I was lucky enough to have been able to read all 4 parts.

Charlie inherits a routemaster bus from her uncle Hal and she turns it into a mobile cream tea cafe. She lives in Ross on Wye but is persuaded to move down to Cornwall to go and live with her best friend Juliette whilst she figures out what she wants to do.

She gets her bus done up and finds some resistance from locals, and has a few run ins with the local boutique hotel owner Daniel.

Will it all work out? You will have to read it. I loved it so much and went and bought every other book the author has written.
Thanks to netgalley for the chance  of read this book.

The second instalment of Charlie’s adventures on her Cornish cream tea bus.  Can organising a food market get porthgolow thriving again.

Can’t wait to read the third installment.
Another brilliant instalment of Charlie’s adventures with the Cornish cream tea bus. Such a feel good read I loved it!
Thanks to NetGalley for an early copy in return for an honest review
A very good read and one I can highly recommend to others.
I could not put this down.
Thoroughly enjoyable with an amazing cast of characters that you cannot help but engage with.
The eclair affair by Cressida McLaughlin.
A fantastic feel good read.  I loved the story and some of the characters.  Daniel is warming up to me. I really liked Oliver. Charlie is still my favourite character.  I'm looking forward to the next book.  5*.
The second part of this great story of Charlie, her puppy Marmite and the brilliant Gertie, the Cornish Cream Tea Bus. I am absolutely loving this story, as Charlie starts a new life in the Cornish seaside town, following the death of her beloved Uncle Hal and the break-up of her relationship with Stuart, after being cheated on. Her fight to build her business, fit in with the locals and mend her broken heart is keeping me hooked. I can't wait for the next part!
I loved The Cornish Cream Tea Bus Part 2. The Eclair Affair. Read in one sitting I could not put this second part down until it was over. Another fab instalment and looking forward to the next two parts.
Oooh, things are hotting up for Charlie! Loved the scene at the spa and my crush on Daniel is coming along nicely. Such a fabulous summer read - can't wait for book three!
Another fab installment. Will they? Won't they? Bit of a love story. A mysterious local woman. Cream teas. Cornish beaches. What is there not to like. Bring on part three.
I really enjoyed this book.  I adored the story line and loved the main characters.  I read this book in one sitting and would highly recommend this book.
As soon as the second part of The Cornish Cream Tea Bus became available, I downloaded it and started to read, still remembering how nice the first part was and looking forward to meet Charlie and Marmite and their new friends again, and see what the people of Porthgolow are to do with her fresh ideas to bring a little life to this coastal village.

Charlie is settling in Porthgolow, even though she was initially supposed to stay there for a few weeks, and not for a few months. She's determined to make a name for herself but also to wake Portholow up, and so she'd like to organise Porthgolow Food Fest, inviting some of the best food trucks. And when she sets her mind on something, there is nothing stopping her. Or is there? Like some unwilling residents?

So. This short story. As usual, so colourfully, vividly written, and Cressida McLaughlin brings the place so easily to life. I loved the descriptions of the food festival and then the fire on the beach, they were beautifully and gorgeously written. Of course, the food sounds DE - LI - CIOUS, all the cream teas mentioned, cakes but also all kind of other goodies.

The more I get to know Charlie, the more I like her. She's determined, consequent and also stubborn, but she wouldn't achieve this what she has achieved till now without being stubborn, right? She has only good intentions and she gives always her best. The romance aspect that is looming on the horizon is also lovely and right now I can't tell you in which direction is going to go, which is a great feeling as I love surprises! I have my favourite here already and I'm so curious if my gut feeling is right again.

I can't wait for the next instalment, as we are - again! Again! - left on a cliff-hanger, with Charlie facing many decisions. Cressida McLaughlin has such a great way with words, and I adored this lovely, warm and welcoming story. Recommended!
A lovely summery read, light and humerous with great charcters and good humour.  Lovely front cover too.  Thank you for the chance to review.
Charlie is more settled into her Cornish life, The cream tea bus is proving a popular attraction, and Charlie wants the village to realise its full potential Her latest foody idea is received with mixed emotions, but does introduce the prospect of romance into her life, but is she ready for it?

The characters are complex and realistic, the possibility of a love triangle is suggested in ‘The Eclair affair, and Charlie meets another of Porthgolow’s residents, who has a surprising if reticent insight into to Daniel’s motivations. There is also the hint of someone messing with Charlie’s plans, but who, and the motivation for this, are still a mystery.

An absorbing, quick read, which leaves you wanting more. Set in a delightfully quirky Cornish coastal village.

I received a copy of this book from Harper Collins UK - Harper Fiction via NetGalley in return for an honest review.