Cover Image: Unscripted

Unscripted

I really could not get into this book. I really wanted to like it but I just couldn’t. Libby wants to be an author and decided to write a book about the actor Thomas that she’s obsessed with it. I just felt like she was so unlikeabke and immature. The parts based on her made me cringe.
Maybe thats what Handscombe wanted to do with the character, but for me it made it impossible to get through the book.
Unscripted is a little different from what I normally read. The story is charming but unrealistic. I guess I'm a negative person because I don't believe dreams come true. I wish the story had been based more in reality. I found it entertaining and the characters were likeable. Just too fake for me. Thanks to NetGalley for an arc in exchange for an honest review.
Riveting.  I stayed up far too late last night finishing this book.

I was recommended this title because I enjoyed Juliet, Naked and One Day, and I am so glad I read it and agree with the recommendation.  Although I had some ideas on how the book might resolve, I was pleasantly surprised with the character development that took place.  All of the characters were full faceted, and friendships were realistic.

Thank you to NetGalley and Unbound for an advanced copy of this book for review.