When Polly Met Olly

Pub Date:   |   Archive Date: Not set

I love stories about dating agencies, as they're usually a lot of fun. This one certainly is, as it depicts the rivalry between two companies and their differing methods of matchmaking.

Polly is feisty but lost professionally. Ollie is successful but cold. And of course, neither of them have had much luck in love. But all that changes when the two pretend to be other people...
Hopeful yet struggling photographer Polly is desperately in need of a job that pays. She’s tired of doing work for free – spending more time and aggravation, not to mention her skills, with little to show for it.  To that end, she answered an advert for a matchmaking service – and soon finds herself working to find, connect with, and set up the men who have paid for the service.  Her boss has this true desire to help people find love, but it means that his agency is often ‘second best’ to the highly publicized competitor run by the designer clad gem of the press, Olly.

To see what makes the agency so different (and purportedly better) Polly pretends to be interested in the services, and while she finds that Olly is everything she could want (and never aspire to) in a man, their ‘by the numbers’ approach to matchmaking doesn’t account for attration, or even lead the client to feel good. Sure, the agency she’s with may not have the publicity, but the personal touch and warmth they provide is worth more.

This was adorable: from Polly and her roommate – a part time drag queen when he puts away his corporate gig, to her boss, and even the clients and matches. Polly’s actual romantic streak comes through strongly, and her talents with portrait work, may be the key to her using her photography degree. With a dash of humor, a bit of communication with a possible match for a client, and a lovely party that has everyone surprised, the story is truly a balm for the romantic hidden deep within all of us. A clever read that balances the angst with heart, and watches dreams and cupids running amok, the story is the perfect escape read when you want to be left smiling for hours.

I received an eArc copy of the title from the publisher via NetGalley for purpose of honest review. I was not compensated for this review: all conclusions are my own responsibility.

Review first appeared at   I am, Indeed
The title is fun and put a smile on my face straight away. It was the first thing that attracted me to the booK.

The title is not the only humourous thing. The author has sprinkled the story with some funny bits but the main focus is on romance.

Everybody is keen on finding the 'one' and we have ticked boxes on a (mental) list with how we want our ideal partner to look, but looks are not everything! Maybe we should delve deeper and extend our list with things we want or don't want our ideal partner to have or do.  Not very romantic though, is it, but it might keep heartbreak at bay.

Anyway when you (finally) meet your better half it can be quite an eye opener and love can make you make a u-turn. No matter how many people might think you are not suited, the only thing that matters is how you feel about each other.

A fun read and remember there's a lid for every pot. 4 stars.

Thank you, Zoe May and Rachel's Random Resources.
What a delightful book!! Such a sweet love story of two imperfect people making a go of it with each other. A very very good book!
I found “When Polly Met Olly” to be the a cute book. To me, this book was what you’d think of when you thought rom com. Polly has been down on her luck with dating for quite sometime. Taking a job as a matchmaker is surprising to not only her friend, Gabe but to Polly herself. The book was lacking in a few things: the ending with Alicia was a little bit of a cop out and I left that Gabe and Scarleet just kinda fell off the face of earth.  But all in all, it’s a book that I would recommend.

*This book was sent in exchange for an honest review via NetGalley*
Parts of this book I really enjoyed, and then other parts just seemed a bit pointless and unbelievable.
Love love love

Polly is a photographer who dreams of hitting it big. Things aren’t working out at the moment though so she applies for a job at a high class New York dating agency and starts to work with Oreo addict Derek, her new boss

Derek sends Polly undercover as a mystery shopper to a rival agency to see what they have and he doesn’t. Polly gets interviewed by Olly, the owner of the dating agency and a cool fashionable guy, adored by those around him (think half a million Instagram followers)

They have an instant connection but can’t admit it to themselves, they are business rivals!

They end up messaging each other on behalf of their clients, neither realising who they are messaging and form a strong bond which makes them want to meet the client who they are messaging. When they find out can they form a relationship? Can they trust each other and open up?

I really enjoyed this book and found myself really routing for Polly to realise her dreams and becoming the person she could be instead of just being

I think I would have liked to see more from Olly's point of view as that would have been really interesting and I really really want to know what happens next!

I would recommend this book to those who dream of love and enjoy the twists of a good story with people trying to follow their dreams and be who they can be
This book was very cute and adorable :)

It was beautifully written, heart-warming story, perfect to take with you on a vacation or snuggle with it in cosy blanket in your bed.

I immediately fell in love with the characters and the writing and reading this book made my day brighter and better.
#BookBlog #BookReview #WhenPollyMetOlly #ZoeMay #Netgalley
I received this book through netgalley
My Rating: ♥♥♥♥/5
Pages: 269
Blurb:
Polly and Olly were never supposed to meet…
Polly might spend her days searching for eligible matches for her elite list of clients at her New York dating agency, but her own love life is starting to go up in smoke.
Even worse, she can’t stop thinking about the very person she’s meant to be setting her latest client up with… surely it can’t get any worse!
But then Polly bumps into oh-so-handsome Olly, who heads up a rival agency, and realizes that perhaps all really is fair in love and dating war…
My Thoughts:
Some times I find myself reading a book I wouldn’t have normally picked up, this is one of those books. I’m not big on romance books I mainly stick to Young Adult fantasy kind of books. However I’m glad that when I saw this on netgalley I decided to give it a go.
I absolutely fell in love with Polly early on and although she sometimes annoyed me I found myself being reeled back in again.
I quickly found myself immersed in Polly’s world, her relationship with her Roommate and best friend Gabe is my favourite and only wish I myself had a gay best  who does drag on a Friday night. I love the fundamentals of their friendship.
I don’t want to get into everything I loved about this book we’ll be here forever and you’ll know the ins and outs of the book.
This is definitely going on my need to buy ASAP list. I’ll also definitely be reading more of Zoe Mays books and because of this book be giving Romantic comedy books more of a chance!
About the Author:

Zoe May lives in Oxford and writes romantic comedies. Zoe has dreamt of being a novelist since she was a teenager. She spent her twenties living in London, where she worked in journalism and copywriting before writing her debut novel, Perfect Match. Having experienced the London dating scene first hand, Zoe could not resist writing a novel about dating, since it seems to supply endless amounts of weird and wonderful material!
Perfect Match was one of Apple's top-selling books of 2018. It was also shortlisted for the Romantic Novelists' Association's Joan Hessayon Award, with judges describing it as 'a laugh out loud look at love and self-discovery - fresh and very funny'.
As well as writing, Zoe enjoys walking her dog, painting and, of course, reading! She adores animals and if she's not taking a photo of a vegan meal, she's probably tweeting about the dairy industry. She is half Greek and half Irish and can make a mean baklava. Zoe has a thing for horror films, India, swimming, hip hop and Radiohead. She has an encyclopaedic knowledge of handbags having spent several years working in fashion copywriting and could probably win Mastermind if this was her specialist subject!
Zoe loves to hear from readers, you can contact her on Twitter and Instagram at: @zoe_writes. Zoe's Facebook page is: www.facebook.com/zoemayauthor/
She posts updates and blogs on her website, www.zoemayauthor.co.uk
Polly and Olly were never supposed to meet…

I really wanted to love this book, but I couldn't. It was lacking substance and the actual main characters had so few interactions that it seems to defeat the purpose of the book, which was Polly and Olly meeting/getting together. They didn't even meet until half-way through the book!
The romance itself was pretty dead. There was no spark, no 'ooh!' moment, nothing that made this say romance like I wanted it to.
A decent contemporary story. A good relationship plot with good character dynamics but not quite enough growth/development. Would recommend.
When Polly met Olly, a quick read about a girl, trying to make her way in NYC as a photographer, To pay the bills she gets a job at a dating agency. Her new boss sends her over to the rival agency to spy- enter Olly.

I enjoyed the light-hearted-ness of this book. Nothing too crazy, little silly mishaps, but not too many dramatics.
I thought Polly's boss seemed very sweet, her BFF a little bit of a cheek, and that social influencer? Huge cow.
There are only two things that bothered me in this novel. The names Polly and Olly. On their own, completely fine. When a pair? It sounds like they are little blonde 4 year old twins in matching overalls. Not adults with a potential love match.

Was it predictable? Yes, but why else would we read these rom-com novels? It was exactly as it should have been.
2.5 stars. This story was just okay, honestly. Polly starts working for To the Moon and Back so she can have a steady paycheck while trying to get her photography business up and running. She almost immediately goes undercover to check out the competition, Elite Love Match.
While I liked the premise about two competing matchmaker agencies, it didn't turn out as expected. Something was missing from this story as a whole. This lacked passion and intensity. It was cute but that's all it was. I wanted to read more about the clients of To the Moon and Back and how they were doing with their matches. I would have read an entire book on her friend and roommate, Gabe. There were some plot lines that seemed shoe-horned in and a little clunky. Olly seemed like an okay character but I wasn't necessarily rooting for them to get together. The spark that they talked about at one point wasn't there for me either. Basically, this is a cute book that could have been done better. The execution is lacking and so are the characters.
This book had so much potential, but it fell flat. I didn't think the characters were people worth rooting for, they were just bland. I feel like there was more focus on the relationships between Polly and the other men in her orbit than there was with her and Olly. I did like the little twist with the matchmaking profiles.
I really enjoyed reading this book. Of course it is a typical romantic contemporary that is very predictable. Yet, this book was still enjoyable. There is character development throughout the book. The writing is easy to read making it easy to fly through. I was intrigued and wanted to know what was going to happen even though you know the book is about Olly and Polly and their relationship by the title alone. I did question that logic that Polly had no idea that relationships were not 100% based on two people that look compatible on paper. You would think she knew about opposites being attracted to one another.
I was completely lost in this book and read it in just under 2 days.  It's a little different to my usual reads but I kept it to read on holiday and would recommend!
Catching melodious title ,got me interested and while the story didn't start out with a bang, the tapes  kept rolling and the big picture became clear.Polly inadvertently gets a job she is not well suited for but grows into it and finds that she is loving it.She meets a handsome gentleman and begins having naughty thoughts about him only for her heart to take a sharp detour towards another less likely candidate for her affections.I liked the depth of character development  as well as their idiosyncrasies that come to light.Loved that the main characters could acknowledge their flaws but didn't allow it to stagnate their life and their happiness.Book was well done with some lighthearted moments thrown in for balance.
3.5 stars
A refreshing story about a woman who wants to start a photography Career but she needs to get a job before setting up her dreams. Polly starts working at To the Moon and Back, a matchmaker company, and without wanting she gets herself in spying on the competition which is Elite Love Match owned by Olly, a divorcee man twenty years older than her.
While the settings, the story itself was quite interesting and the secondary characters are that great that maybe deserves their own story/book, the couple didn't scream a perfect match for me, they are great people with insecurities and everything you expect but their chemistry felt a bit forced and has nothing to do with their age difference.
#WhenPollyMetOlly #NetGalley
It’s an okay book. The outline was good but then the actual story isn’t. It kind of loop around every action of Polly. It’s dragging and dull. The romance between the MCs are not that good also. I didn’t feel the spark or chemistry or something. I’m sorry it didn’t met my expectation from the great synopsis provided.

Thank you for the free e-copy provided by HQ Digital and the author itself, Zoe May via NetGalley.
First i would like to thank netgalley for providing me this copy of the wonderfull book. I enjoyed it very much. If you like light hearted romantic comedies you would love this book. It was hillarious, romantic and the hero and the heroine was equally funny and lovable characters. I loved their banter and can't get enough of it. Definately recommend you all to try this one if you are a fan of sophia kinsella and jane costello.