Till Death Do Us Part

Pub Date:   |   Archive Date: 10 Sep 2019

I started this with high expectations that I was going to read a great thriller but sorry, it isn't that! After a while I found it quite predictable and tended to skip quite a few parts. I don't understand why this guy's new wife was being the detective and think the book should have been written more from the police's perspective. Didn't really enjoy it and was quite glad to get to the predictable end. Knew who did it from the first few chapters - sorry. I am however grateful to Netgalley and One More Chapter for giving me a copy to read and review.
~ www.roxtao.com ~

This book might not be the kind of thriller that leaves you completely breathless, but the writing itself might be the best that I’ve encountered in a while. Don’t get me wrong, there’s mystery and tension and I did appreciate the scenario. I’m just saying that the way the author dug into the characters minds and relations simply eclipsed everything else. And in no way this is an issue.

What we know from the synopsis and from the first pages of the book is that on their wedding day, Ben, the groom, is taken by the police and accused of murder.

So naturally, this introduction already makes you imagine that Alice, the bride, which will start doubting her new husband as soon as she finds out the details that led to this terrible situation. This is what would happen in any good thriller, right? But if you think about it, this wouldn’t happen in real life. In reality, if you’re choosing a person to be your lifelong partner, you will trust that person to the deepest. And this was the most surprising part for me. That Stephen Edger chose to work with a more realistic version of the characters’ reactions rather than the one you’d expect from a book and that would probably increase the suspense even more. I absolutely loved the trust between the two main characters, the way they cling to each other at any given time and don’t let go easily, no matter how difficult the situations might be, no matter how many doubts and questions their minds would create. Because every new detail that shows up during the development of the investigation, every new untold truth that comes up later has a high potential of destroying their relationship. And despite that, Alice doesn’t end up giving up on Ben, she doesn’t share her fears with anybody else outside of their new family, she keeps fighting every urge to feel uncertain about him. And with all the lies that unclock day by day, that’s a really tough thing to do.

As I said earlier, the whole story is definitely gonna keep you hooked from the beginning till the explosive ending, even if it’s not really the kind of book that makes you forget to eat and sleep just to get another chapter done. The rhythm is not rushed, some chapters are slow paced, but overall, you will die of curiosity to find out what really happened. But definitely, the best and most amazing part of the book is the way the characters deal with the nightmare they woke up into.
This is the first book I have read by this author but it won’t be the last. It really kept me guessing throughout and who I thought was the killer wasn’t at all. I would have liked a little more resolution to the story as I hate a bit of an open ending and also it loses a star as some of the phrasing was a little corny at times. Thank you to Netgalley, the author and One More Chapter for an advanced copy in exchange for an honest review.
I found this book thrilling.  The choices of perpetrator were many and it i loved that it could have been anyone.

I am pleased that the characters surprised you throughout the book and felt sorry for the main characters.
Thank you Netgalley, the publisher and author for the ARC in exchange for my honest review.

The story was a little slow starting, however once it picked up I was engulfed, I had to finish the book. It went to the kitchen with me, into the car (I wasn’t the driver) so many twists and lies, such deceitfulness, and well put together.

Great read. I was contemplating at first, to go with 4 stars however, that changed about halfway through.
It should be the best day of your life. You have just married the man of your dreams. Good looking, kind and successful in business. Tomorrow you are off to a luxury honeymoon in Barbados and now all you have to do is enjoy the rest of your reception in a first class country hotel. Sounds too good to be true. Well it is as who should arrive as the wedding cake is being cut but three policemen who are here to arrest your new husband on suspicion of murder.

This is the scene depicted in established writer Stephen Edger's foray into the  ever popular world of the  psychological family crime thriller where deep secrets are about to be revealed. The premise of the wife not aware of the past history of her new husband is a device that leads itself admirably to such thrillers and this is certainly the case here. In the prologue we have a description of a murder and the identification and some background details of the victim but the perpetrator remains unidentified. Now newly married Alice takes it upon herself to investigate the  murder of Kerry Valentine  and establish the innocence or otherwise of her husband Ben.

With 62 short sharp chapters and a story line that fairly races along I got through the book in just 2 sittings such was the level of engagement. There are a number of twists and turns and a few red herrings as the reader tries to work out along with Alice who of the long list of suspects is the murderer. Did I succeed? Absolutely not. If you like a proverbial crime page turner then this is certainly worth a try.
Loved this book!! So many secrets and lies. Alice definitely didn't have the wedding or honeymoon of her dreams. There were so many twists and turns. I never knew who was telling the truth. I was not expecting the ending or who ended up being involved. How well did Alice really know Ben??? She dated him for years, but so much of his life was a mystery to her. Usually a wife wants to know if her husband has been previously arrested or married. I felt bad for Alice. Her wedding was ruined, her husband had lousy friends, her husband was found of secrets and not telling the truth and her mom was more concerned about appearances than her own daughter- just to name a few.

Definitely recommend the book. I loved everything about it- the story, characters and writing style. I look forward to reading more books by the author.

I received a complimentary copy of this book from Harper Impulse and Killer Reads through NetGalley. Opinions expressed in this review are completely my own.
This book was very slow to start with not much happening but it picked up about halfway through. When the murderer was exposed I was really shocked and thought this lifted the book from being an average mystery to a good story.
Review also posted on Goodreads and Amazon
What a page turning thriller; sure to keep you wondering who-dunnit from page one.
This book starts with a BANG.  Right off the bat a woman, Kerry, is killed by this mystery man she clearly knows; but we don't.
We are then introduced to Alice Tandy who is getting married to Ben Goodman.  What is supposed to be the most perfect day, I mean Alice has planned this day down to the minute for the last two years, ends with Ben being led away from their wedding reception in handcuffs.  What bride doesn't want her husband accused of murder on their wedding day?
Is Ben a killer? How could Alice be so blinded by her love for him she didn't see any warning signs? Is Ben being set-up for the murder? I mean his was the only DNA found on the deceased body.   Oh yeah.... also someone is leaving very cryptic messages for Alice warning her that Ben has killed before and gotten away with it... so why not this time too.
As the story unfolds your head will be left spinning trying to figure out who killed Kerry.  I swear every other chapter my thought was "OOOHHH yeah this is for sure the creep" Ha nope.
Stephen Edger proved to be a fantastic writer who keeps us readers on the edge until the very end.
Alice has her dream wedding to her perfect man but it is all shattered when Ben is arrested for murder.  To be honest I found the story too far fetched and unbelievable, but I did read it all the way through and quite enjoyed it.
I couldn't get into this book, even after trying several times. It just not grab nor hold my attention. I don't know what happened past the wedding because I didn't read that far into it. Nothing made me feel like continue reading it.
This was the first Stephen Edger book I have read, but it won't be the last!

"Till Death Do Us Part" begins with the wedding of Alice and Ben. It should have been their dream day, but just as they're about to cut the cake, three policemen storm in to arrest Ben on suspicion of murder...as more details emerge about the murder of Kerry Valentine - a dancer from Ben's stag party - Alice becomes increasingly confused about who she can trust. Not only does she no longer trust her new husband, sh's not even sure she ever really knew him.

This is a well paced thriller full of twists and turns. I liked the fact that the story followed not only the investigatory element of the murder but also the personal drama as it unfolded. I read this book in two sittings as I couldn't put it down, and will definitely be purchasing more from this author.

NOTE: I was provided with a free ARC copy of this book by NetGalley in exchange for an honest review. All opinions are my own.
This was the ultimate wedding gift that someone gave to a pair of nearly-weds and I loved the crazy idea!
This book turns from a perfect-placed, dream-like wedding into the nightmare of Alice's life. The plot twist is expected, but the aftermath is so great and gripping!
Do you really know your husband: Till Death Do Us Part raises the age old premise. I was given a free copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

My thoughts on this boom are kind of all over the place. It started out strong and kind of got a bit nuts and even silly at times.

I was hoping for more of a kick from the ending. It sounds horrible but I wanted Ben to be guilty (sorry for few spoilers) !

Overall I do give this book a solid 3.5 stars ⭐️ ⭐️⭐️💫 for its entertainment and overall very good writing. I just wish it went a bit deeper!

For a quick thrill read - this book does do the trick. I did enjoy it.

Thanks to NetGalley as always as well as the publisher and author! All opinions are as always my own:
Thank you netgalley for providing this ARC in exchange for an honest review.
As far as murder mysteries this was decent in the sense that it keeps you flipping pages and guessing who the killer is. Unfortunately, I wasn't crazy about how things unraveled. The author made it difficult for the reader to uncover the true events. Too many characters with their own spin of how things happened and you felt like you couldn't trust anyone. The only account that I thought had merit was the initial telling from the dead stripper herself. But the ending reveals a killer whose story does not match those intiial events. I was left confused and still uncertain of the true killer.
A wedding that is definitely not about living happily ever after.  With her new husband arrested for murder before they have left the church,  a dream quickly becomes a nightmare.  Confusion reigns until the new bride decides it is up to her to figure out what is going on and did she just marry someone she does not really know.  The story takes our bride into many places she would rather not go, but she sticks with it until the ending sneaks up on us.  Great story line that made a great read.
Really enjoyed this book. It kept me interested all the way through. I would definitely recommend to a fellow reader. I like the cover as well.
Wowzer!! Thank you to netgalley for giving me the opportunity to read this  book in exchange for an honest opinion. This book started off at a fast pace and stayed there. I read this book in one day. This book had everything that it took to keep my attention. Once you start reading you won’t want to do anything else. This book will reel you all the way in. This book was everything that I expected and much more. I definitely recommend this book!  My rating is 5 stars.
This was my first book by this author, and not the last. A great little thriller, rich on details to get to know the situation and the characters. Entertaining read for sure. It starts with the wedding of Alice and Ben, a thoughtfully planned day by Alice that ended with a surprise.....
Thanks to the publisher and Netgalley for providing a copy!
A great book!! Easy to read and follow along in the story! A new author for me but enjoyed it very much!! i highly recommend this book and cant wait  to read more.