Finding Grace

Pub Date:   |   Archive Date: 22 Feb 2019

I always look forward to a new read from KL Slater and I wasn't disappointed. I was gripped from the very start and the twists and turns kept me guessing. The ending was a surprise! Can't wait for the next book as I'm never let down by the writing style and am always in suspense with the author's novels. Highly recommended!
K.L Slater never disappoints. I never have a hard time getting into these thrillers because they are so good. What first drew me to this read is the cover. The woman in it looks so lost that I had to know more about what it was all about. A missing child is a common premise in a lot of thriller books, and I've read a lot of them. Here again we have a little nine-year-old girl who simply vanished almost in front of watchful adult eyes. This is where things get very interesting. Grace is given permission to take a four-minute walk home. An innocent decision that turns into a nightmare when the little girl never makes it back home. The theme of a missing child has been done before a lot but what sets Finding Grace apart from the rest is the engaging writing style and the clever plot twists. The story pulls you right in and simply does not let go. What I loved is You get drawn into the story of Lucie's search for her daughter and the ever-changing suspects. I loved how the author created a series of possible suspects, right from the start. Every time you think you have cracked the mystery; another twist changes the course of the story. While I was able to figure out part of the story there are still parts of the story that will keep you guessing.  I want to thank Netgalley and the author for my arc of this novel and apologize for my delayed review. While I finished this book in a day in February, I have had a hard time getting reviews done this year. I have no excuse other then just life happens. It doesn’t detract from what a good story this was.
Unfortunately I had a hard time reading and actually finishing this book . I found it to be long winded and actually boring. I hate giving bad reviews but I read a lot of thrillers and this just wasn't a thrill to read for me.
I loved this book.
I was hooked right from the beginning.
It was easy to read & understand, no thesaurus needed & I love that.
I will definatly be reading more by this author
On the morning of her ninth birthday Grace’s parents decide to allow her to walk the 4 minute walk from her friend Olivia’s house on her own. Unknow to Grace though she will be secretly watched over by both of the girls fathers. Unfortunately the unthinkable happens when one of the fathers takes his eyes off Grace for a split second and she disappears.  Then Lucie receives a message that demands her to face her past if she ever wants to see Grace alive again!!!!
Finding Grace is a fast paces enthralling read from beginning to end in the in inimitable style I’ve come to know and love from K.L Slater!

Thank you very much to NetGalley, Bookouture and K.L Slater the arc of Finding Grace my review is honest and unbiased.
This was a really thrilling story, with twists and turns.  Lucie's past comes back to haunt her in the most frightening way for a parent.  True page-turner!!
Fantastic read - I could not put this down, and read it in one sitting!  Every parents nightmare is a missing child, but how did this happen, and more importantly...why!  Who are the parents, really and what are they hiding!
Lucie and Blake Sullivan allow their 9 year old daughter Grace to make the short  walk back home from her best friend's house against their better judgement. But their worst nightmare comes true when Grace does not  make it home, and despite the cops best efforts she is nowhere to be found.Soon secrets come spilling out some old , some new and a few of them might be deadly.

Finding Grace by K.L .Slater novel is a fast paced , psychological thriller with great characters and a story that builds up to a twisted ending that I didn't see coming
Another great read by K.L.Slater that I would highly recommend to psychological mystery lovers

I would like to thank Bookouture & NetGalley for providing an ARC of this book in exchange for my honest and fair review.
Another killer read from a very talented author!!
This book was a chilling read, starting with a little girl going missing and the whole investigation of finding her.  There was twists and surprises all the way through, and I didn't see the ending coming!
Recommended.
Thanks to the publisher, author, and Netgalley for a copy of the ARC.

I really don't like giving in kind of negativity in reviews because there is a reader out there for every book. I think some readers will love this one. For me, it's pretty much a basic thriller. It feels like there are so many similar storylines out there. It's a bit frustrating for lovers of this genre.
Another excellent thriller from KL Slater. The story shifts seamlessly between past and present and is impossible to put down. Twisty thriller that will keep you hooked until the last page.
Such a good book. Couldn’t put it down. Very intense all the way through it. You just didn’t know if what you were reading at anytime was the truth. Well done
K.L.Slater seems to have a way that involves the reader quickly compelling you to read on! This story is mostly told from Lucie’s POV and tells of the tragic circumstances of her daughter’s disappearance. Her emotions, as you would expect, are raw and the description makes the reader empathise uncomfortably. I felt like I lived the situation with the family!
As the story unfolds, you find out what has happened in the past to make these people who they are today. Lucie’s story gradually fills in her brief spell at University and the influences on her life now. Again, situations that could easily happen to any youngsters.
I was delighted that the ending tied up all my queries, after several twists and turns. An easy, but gripping read. The 5 stars are because I was held from the first page and wanting to read on.
Another gripping psychological thriller from K L Slater.
A scary topic and a real page turner.
Great book
I was expecting great things from this novel and that is exactly what I got! Although I have not read any of K L Slater’s books I have several on my reading list, including ‘The Visitor’ and ‘Safe With Me.’

In “Finding Grace”, Lucie is facing every mother’s worst nightmare - her little girl, Grace, has vanished.

Although the premise of this thriller isn’t new by any means, right from the start, I was absorbed by this story. It was chock-full of so many lies and secrets. I really liked K L Slater’s style of writing and the unpredictability of the story-line. The author’s great characterisation is worth mentioning and I also particularly enjoyed the different timelines.

Reading this suspenseful thriller was quite the twisty roller-coaster ride and K L Slater’s clever writing had me mistrusting of so many of the suspects.

I loved the parts of the book that were concerned with Lucie’s past history and was pleased with the way in which the story-lines connected through to the stunning and fulfilling conclusion.

All in all, I found this book to be a worthwhile read and I look forward to reading more from K L Slater, including those books I already own! I would recommend “Finding Grace” to anyone who likes a good psychological thriller.

Thanks to Netgalley, Bookouture and the author, K L Slater for my free ARC of Finding Grace. My honest review is entirely voluntary.

#FindingGrace #NetGalley
A wonderful novel.  There is seldom a novel by this author that I haven't liked.  This one was an easy and fun read.
OMG what a book!
This book struck a chord with me straight away. My eldest is nearly 9 and desperate for more independence including walking to and from his best friend’s house nearby, and we have also discussed him walking to my parents’ which is 2 roads away. I immediately identified with the main character Lucie whose daughter wants to walk home alone.
In this book, nine year old Grace is allowed to walk home for the first time ever. Her parents have agreed with the best friend’s parents that they will watch secretly to the corner at which point Blake, the dad, will watch her. But Blake gets distracted by his phone then slips over…
In that split second, Grace disappears.
Her mother Lucie is quite obviously frantic and the police are called immediately but their investigation leads to shocking revelations about more than one family member. Can Lucie trust her frinds or even her own husband…?
Events from Lucie’s past are gradually revealed through the book and we discover secrets which she thought had been hidden forever. Again I felt a real connection with Lucie as I recalled my own university days: the worry of meeting new people, homesickness, the self discipline of organising your own studies.
This is a fast paced intriguing read which is well written and emotive. We follow Lucie as she struggles to cope with the disappearance of Grace. We see and feel the pain and worry she suffers in the present day, whilst the events of the past are revealed in flashbacks. There are also other viewpoints shared with the reader and these serve to give a more broad understanding of events and show other secrets.
To be totally honest, I thought the ending was slightly OTT and therefore not very believable. However, this did not spoil my enjoyment of the book at all. The rest of the book was absolutely superb and I would have no hesitation in recommending it!
A thriller/ mystery that builds the tension from page one and will keep you guessing which parent to believe.  How can they find their daughter if the rescue is based on their lies.  WOW!
Thankyou to NetGalley, Bookouture and the author, K.L Slater, for the opportunity to read a digital copy of Finding Grace in exchange for an honest and unbiased opinion.
I thought the storyline was well thought out and written. The characters were well drawn and compelling. I was hooked from the start.
Well worth a read
A missing child. Stricken parents. What’s happening here? Well you’re reading a really exciting and well written and original book. I gave it 4/5 on goodreads.