Finding Grace

Pub Date:   |   Archive Date: 22 Feb 2019

I have always enjoyed reading books by K L Slater and Finding Grace was yet another excellent psychological thriller by the author.
You are never quite sure if Grace will be found alive or if she will be in a diabetic coma, because of lack of insulin. Again Jeffrey, the neighbour plays an integral part in the storyline, but is he the kidnapper or is he the hero? There are plots within plots, twists and turns that you don’t predict and throughout it is about Finding Grace.
Recommended
With thanks to the publishers and Netgalley for the ARC, which I enjoyed reading and reviewing.
An excellent read for fans of psychological thrillers or crime books - a gripping story, engaging characters and it was well-written. I would highly recommend!
A very good read .. well worth reading !!! Great plot & characters!!! Looking forward to the next book 😉
Thanks to Netgalley and Bookouture for providing this ARC in exchange for an honest review.

I thought this book started out a little slow, but redeemed itself later. 9 year old Grace disappears while walking from her friend's house to her house, which shouldn't have happened, because the friend's dad should have been able to see her until the point where her own father could see her. But her father slipped while reading a text Grace didn't appear. We know Lucie, the mother, is hiding something from the past. I thought the first half was just a lot of crying and lamenting that Grace was gone with a little bit of potentially suspicious behavior from multiple characters so there are a lot of possible suspects. I thought the book improved in the second half as we found out more about Lucie's past. The reasons for Grace's abduction were a surprise so that redeemed the book for me.
Excellent! I thoroughly enjoyed this book. I kept reading and reading to find out why it was a psychological thriller as it seemed like a run of the mill abduction story. But boy oh boy. When I got to that part, I was like, what, wait, how did that just happen. The ending I did not pick at all apart from hoping they would find Grace. The relationships with Blake and Lucie, and Bev and Mike kept me wanting more. The creepy neighbour Jeffery  was a good angle which I wished the ending was different for that character as I would have liked to see him pop up in other books (sorry, spoiler alert!). Mrs Charterhouse, well that was a great twist too and so surprising. Stefan, and Rhonda, you just know something is not quite right but I could not fully pick that twist. Overall a great read and I have signed up to be notified of future releases for K.L. Slater as I enjoyed this book a lot. Thanks to NetGalley, K.L. Slater and Bookouture for providing this wonderful book to read so I could write my review.
First of all I have never not liked any of K L Slaters books so I knew I wouldn't be disappointed . It was mind blowing, full of secrets, lies, twists, I couldn't put it down I wanted to know what was going on all the time !!.
Finding Grace was yet another great book by K L Stater, a nine year old walks home from her friends house, a five minute walk but she does not arrive home. A fab read that had me hooked from the first few lines.
This book is by one of my favourite authors who never ever disappoints. Fast paced throughout, more twists and turns than a rollercoaster ride. Very highly recommended book for any fan of this genre.
Love KL Slater's books! This is another absolute cracker!  One twist after another kept being fired at the reader.  Totally gripping!
K.L. Slater writes amazing stories. At first I thought this was going to be like every other thriller out there right now, but boy I was wrong. It was fast paced and grabbed me from the start.
I’m a huge fan of Slater’s work and this one didn’t disappoint .
I’m a little tired of the missing child thriller but Slater crafted this one that draws you in to this families nightmare.
Good fast paced thriller
Thanks to Netgalley and the publisher for letting me review this book
This is the first book I have read by K.L. Slater and I was not disappointed! It was fast paced and I couldn’t read it fast enough to find out what happened next. The twist at the end was crazy! I can’t believe Stefan was dead and that his sister (Rhonda) and mouse girl (Angela) we’re behind the kidnapping! I would have never guessed. It became obvious at one point that Stefan did this, he had to of right? That’s what the author made me think pretty much from the halfway point in the book. Well I was quite surprised to find out he really was dead but he in a way was definitely behind it all. He just wasn’t physically there to carry the plan out.
The book left me guessing constantly. Everyone was a suspect to me. I loved this because I never really had a full theory in my mind on what happened and I definitely didn’t see this ending coming. Well done K.L. Slater!!
Perfect psychological thriller!  It moved at a fast pace with twists and turns throughout!  I couldn’t put it down!  Highly recommend!
Another fantastic read by K.L. Slater. Lucie and Blake Sullivan are a very normal, regular coupe with two kids. Their daughter, Grace, is just about to turn nine and is pushing to have a little more freedom. Grace's best friend lives close by just down the road and finally, Lucie and Blake give in, letting her walk home from her friend's house. Blake is partway down the road watching for Grace but slips on moss and hurts his ankle. He comes hobbling home to Lucie who immediately asks where Grace is. But Grace is nowhere to be found. As secrets unfold and the reader does not know who is reliable and who is not, it feels like time is running out. Where is Grace and could it have to do with something that happened in Lucie's past? This book is completely gripping and will not let you put it down until you find out what happened to Grace.

Thank you to Netgalley, K.L. Slater, and Bookouture for my ARC in exchange for an honest review.
I love K L Slater and this didn’t disappoint .it had its fair share of twists and turns and I really enjoyed the past/present part! The end got a bit silly for me - but not enough to put me off!
Solid 4 stars
I needed to get to the end of this book quickly to find out if someone would find Grace or not. While the subject is often difficult to want to follow, this treatment of a child, possibly kidnapped, focuses more on the parents and their friends and what might have led up to the disappearance.
The twists and turns and recollections from decades before making it difficult for the reader to guess where it will go. What happened long ago in the past reflects upon what's happening now and is the bag left behind a big clue or a red herring - and there are a few of those!
I thoroughly enjoyed reading this book and will look for this writer's other novels. The outcome was far different from what I imagined. This doesn't give you any clues, but I hope it helps you to choose to read this great work by a master writer. never again will you let a nine-year-old go out of sight for twenty yards while you answer your phone. The main character has every right to dislike her mother-in-law and that's not a clue either.
FINDING GRACE

BY K.L. SLATER

BOOKOUTURE

MYSTERY & THRILLERS

PUB DATE 14 FEB 2019

I am reviewing a copy of Finding Grace through Bookoture:

Earlier this morning my daughter sat there eating breakfast, now she is missing.

Lucie and Blake Sullivan agree to let their daughter make the four minute walk home from her friends house alone for the first time the day after her ninth birthday.

They even even joke with friends about hisubd behind bushes to make sure their daughter is safe.  But when Grace does not make it home the joke becomes sour.

Everyone does their best to find Grace from the police to the local community but it seems she has vanished into thin air.  Hope is fading fast, making Luci realize her husband is the only one she can truly count on during these dark times.  But one day she finds something hidden in Blake’s making her question everything she knew about the man she married.

But Blake is not the only one hiding a secret Lucie is hiding one as well, one she had not even told Blake her secret.

I found the Characters in Finding Grace to come alive on the Pages, allowing us to feel what it was like to have a little girl go missing.  Finding Grace kept me in suspense throughout!

Five out of five stars!

Happy Reading!
Grace is nine years old. As far as she is concerned she is old enough to walk home from her friend's house down the road on her own. Her parents are not keen on the idea- particularly Lucie, her mother. Eventually it is agreed that she can walk home alone after a trip to Alton Towers. Her friend's Dad phoned to say she'd left & watched her up to the bend in the road & her Dad will be watching from behind their hedge. Due to a couple of unfortunate events she is briefly out of sight & in that short time she disappears without trace.

K.L. Slater keeps the reader hooked to the page. The parents' anguish & the cruel comments of others really made me feel for them. The story had many more strands than the simple disappearance & they were all woven together to make a great five star read. Thank to Netgalley & the publisher for letting me read & review this book.
What an intense read! Addictive read, and one I did not want to put down.
Another great book by K.L Slater!
I am a great fan of this author and it’s aleays nice to start a new book
I love this authors writing style and how she always manages to deliver tension and suspense.
This book was fast paced and I loved the twist at the end