Finding Grace

Pub Date:   |   Archive Date: 22 Feb 2019

This book by Slater just wasn’t for me. I had tried on a couple occasions to get into it, but never could get immersed.  If I do at a later time, I will update.
Will let Chapter Chatter Pub know about it’s release.
I was provided with a complimentary copy of this book so I could give an honest review.

At what age do you allow your child to walk home from a friend's house alone? It is an argument many couples have had for decades. In Finding Grace by K.L. Slater, Lucie and Blake Sullivan agree to allow Gracie to walk home from her friend's house the day after her ninth birthday. What Gracie does not know is both sets of parents have agreed to watch her walk halfway. What could go wrong? It is a 5 minute walk, on the same street, and without her knowing, Gracie would be watched the whole time. Except Gracie never arrives home.

K.L. Slater writes about a fear parents are constantly worried about. Everyone has a past. Many of those prior events are ones we would like to keep hidden. She shows that every couple has secrets from each other and from the rest of the world.

She is able to reveal the main characters' secrets in a way that I continued rooting for all of them to come out this alright.

Her novel is fast paced and difficult to put down. This is the 1st novel of hers I have read and have added her to my "author to read" list.

Review published on Philomathinphila.com, Smashbomb, Goodreads, Twitter, Facebook, Amazon, and Barnes and Noble on 2/24/19.
I was intrigued with some of this book but disappointed with the ending I have enjoyed all the authors previous books but this one didn’t grip me
I enjoy books by this author and this one does not disappoint! A 9 year old girl goes missing when she walks home from her friends. A horrific scenario for any parent, but these parents have secrets. This book keeps giving clues, but at no stage did I predict the baddies. An excellent mystery that kept me hooked and reading speedily. I will keep a lookout for other books by this author. Thanks.
Wow, wow, wow, what another ripper story from one of the Queens of psychological suspense, K.L. Slater!  I was done in 2 sitting, it was absolutely unputdownable.
K.L Salter has done it again.
Written a fabulous book which is full of thrills and unpredictability. Based around a missing 9 year old girl but there is so much more to the story.
It delivers on being a great psychological thriller
Great read
Thoroughly enjoyable read. I am a fan of k.L Slater so was excited to be given the chance to read it.

Great writing style and fab storyline!

Starts of really good, hooked within the first few pages, that is what i need and like, i want a book that grabs me and holds me tight ready for a roller coaster. my only disappointment really was the section with little Graces friend Olivia, i kind of was expecting a big gasp/new plot etc a twist but it just never really took off, i kept waiting but it didn't really amount to anything substantial not really.

But either way it did not detract from the book, still enjoyed it immensely and again will be looking forward to more of Slaters writing!

5 worthy stars!
With thanks to Netgalley and Bookoutre for this ARC in exchange for an open and honest review.

First!y, I would like to congratulate Kim Slater for completing her eighth book .  I have read seven of her books and she has become a go to author to me.   When I heard Finding Grace was due to be released I was confident enough to request the book without checking the synopsis.

Lucie Sullivan was married to Blake, an up and coming county councillor..  They had two children 9 year old Grace and baby Oscar.  The day after Grace`s ninth birthday she went to Alton Towers with her friend Olivia who lived on the same road.  Lucie and Blake were friends with Olivia`s parents Mike and Bev.   After a lot of pestering Lucie reluctantly agreed to let Grace walk the four minutes back to their house alone.    Mike agreed to secretly watch Grace from his house,  until she reached the bend in the road where Blake would take over.

On they way home Grace reached the bend in the road unharmed.  Unfortunately Blake fell on some mud in the garden and didn't see Grace turn the corner.

Lucie blamed herself for letting Grace walk home alone.    Shortly after Grace went missing Lucie noticed that Blake, Bev and Mike were hiding something from her.  First she caught Bev and Mike having a violent argument, then she found a substantial amount of money in Blake`s office.

The story was told from Lucie`s POV and Grace`s best friend Olivia. The plot featured flashbacks from 16 years earlier when Lucie had started university.

The book was fast paced with red herrings galore. As the search for Grace continued I could feel.Lucie`s dispair.    I enjoyed the second part of the story when the reader discovered why Lucie left university in her first year.    The big twist at the end was brilliant, I did not see it coming.

This was another triumph from Kim Slater, I highly recommend all her books.
This is my first novel by K.L. Slater, so many of her titles look amazing so I was thrilled when I got the opportunity to read, Finding Grace. This book had a phenomenal start and had me racing through the pages but then....the ride slowed down and I was wanting to get off the carousel after too many spins. There was a part involving Grace’s best friend, Olivia, that to me, fell totally flat after it seemed like such an important bit of knowledge. This was a good read but not great. I will definitely give one of K.L. Slater’s earlier reads a try, Blink or The Secret?

Thank you NetGalley and Bookouture  for an eARC of, Finding Grace, in exchange for my honest review.
I had read K L Slater in the past so was over the moon to be chosen to read and review Finding Grace.
I have read a few missing children books over the past few months so had high expectations for this book.
Lucie and Blake’s daughter Grace has been pestering them for a while to allow her to walk home alone from her friends house along the road, but just around a bend. They decide to allow her to do so, knowing that the friend’s parents will watch her to the bend once they have called to say she is on her way - then Lucie and Blake can watch her the rest of the way from their garden.
Things don’t go according to plan and Grace goes missing. The police become involved, family, friends and neighbours  become suspects and Lucie’s past comes back to haunt her. A grandad with a secret, an interfering grandmother and residents unhappy with Blake’s performance at work add to the mix.
I really enjoyed the book, but found myself comparing it to K.L. Slaters other work and to the other missing children books I have read and found myself a teeny bit disappointed . Still a decent read overall.
Bit slow to start, keep going though as this is a brilliant book, loads of twists and turns, I kept thinking one more chapter and then I'll sleep, didn't happen though, kept me up all night, well worth the sleepless night though.
I received a free e-copy of Finding Grace by K.L. Slater from NetGalley for my honest review.

Lucie and Blake Sullivan have two children.  Grace, who is nine years old and Oscar who is just a baby.

Grace, just returned from an outing with her friend, Olivia, and her parents.  Grace has decided that since she is nine years old, she should be allowed to walk home by herself.  It is only a five minute walk home.  They decide to let Grace walk home but they are going to watch her to make sure she is safe.  What could go wrong?  A quick glance at the phone and Grace never comes around the bend.  She has vanished.

They call the police and a search is started.   Night falls, but still no sign of Grace.  Her parents are so worried and to make things worse, Grace is a diabetic.

Lucie, who is a nervous person all the time is worried but is also wondering if something from her past (16 years ago) is coming back to haunt her.

The story switches from past to present.  From Lucie’s college days to the present time.  What happened 16 years ago?  Will Grace ever be found?

So many twists, so many secrets, but the past can't stay the past forever.
Lucie and Blake are the parents of 9 year old Grace.  Under pressure from Grace they allow her to walk home on her own from her best friend Olivia’s house, just a five minute walk, what possible harm could she come to, but between the two houses Grace disappears.  This story is every parents’ nightmare.  As the search for Grace begins, lots of lies and secrets from family and friends are slowly revealed.  Lucie’s secret is from 16 years ago when she was at university and the story flips back to then and the present.  This is a gripping psychological thriller that will have you completely hooked, living every minute of the nightmare of finding Grace.  There are some twisted and devious characters in the book and plenty of twists and turns and unexpected outcomes.  This book has so much suspense and tension that it had me reading until the early hours of the morning.  A must read, highly recommended !
Thanks to NetGalley and Bookouture for giving me the opportunity to read and review this book.
This is a book that will grab your attention from the very first sentence until the last. I am a huge fan of K.L. Slater and every book that I have read is as good as the one before. Absolutely rush to pick this winner of a book and prepare to loose yourself in the story. Already looking forward to the next one. Happy reading!
This book has many twists in the plot.  Slater will keep you guessing until the very end!  This wasn't my first book by Slater & it surely won't be the last!

Lucie & Blake, let their newly nine year old daughter, Grace, walk home from a friend's house for the first time.  Her friend lived just down the street, so they agreed both sets of parents would watch her until she reached home.  After a set of unfortunate incidents, Grace disappears on her way home. Lucie begins questioning & doubting everything & everyone during the investigation, even her husband, best friends & neighbors.  Will they find Grace, who is a diabetic, before it's too late?

Definitely a page-turner & worth the read!!
Finding Grace is about a nine year old girl that goes missing. It takes less than five minutes for Grace to walk home from her best friends house. And in that  time she disappears. Her mom has flashbacks of her time in college and and if the things she did has anything to do with Grace being gone.                               I enjoyed the book very much. I've never read this author before but I will read .more by her in the future. The ending has a little surprise twist  to it.             I want to thank netgalley  for the opportunity to read this book for a honest review.
5 Stars

Thank you to NetGalley, K.L. Slater and Bookouture for letting me read this amazing book.

I loved Blink and have the other books by this author still on my to read shelf, so I'm really looking forward to reading them.

This book is an amazing read and full of twists and turns that I was not expecting. A real page turned that I would highly recommend.

Well done K.L.Slater for gaining another fan and giving us an amazing psychological thriller that had me booked and feeling slightly scared at times.
Really enjoyed Finding Grace.  In my opinion it stood out from other novels with similar storylines because it really hinted that it was “this person” or “that person is lying” And you’d think that you knew who took Grace and then keep reading and something else would change your mind.  I loved the present and past story lines as well.
Thank you Netgalley for the opportunity to preview this ARC of Finding Grace by K.L. Slater.

Lucie and Blake are taking a big leap of faith as parents by allowing their 9 year old daughter, Grace, to walk home alone from a friend's house alone.  However, what should have been a quick five minutes, quickly turns into a nightmare as Grace never comes home, despite being watched by her parents, and her friend's parents.

As the investigation ensues, Lucie doesn't know who to trust.  Are her neighbors who they really seem?  Does her politically active husband have things to hide?  Or have old demons from her college days returned to haunt her.  Regardless of what it is, her diabetic daughter needs to be found.

I did enjoy unraveling this one, but ultimately I found the writing weak, or to be fair, weaker than I have read in stories like this.  The ending in particular fell really flat.
Finding Grace is the eighth psychological thriller, a fast-paced psychological thriller that will reel you in, from beginning to end by best-selling author K. L. Slater. This Even though it deals with another “missing child” plot, I am amazed at the high quality of writing, that she continues to achieve. I am a fan of her writing, and have read all of her books.

Lucie and Blake Sullivan’s daughter, Grace, had been on a trip to Alton Towers, with her best friend, Olivia and her parents, Bev and Mike, as a birthday treat for turning nine years old yesterday. Grace’s parents allow, for the very first time, to let their daughter, Grace, make the four-minute walk back home alone from a friend’s house just down the street.

But no sign of Grace…she doesn’t return. Every Parent’s nightmare!

Her parents are devastated! What if someone has taken her?

The police are notified and the search begins, but to no avail.  Grace seems to have vanished into thin air.

But both Lucie and Blake have secrets they are keeping from each other. Lucie harbours a terrible secret of her own. One that she has never shared with anyone, even Blake …

Then Lucie receives a terrifying message. If she is ever to see Grace again, Lucie has no choice but to face the past she tried hard to bury forever. And she must do it alone.

This is a fast-paced plot, well-developed characters that builds to a high climax. I love the twist in the end that I didn’t see coming. Highly recommended.

Many thanks to Bookouture via NetGalley for my digital copy.