The Angriest Angel

Pub Date:   |   Archive Date: 31 Jul 2019

Sorry, this was a DNF for me at 58%. The story was interesting and the characters were engaging... but everything moved along too slowly. Than you for the reading opportunity!
Mysterious and captivating, The Angriest Angel hooked me from the beginning. The characters are well developed and they all pulled at my heartstrings. Wonderful job!
I found this book very hard to read and even harder to enjoy. The story centers around a man with a learning disability and initially with his troubles with drugs, alcohol, and crime. He is a very unsympathetic character and I kept wondering where the author was going with him. It turned out there are these aliens with psi power who are interested in him because, unlike most humans, he can resist their psi powers. The aliens are particularly badly drawn. They spontaneously spout Latin as if this is something an alien would do, Mostly they behave just like humans and have no interesting features whatsoever. The characters in this book are weak, the plot is very thin, and the world building is nonexistent. Do yourself a favor and don’t read this book.
Thank you to Netgalley and the Publisher for the opportunity to read and review this title for an honest review.

This one was just an ok book,but just did not work for me. It seemed like a just set up to sell book 2. The premise was ok but the story never grabbed me like it should have. I felt the story has no "meat" and did not give the reader the ability to do and thinking. The characters were shallow and I just could not get to the point I liked any of them. The premise is good just not well executed.
3 stars
I really enjoyed reading this book, it had what I was looking for in a mystery. I thought that the main character was well written and I thought that the story was unique and well written.
Interesting story and well written but exceedingly poorly edited.  It was actually a problem in reading what was really a unique story of living with ADHD but set in a world with embedded aliens.  Sounds strange but the story actually works and is quite interesting.  The central character is high functioning but exceedingly self destructive in almost every aspect of his life.  He is brilliant at his job predominantly because he can at times concentrate in a way normal minds can’t and he can see patterns, problems and events in a somewhat unique and different way because of his ADHD.

When he encounters aliens who appear to be human, he is unable to have them control his mind and is thus both intriguing and a potential danger to this society who has learned to control feelings such as anger and hostility.    They are highly embedded in the earth society and culture but their ability to control their anger is beginning to weaken.

I really enjoyed the premise as well as the way the problems of ADHD are discussed and explained.  Really quite an unexpected read.
I good book to read. It is about a group of aliens that have been living among us for a long time. The have a problem with anger management!! The hero of the story Chase has ADHD and is immune to the psi control that the infected aliens use so he is the best chance they have to find a cure and get their anger back under control. I found it to be a very good storyline but was disappointed it stopped so abruptly. Will have to go and read the next book in the series to find out what happens to them all. It did keep my attention all the way through the story and I will gladly buy the next. (less)
This one was alright but just didn’t work for me. It seemed like a set up for another book. The premise was ok but the story never grabbed me like it should have.
Really enjoyed this from the moment I picked this up. Great characters, unpredicable plot, and a lot of suspense.
I found this book captivating and a really easy read. The psychological implications of the psy ability of the "angels" is almost overloading to the character Chase. This book is very thought provoking. I really enjoyed it and look forward to start book 2. Thanks to everyone who helped in this excellent book.
I am not normally a fan of the sci-Fi genre.  However something about this book drew me to it.  I did enjoy it, but was disappointed because I was left hanging at the end. The characters were appealing and kept me interested.
Many thanks to Createspace and to NetGalley for providing me with a galley in exchange for my honest opinion.
This feels like it has the potential to be a great book but so much of the story is just laid out in a way that the reader doesn't have to do any thinking.  The characters seem very shallow and I can't make any connection to them.  I genuinely liked the idea the author was trying to make but it didn't quite the hit mark.
Thank you to Netgalley and the Publisher for the opportunity to read and review this title.  All opinions are my own.
he Angriest Angel

The Angriest Angel by Christopher Halt
The Angriest Angel (The Angriest Angel #1)
by Christopher Halt (Goodreads Author)
M 50x66
Lou Jacobs's review Apr 30, 2019  ·  edit
it was amazing

A wonderful entry salvo into a trilogy. Although the premise is science fiction .. the theme is much deeper and complex .... involving relationships and overcoming disabilities. The Caelens have lived amongst us undetected for over 50 years ... they look human and their philosophy on life involves trust, integrity and peace. The Caelan's are not monstrous space invaders .. they art both technologically and morally advanced. They possess a unique skill of "psying" , which enables them to tap into the electrical fields of the brain and renders the recipient highly suggestible . This skill has been used for both protection and persuasion to allow the Caelan's to hide "in plain sight"
Enter our anti-hero rogue, Chase Madison .... he is flawed and yet unique and resourceful ... a product of a dysfunctional childhood with his father abandoning the family at an early age, and then left with an abusive mother. The mother has no idea that Chase has ADHD and cannot cope or guide him. The author, Christopher Halt also carries the diagnosis of ADHD and channels this disability into the main protagonist, Chase Madison. This leads to an extremely well fleshed out character... with particularly important insights into his shortcomings as well as his unexpected skills.
Although Chase has a history of violence and mischief due to focus difficulties.... he also has an uncanny ability for problem solving .... apparently not caught up in the details, but appreciates the whole picture. Chase finds himself in jail ... arrested for attempting to sell his ADHD medicine , which he was doing to pay back his ex-wife. He finds himself in a cell next to Pete McCloth ... who tells him a fantastic yarn about a UFO hovering over a car involved in a fatal accident .. containing Angels from the Spaceship who came down and saved the other driver's life. He was able to video and take pictures which he quickly uploaded to the internet. A "so-called" lawyer arrives to meet with Pete who he engages in a somewhat sarcastic discussion. This lawyer is actually a Caelen, who in attempting to provide damage control, realizes that Chase is immune to psying.
At the same time the Caelen's are dealing with another pressing problem in their community ... an outbreak of negative emotions, leading to the previously unknown problems of jealousy and anger.
In the course of further damage control, a beautiful Caelen, Avery, is assigned to follow and contain Chase. This leads to further development of the character of Chase and his developing relationships, and an exploration into ADHD.
Thanks to NetGalley for supplying an Uncorrected Proof of this unpredictable page-turner in exchange for an honest review. This compelling narrative demands the reader to seek out further implications of the juxtapostion of Chase with the Caelen race.
I’m so happy with how much I liked this book!! I picked it up thinking I was getting a fun sci-fi but it was so much more! Basically the main character is a guy struggling with ADHD who finds out that there are aliens living among us.  These aliens are facing a crisis and with the way his mind works he might be the one person to help them overcome it. I really loved the voice of the main character, Chase. He was so sarcastic and believable and his friendship with Avery was compelling. I can’t wait to jump into book two of this trilogy. I definitely recommend this book!
The Angriest Angel is a book about aliens living among us. This is a very engrossing story that I couldn't put it down. The characters are very engaging. I really care what happens to them. There is a bad guy of course, but that only makes the story better. The biggest downfall is the book didn't end. It seemed cut off. I haven't read the next book in the series yet so I don't know if the problems get a resolution. Still a great read and look forward to the next book.
If rating novels was a question of MC reliability, this one would be instantly and easily ranked. Chase Madison - our MC - has ADHD (yay for diversity), and purportedly so does our author, which makes sense. Christoper Halt proverbially nailed the writing of this character, constructing him beautifully from angst and realism to create a multi-dimensional and complex personality. Chase is hilarious. Comprised of a sarcasm which is gently prodded by a slightly suppressed wit, he effectively masters his own coping mechanisms in order to navigate the complexities of life. In that way, Halt has contrasted the negative and positive aspects of life marvellously. | Spoilers |I guess you'd predominantly categorise this one as Sci-Fi, maybe an abstract fantasy? But, it's not singularly dimensional. It's intricate, and multi-faceted. Delicately weaving its way through technology, to lead you to an all encompassing finale moment, which has you begging for more.
Started this book and hated to put it down. Characters are well developed and the scenes are vivid. I have been looking for a something different than a  murder mystery and this one definitely fit the bill. Really enjoyed this one and can't wait for his next book.
Thank you NetGalley for allowing me to read this book for my honest opinion.
I was laughing at the thought that even members of another planet are selling their ADHD medications.
These people who have been walking among us for centuries, if not longer, do not like to show anger. Anger is a disease to them. This disease ravages their body at an alarming rate. They are peaceful people who prefer to laugh and be relaxed.
So how did anger manage to get into their lives?
I am hooked on this series. I have fallen in absolute love with the characters.
I recommend this series to any body who loves sci fi.
Chase is a handful. He's spontaneous, irritating, has no filter but if you capture his interest for a second, like a puzzle he'll take his time figuring you out.
That's precisely why I loved reading this book. In the beginning, the author provides the inspiration behind this book and I'd say he did create a character in Chase, and true ADHD is one of the most misunderstood disorders. The author's ability to fuse this with sci-fi is interesting and you'll not put this book down, well, at least I didn't.
Thank you Netgalley for the eARC, but for the love of sanity could we drop the cliffhanger? The story was getting to the good part!
I enjoyed this book enough that I've recommended it to a few colleagues who like a good read.  It's not hard reading and good enough that I raced through it when I  had a chance to read it.  Interesting characters that I hope are fleshed out more in the next two which I look forward to reading.  The plot is not that complicated that you haven't read similar before,
aliens visit earth,  get discovered and make an ally.  The author has an unusual way with words which I enjoyed and helped drag me into the story within a couple of chapters.
Definitely worth a read.