Dead Again

Pub Date:   |   Archive Date: 17 Feb 2019

Dead Again is really interesting. I loved the book and it kept me interested the entire way through. I just wish the author explained why the characters came back to life. Otherwise I really enjoyed it.
There are lots of problems with this book. The first being that it doesn't rally know what it is - a murder mystery? A husband or boyfriends psychological manipulation? An Alien invasion? who knows and to be frank after wading through the first 60 % i was so bored I couldn't really care. The most thrilling thing in that first 60% was the MC saying was it **** who killed me ?

The writing was turgid the premise unclear and this certainly left me not wanting to read any more from this author.
Interesting concept. Kind of reminded me of Happy Death Day a little. The point of view was interesting as it felt like the character was talking directly to the reader.
I received an ARC of this from the publisher via Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.

If you like creepy psychological thrillers and strange UFO phenomena, this is a book for you. I can’t say I’ve read anything like it and I’m left with more questions than answers.
Never gets a second chance to solve her own murder. She takes the reader back through her last week alive and we are left trying to piece together a complicated and sometimes far fetched story. The author does a good job of portraying all the characters in a guilty light so you’re never really positive on who did it and why.
Great suspense, very interesting storyline. I’d read something from the author again.
This was a very good book. Very well put together awesome character building, would definatley recommend to others.
Neve will be dead In a week. Who wants to kill her and why? Could it be her husband or one of her friends? She needs to know before they do it again.  She is being stalked, her husband thinks she may be cheating on him. So many people who wish her harm. Are there aliens in the woods? Did they bring her back to life?  So many plot twists. It is a thriller which will be leaving you guessing until the very end. I received this book from Net Galley and BooksGoSocial for a honest review. I voluntarily read this book.
I was given a copy of Dead Again by the publisher in exchange for an honest review.  The book is about Neve who goes back to the week before she was murdered to find out who killed her. I enjoyed this book although I did find Neve a little annoying at times. It's an unusual story but does make for a good psychological thriller.
I really enjoyed this book, the characters were well developed.  It had an interesting plot. I would be interested in reading more
Book 21 of my 2019 Reading Challenge
read from February 21 - 23

Dead Again
by Kevin Grover

Summary (via Goodreads)
published 2019

“In a week I'll be murdered. I need to figure out who kills me before they do it again. I know they'll try. If I was that person, I would.”
Neve’s last week before she dies is far from dull. There’s someone stalking her, doing their best to make her life hell. Her husband suspects she’s cheating on him, so she has to cover her tracks. Perhaps that’s what gets her killed?
Or is the threat from Jenny who’s convinced there’s something alien in the woods? Is she hiding a darker secret? Of course, the obvious suspect is Neve’s secret lover, but he wouldn’t harm her. Would he? What about the stories of aliens in the woods? Could they be responsible for bringing her back to life?
A dark story of a woman returning from the dead a year later to solve her own murder brings a number of exciting twists. Can anyone be trusted in this tale of murder, betrayal and secrets? Is the woman who returned really Neve and what’s her link to a murdered woman twenty years ago?
Neve must find her killer before she’s….
Dead Again.

My Opinion
4 stars

*I received an electronic copy of this book via NetGalley and would like to thank the author and/or publisher for the opportunity to read and honestly review it*

I had a dream about being murdered after reading it before bed so I would say it stuck in my mind.  Halfway through it was still ramping up and adding more stuff instead of resolving anything and I was wondering if the author would be able to wrap everything up.  She did and I ended up rating it 4 stars because I couldn't stop reading it even though it wasn't really that great; it was more out of confusion and wanting to see how everything would come together.

There were a few groan-worthy lines, such as when she rang the buzzer at her lover's apartment and then thought, "In a few moments, I realize he'll be ringing my buzzer."  There were also a few little typos that I feel like I should point out since I read it on NetGalley but I don't really hold against the author since I never know how much control they have over the formatting.

This review ended up being more negative than I actually feel about the book, probably because I didn't stop to make notes of anything I enjoyed (usually the case with mysteries since I want to avoid spoilers) and instead only noted things that took me out of the story.  This book may not have fired on all cylinders for me but it was a quick read and I would read this author again.
Thank you to NetGalley and the publisher for the review copy of this book.

This book was very interesting. I found the more the read it, the more I wanted to know. It is a solid read. I love the suspense behind the novel and it did keep me on my toes. It was a very good thriller and I suggest picking up this book.
Thank you NetGalley for allowing me to read this book for my honest opinion.

I cannot tell you how many times I found myself yelling at my tablet because I was frustrated with the characters.
The storyline seemed to drag on and on. A lot of the content seemed to be just filler which I think something else would have been better placed in there.
All of the characters were beyond irratating. I mean Neve is constantly stalking her husband and he thinks she's cheating. He drinks alot but then so does Neve.
Everyone believes that there are aliens in the woods and you should never go in there. There are strange lights in the woods.
Neve is trying to find her killer.
I will give the author props for the plot twist, I did not see the ending coming!!!
I would recommend this book to all of my friends. Everyone at Goodreads, Amazon, Barnes and Nobles and my book club!!!
Dead Again has a most unusual premise, the main character coming back to investigate her own death. This is such a unique idea that I couldn't wait to read it. The plot is fast paced and packed with an assortment of interesting characters and I thoroughly enjoyed hating them all. It's a bit like a murder mystery and a soap opera rolled into one. The bit I struggled with was the feeling that the back from the dead plot was shoehorned in, as many of the main character's thoughts, actions and worries made no sense from someone who knew she would be dead in a week. However, if you ignore that, you end up with an entertaining story that will keep you guessing as you race to the end.
I thought it would be hard to like a book where the main character makes you want to murder her yourself but I did.

This thriller is one of a kind. A murder mystery told by the victim back from the dead. From the first chapter the story takes off and sends you on one he'll of a ride.
In this frighteningly believable thriller from beginning to end A complex, emotionally intense  novel…Fans of twisty domestic suspense novels will be rewarded.
Dead Again is a good mystery novel. The twists and turns are unexpected, and the ending is surprising.
Neve must find her killer before she’s….
Dead Again.

WOW; this is definitely a different take on the psychological thriller.
I really enjoyed the story as the plot is very interesting. There  are a lot of twists and it will keep you guessing to the end.
I can't give too much away as it will spoil the story for you but it is definitely a roller coaster of a ride and I look forward to reading more from the author.

Thank you NetGalley and BooksGoSocial for the eARC.
Well it's a good thing that this isn't the final copy of this book. There were a bunch of misspellings and fragmented sentences that made it hard to read at times. Now onto the story...

Decent read. It kept me wanting to know what was going to happen next. From the jump however I hated most of the characters. Honestly 95% of them made me want to crawl into the book and strangle them while yelling "Why are you like this?". (strangle? ha! this story has that for you.) Now there was only one thing that I didn't expect at the end and that was one of the murders (oh no, now you know there is more than one murder!) This murder had nothing to do with the story and was simply filler which as a writer I understand.

I would give this story 3 1/2 bookmarks out of 5. I would still recommend this story to my friends.
I enjoyed Dead Again but I found the main characters to be unlikeable which made it difficult to care about what happened to them. I did find the story itself to be intriguing and I wanted to carry on reading to the end, although I would have preferred there to have been an answer to who the returned were, I did feel it was a good ending.
Too much alcohol, affairs galore and a death or two. How would you feel knowing your partner was a cheat? Would you turn to drink? Cheat right back? Die and come back to life? Sounds far fetched but that is the very convincing story in this thrilling read, I enjoyed this book and would happily recommend it. And the ending will leave you shocked but no spoilers here!
I thoroughly enjoyed this read! Chapter one captured my attention, which is always a good thing. There was just enough twist to keep me interested, while not being able to pin-point what would happen next. I am really hoping this becomes a series.....