Cover Image: Truth or Die

Truth or Die

really liked the way this book was written. very well navigated plot twists that you dont see coming
Another great thriller by Katerina Diamond and an interesting progression between the detectives too. The plot is gripping and has a few twists and turns to keep you guessing.
Truth or Die is the fifth instalment of the fantastic Imogen Grey series. As usual there are lots of gruesome murders to keep us happy (you know what I mean) and a face from the past that will led Imogens partner Adrian Miles to wonder if he has made a fatal mistake. Speaking of Adrian things are hotting up between him and Imogen, which as someone who called for this I'm happy about but (fickle me) I couldn't help but feel it took a bit too much space up in the book. Here's hoping it's not Maddie and David all over again (if you get that welcome to the oldies club!)
I just felt that it wasn’t as intense and there weren’t many surprises or twists. I wasn’t surprised when everything was revealed and just thought it lacked a little bit of drama. I was hoping for more then we got.
’ve read and LOVED ‘The Teacher’ which is the first book in the DS Imogen Grey series…and then I sort of lost sight of Katerina Diamond’s writing for a few years until I joined The Fiction Cafe Book Club. Katerina is one of the authors in the group and did a fantastic live chat not so long ago talking about her books which reminded me of just how hooked I was. So I skipped ahead and read Truth Or Die (forgetting it was a series) which was published in 2019. It honestly didn’t make too much difference not having read the others as the back stories are hinted at – but I’ll definitely go back and catch up on what’s been happening in DS Grey’s life until now.

Katerina’s work can best be summed up (in my opinion) as dark, gritty, police procedurals. But they’re more than that. They have elements of romance, plenty of pathological liars, serial killers, detective mysteries, dirty cops, family drama, trauma and psychological thriller undertones all rolled into one. Truth or Die was a great example of a talented juggle of all the elements of a good book rolled into one. I can say with complete certainty that I will go and read the previous books in this series, and the most recent one (Woman in the Water) and will likely finish each one within a day – they are that addictive. Katerina doesn’t hold back. She will shock you, she will make you laugh, she’ll make you cry – be prepared to be completely hooked. Katerina Diamond is right up there on my list of favourite authors and ‘Must’ reads.
An enjoyable read. My first Katerina Diamond book (yes I know I should have read the others first!). It was fun getting to know the characters of Imogen Grey & Adrian ‘Miley’ Miles sling with their coworkers (although the characters didn’t become visible in my head). The plot twisted and developed throughout and I found I cared about the case and getting it solved as well as the people involved so read on eagerly. The setting descriptions were well-written and conjured up the scenes beautifully. I will be catching up on previous books!
This is part of a series but having never read of the other titles I found it’s still a great read overall. The relationship between Adrian and imogen progresses a lot in this book. It explains how they’ve had a complicated working and personal relationship as shown in the previous books. They are investigating a series of murders surrounding a college involving students and professors, and uncover a sinister “game” being played. I really enjoyed this book and I’d be interested in reading more of this series.
Really enjoyable read. Good characters and a Good story. Well worth a read. Think others will enjoy.
Truth or die but learning the truth is anything but easy. You may die or you may learn the truth but which is more painful? That’s the question. What a story!
This series of books is wonderful. I love Miles and Grey, they are a great partnership. I would recommend you read the other books in the series before you start this one.
Formulaic. I'm starting to get a little bit reluctant to see anyone pretending to present a "new" story of a reluctant cop pretending to not be attracted another cop.
This is already the 5th book in the series, and having read all the previous ones, I can honestly say, they do get better and better each time!
The underlying smouldering feelings between DS Imogen Grey and DS Adrian Miles made for an interesting subplot - the reader keeps on wanting them to finally admit to their feelings!
In this novel they have to find a serial killer, who targets specific people, with his own special way of killing them each time. This serial killer is already known to them, and it becomes a race against time.
Highly recommended.
A huge Thank You to The author, The publisher and Netgalley for providing the e-arc in exchange for a unbiased review of these works

again another fantastic book by this author a real roller-coaster ride!
Loved the teacher and have missed out on the other books so pleased to read this one. In my mind a much better book that is better thought out. roll on the next one if they keep getting better.
This is the 5th book in this series, having enjoyed all the previous ones, this didn't disappoint.

I thought the storyline was very good. I love the characters Adrian and Imogen.

I didn't guess the ending and I thought it ended well.

Very enjoyable. I look forward to the next one in the series.
Another great read from Katerina Diamond!
I'd forgotten how much I like the relationship between DS Imogen Grey and DS Adrian Miles. My next read is Woman In The Water, and I'm looking forward to seeing it how it develops.
Another fantastic book in this brilliant series! This time Imogen and Adrian are looking into the deaths of university lecturers but as ever the story is never quite as it seems , lots of twists and turns along the way that keeps you guessing...I give this one four stars.
A very good and gripping novel. Kept me on edge and was an intense page turner. I do love books with a good conclusion and this was nothing but. A must recommend with thriller enthusiast.
There was a mystery at the beginning and it caught my attention.

I like how Imogen thinks and stick to her instinct. Adrian has a lot on his mind and him being dragged with the case made it more interesting.

The way the victims were killed were gruesome especially the professors. Wow! What a brilliant and imaginative mind you have, Miss Katerina.

I didn't expect the suspects plus the backbone of the story. It was carefully planned and thought about.

I cannot wait for the next on this series. Hopefully, more honesty with Adrian and Imogen because of their relationship.

Thank you for the ARC, Avon UK, and Netgalley!
Katerina Diamond did it again. The suspense of this book kept me turning the pages.  I loved the fact that someone from the past came back that had both DS Miles and DS Grey questioning their morals. Can’t wait to read the next and find out what suspense is waiting for me plus where DS Grey’s and Miles relationship goes.