Tell No One

Pub Date:   |   Archive Date: 28 May 2019

There was a LOT going on in this book.  I wish some of the issues presented had been trimmed down - it became overwhelming and took away from the characters' development.  A decent ending that I didn't completely see coming.
A missing person, secrets, family drama.  This book employs many elements and kept me turning the pages. I liked the fact that the author described her characters to a greater extent as it helped me to connect easily with them.
Many thanks to Lake Union Publishing and to NetGalley for providing me with a galley in exchange for my honest opinion.
Tell No One was a mesmerizing novel!  I enjoyed the way the story depicted the characters' conflicts in their lives that included their strained relationships in marriages and other family dynamics. Caroline lost her father when she was younger when he remarried. The story starts with her searching for him in the present time, mostly so he can be reunited with his sick sister. At the same time Caroline is having issues with her husband. As she searches for her father, she will find out secrets from the past which will shock her. The characters lives throughout the story will become more tied together as everything spirals out of control.
This was a pretty good story but I think it was much longer than it needed to be.  There wasn't a lot of intrigue to the mystery and I found the ending to be fairly predictable.  I've read one other book by this author and although the writing in this book was better, it still wasn't great writing.  The epilogue is quite possibly the longest epilogue I've ever read and that only added to my feeling that the story was too wordy.  I received a free copy from netgalley in exchange for an honest review but I ended up listening to the audiobook version since it was free with kindle unlimited.  If I had read instead of listened, I would have probably skimmed through some of the slower parts.
Tell No One by Barbara Taylor Sisse: many lives woven together to paint one compelling story. The layers keep coming until the very end where it all gold together. Good read.
One of my new favorite books! This author has such a way with words the pages flew by in no time! I can’t wait to see the next work by this author! This was such a joy to read!
I could not get into this book. I found it very drawn out. A conversation that could have happened in one or two pages took five. I was interested in the plot but struggled to read the book.
"Tell No One" was an outstanding read in which I was drawn into an intricate web of family secrets, abandonment, and deception.

The story was told from two points of view - Caroline's and Harris'. Caroline was looking for her father who disappeared thirty years earlier. Harris was a trusted coach and mentor who was caught up in something that could destroy everything and everyone he loves. Barbara Taylor Sissel created some fabulous characters for this novel and I couldn't help but be emotionally involved in their struggles and their demons. With a superb plot and great pacing, I devoured this wonderful book.

I have another new author to add to my ever-growing list of favourites.

I received a complimentary digital copy of this novel, at my own request, from Lake Union Publishing via NetGalley. This review is my own unbiased opinion.
New author for me but pleasantly surprised. Thank you for the approval and look forward to a book relationship with other reads in the future,
I am always thrilled when I find a new To me author To follow. This book certainly kept make guessing. Set aside time to read you might not be able to stop. Excellent writing and characters. Highly recommend this book. Thank you for the advanced copy every much enjoyed it
Tell No One was wonderfully written. As always with thrillers this book had me hooked from the start, There were so many twists and turns. Highly recommend!
This is a excellent book by a favorite author of mine. Thank you to Net Galley  and to the publisher for the opportunity. My opinion is my own.
This is well drawn story of buried family secrets and deception.  Its the story of how deception destroys lives in families.
 Caroline  is looking for her father who disappeared 30 years earlier;  Her Aunt is dying and she has asked her to find him for her. Caroline wants nothing to do with her Father due to his abandonment but she searches for him. Harris,  the Father is caught up in something that can destroy  everyone he loves. Through her story we learn of a child abandon by her Father who grew up in the consequence of his actions. We also see the story through his eyes and how he left to protect his daughter and hid his long buried secrets.  As their lives converge we see the difference between the wrong he did and the right he thought he was doing for his daughter. A very interesting plot and a good strong read of family lies and emotions,
Received an ARC from Netgalley in exchange for a honest review. I voluntarily read and reviewed an advanced copy of this book. All thoughts and opinions are my own.

I really liked this one. It was able to keep my attention all the way through. The story follows both Caroline and Harris. Caroline is searching for her dad while Harris is going through problems of his own. Loved the ending. The story is perfect to read if you’re looking for a mystery to read over a day or two
Interesting

I love when I find new to me authors and this book was a great read and interesting story.
I must admit that I was a bit confused at the beginning but that didn’t stoped me to keep reading it in one sitting.
A woman is trying to find out about her past, her lost father and on her journey there are many twists and secrets to be revealed and also a few hard decisions to be made.
The story is dealing with an issue that many people are going through and I liked that the story is reliable.
Looking forward to other books from the author.
Tell No One by Barbara Taylor Sissel is an exciting thriller.  This book was really good. It has so many twists and turns. The author did an excellent job. I was hooked from the start, with a very unique plot line. I could connect with the characters. I would definitely recommend this book.

I reviewed a digital arc provided by NetGalley and Lake Union Publishing.  Thank you.
Tell No One by Barbara Taylor Sissel gives readers a mix of "who done it" style mystery with a heavy dose of problems facing today's modern family.  The story essentially revolves around two grown step siblings who decide to come to grips with the disappearance of their father two decades earlier.  I appreciated the raw honesty of Sissel as she covered the emotional complexities of this issue and the varying coping mechanisms employed by children even into adulthood who have been abandoned by a parent.  However, I felt at times that the sentiment was belabored and little was happening to move the story along.  It is still a solid story with twists and turns I found enjoyable, and I am thankful for the opportunity to review this ARC.  All opinions are my own.
This book isn’t my favourite by this author but it was still an ok read.
I felt that this book had too many plots within it and was a bit overwhelming
Thanks to Netgalley for the ARC in exchange for an honest review.

I had a really hard time getting through this book. I ended up stopping at 65%. I didn’t care about the characters and I wish they would have kept it to the story of where is the dad instead of all these other stories.
Set time aside for this book. It will grip you in the first couple of pages and you will want to race through the pages until you discover the deepest darkest secret and all of what it entails. Great.
Tell No One by Barbara Taylor Sissel is a 4 star read for me. I enjoyed following Caroline through this story while she searches for her long-estranged father. Her aunt desperately wants to heal their relationship before she dies and Caroline wants to make her aunt's last wish come true.

The story is told in two different points of view, Caroline and Harris'. I definitely enjoyed Caroline's better, at least for the first 2/3 of the book and then I felt Harris' story picked up also.

There are many, many issues discussed including PTSD, depression, murder and abuse which at one point made me wonder if maybe there were too many of these issues. It felt a little draggy due to this at some points.

Overall I enjoy this author's work and would recommend this book. In my opinion it's part mystery, part journey of discovery and part family drama.

Thank you to Netgalley, the author and publisher for approving my request for an ARC. All thoughts in this review are my own and freely provided.