Cover Image: Dinner in a DASH

Dinner in a DASH

Keep your body in tip-top shape with the one diet that all doctors love—and with the speed and convenience of pressure-cooking! The DASH Diet, developed at the National Institutes of Health in the US, is a low-salt, low-sugar, low-fat diet that is good for everyone—but especially for people with heart disease, hypertension, diabetes, or excessive weight. That's a lot of us!

Remarkably, nearly one-half of the population has one or more of those health issues. For those who luckily do not, the DASH diet is a terrific way to keep your body in optimum health and to ward off problems down the road. The DASH diet is the diet most often recommended by cardiologists.

Until now, there has been no cookbook for tasty and fast DASH meals in the Instant Pot or another electric pressure cooker (or "multi-cooker"). In Dinner in a DASH, veteran healthy-cookbook author Nancy S. Hughes delivers 75 recipes that get you from here to a nutritious and delectable dinner in a flash. You'll get all the minerals and proteins you need without an excess of saturated fats, salt, or sugar.

These are delicious meals that don't compromise on flavour. From a homey and comforting Marinara Chicken with Parmesan to an adventuresome plate of Shrimp-Stuffed Poblano Peppers, and from an elegant Salmon on Spinach with Tarragon Mustard Sauce to a casual and carefree Flank Steak with Mushrooms, you'll do your body a world of good while enjoying every minute. Each of the recipes comes with complete nutritional data, and the book opens with a wealth of tips and tricks for mastering the Instant Pot and other electric pressure cookers. For fast and easy dinners full of flavour and nutrients, this is an indispensable book.

OKay, so, I have low blood pressure and have been told to eat a LOT of salt but these recipes are very adaptable to easily add to and make it more, um, palatable for me. (Yes, I love salt).

In general, the recipes are yummy sounding and the use of an InstantPot™ makes it easy as one can literally "set it and forget it". I cook at least 95% of my food in the InstantPot™ so if you don't have one and love it as much as I do, get one!  The recipes are well written and make sense so if you are a fan of DASH, this is the book for you.

As always, I try to find a reason to not rate with stars as I love emojis (outside of Instagram and Twitter) so let's give it 🍏 🍅🥕 🥔🍑
Thanks, Nancy Hughes and NetGalley for the advance copy. A WONDERFUL recipe book. I will get the paperback.
I first heard about the DASH diet for heart health from a doctor, so I love the idea of a cookbook that makes it easier to follow this diet. I found that this cookbook had a good variety of recipes (including desert!) and I especially liked that each one has detailed nutritional information. This will be a great addition for anyone trying to improve their heart health and not knowing where to start.
Perfect !  Just what I've been wanting/ looking for.   I recently just bought an instant pot and this is such a nice addition to have along side it.
Can't wait to try some of these recipes.  I really liked that the macros were included with each recipe as well.
Recommend this one to anyone and everyone new or old to the instant pot!

I would like to thank Netgalley, Harvard Common Press, and Nancy S. Hughes for the opportunity to read and review this before publication.
A very useful cookbook with lots of new ideas for pressure cooking. The recipes are very appealing and are whipped up in almost no time which is great. I particularly liked that nutritional values are given for each recipe. The cooking methods are clear and easy to follow, including ingredients which are easy to source. Cooks notes are a great touch and offer some great tips.

I know I will try many recipes from this book.

Many thanks to Quarto Publishing and Netgalley for an ARC copy of this title in exchange for an honest review.
I'm diabetic and I have to take care of what I eat and calculate the fat and sugar for each dish I eat.
This book is great because for each recipe you can read the sugar, the fat and everything I need to know.
The recipes are well explained and I think I'll surely try some of them.
A very good cooking book.
Highly recommended!
Many thanks to the publisher and Netgalley for this ARC
As a massive cooking fan, I was very excited to receive this arc from Quarto Publishing. I have a pressure King Pro aka the ‘magic cooker’ and these recipes would be fabulous in it. In fact the beef po’boys will be one I definitely make soon.

The recipes are healthy and a clear description of the nutrition and ingredients. This will appeal to a lot of people I’m sure. Thank you to netgalley and the publishers for this arc in exchange for my honest review.