The Treasure of Westminster Abbey

Pub Date:   |   Archive Date: Not set

The Tressure of Westminster Abbey is a teen novel starting Emily who at age ten decides to cut through the cloisters on her way home. After saying goodbye to Susan at the Main Gate of the Abbey she decided at the spur of the moment to take the shortcut. During the day the Cloisters were welcoming, but during the night with shadows lurking in every turn it was definitely scary.

As Emily rounds a corner she runs right into what looks like a monk. Terrified she runs away as fast as she can and tells the night Constable about the apparition as he is crossing the yard. Wanting to calm Emily down he tells her he will take a look. Not seeing anything or anyone Mr. Hutchings returns and informs Emily there is no sign of her monk.

Emily knows what she saw and felt, she remembered the monk did not have hands but a stump.

This is definitely an enjoyable easy read that keeps you holding your breath until the very end. The characters are well developed and you will love Penelope, Alyce and the rest of the gang. I especially enjoyed the map of the abbey so that you can reference back to it when you are imagining the space.

I was provided this book for free in exchange for my honest opinion.

I HIGHLY RECOMMEND this book for anyone who loves a good mystery with a bit of history thrown in for good measure. 📕👍🏼

I GIVE IT A 5 STAR: ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
"A wonderfully written story , intense suspicions surrounding the lost treasure of the Westminster Abbey  and a group of strange monks captivates a set of compassionate sisters bridges the divide between the spirit world and earthly evil in this well-paced thriller. that will will thrill  readers of any age !
Really enjoyable little book! Not really a ghost story, but a sweet and cozy mystery that reminded me of reading books written long before I was born as a child. My only real issue was that it felt short. I hope to see more books about these sisters investigating historical mysteries in the future!
This was a quick read that I finished in one sitting. It was hard to put down once started. The book is well written and so are the characters. I love the bravery of the girls especially Penelope. One of my favorite things about the book is the scattered illustrations throughout the book. I recommend reading this book!!!
Although this is not a "cozy mystery" in the contemporary accepted sense, this novel is a comfortable, heartwarming, coming-of-age mystery. I was so reminded of both John Bellairs and of Nancy Drew. There's just that easy 50's flavour.

The characterizations are super and the history inclusions are fascinating. A worthwhile read all around.
Didn't realize it was a children's book, and, as I was expecting something different altogether, I put it down very quickly. I did, however, like what I have read of the writing (and the backstory about how Rae's books came to be is adorable), so I would gladly recommend it to someone looking for a children's book with a classic feel, but some darker undertones as well.

Thanks for the review copy.
This was an enjoyable and entertaining read, this book kept hooked till the last page.
I liked the plot, the cast of characters and the setting. I also liked the historical bits.
I look forward to reading other books by this author.
Recommended!
Many thanks to the publisher and Netgalley for this ARC
I really loved this book. The descriptions were beautiful, fluid, detailled and kept the story going smoothly. I enjoyed learning about the Abbey and it's history through bits included in the story, it didn't feel like a history lesson. The plot itself of the book was captivating, I couldn't put the book down and I was fully invested in the characters' adventures.