The Time Traveler Professor, Book Two: A Pocketful of Lodestones

Pub Date:   |   Archive Date: 31 Aug 2019

I started the first one - I found the storytelling very disjointed; I wasn't sure there was any real structure apart from positing the narrator into various historical scenarios strung together on some invisible thread that at various times flirted with past-life regression and astral travel.  Too many themes crammed together. that the narrative felt like it was tripping over itself.

I downloaded the second in the series and won't be reading or reviewing it.
I left this book in an effort to read fresh, without being influenced by my distaste of the previous one, as I had requested both at the same time. Despite this I still could not get into the story and this collection will remain one of the few books that I could not complete.
the 2nd book in a  new mystery series I found the plot clever and the characters interesting though the pacing was a little slow to my liking
If you love Time Travel sci-fi stories.. then, you already have jumped into your device and bought the book in the future!  (It's in your bookcase, silly!)  What a fun premise!  I have a weakness for time travel novels.. and this one.. had me from the beginning to the end!  The characters are fleshed out nicely.. and though it's highly recommended that you read the first book in the series.. I found that I was able to follow along just fine.. without reading the first book.  Just takes a little longer to figure out what they're talking about! :)
I was really looking forward to this book. I hoped that I could read it without first reading the Book One. However, this was not the case. I couldn't follow the path laid out. I have requested the first book from the library. After I read it, I will return to this book. At that time, I can post an honest review. Sorry for the delay.
If you like a time travel book mixed with suspense and touch of adventure, this book is for you.
I foind the series interesting and easy to read. Indeed, this book took me for an adventure in time through its pages.
Recommended read.
I enjoyed this mystery + time travel book. As a sci-fi fan this worked for me. It's pretty ambitious but well executed overall, and mostly held my interest. I won't spoil the plot, but recommend it for those seeking a detective novel with a twist.

I really appreciate the ARC for review!
A good book, perfectly written, clever plot and very interesting characters. The pictures are relevant and enhance the theme of the time travel. The pace is of a good measure, there is time to get acquainted with all the characters.
Scott is able to travel in time via his time machine.  Book goes back and forth in time.  Interesting book
It was fun to read and entertaining. I read the fist book before and fully appreciated this one.
Recommended!
Many thanks to the publisher and Netgalley for this ARC in exchange of a honest review.