The Dead Girl's Stilettos

Pub Date:   |   Archive Date: 31 May 2019

This was my first book I read by Quinn Avery. I love thrillers and this was no exception. A journalist is looking for her missing sister and she has a chance to go back to her hometown for a story. She hopes in the process she can find her sister. I loved the journey and the twists and turns in this book. Definitely would love to read more
A good thriller with engaging characters. Very quirky personalities. I like the fact that there was also a comedic element to the story enhancing it. Fantastic writing style.
The Dead Girl's Stilettos is a very catchy title to a very good debut mystery by Quinn Avery.  This author has taken the time to build a great back story...solving crimes the police can't...and building a great cast of characters you'll love.  As the main character, Bexley must gather her somewhat challenging resources and  find the "dead girl's" killer.  There is a second theme running throughout the story as Bexley searches for her sister.  There is enough close calls for Bexley and crew that you will not know from chapter to chapter what to expect next!  This is a mystery reader's mystery.  Fun and entertaining while still managing to keep the story running at 90 miles an hour.  Let's hope Quinn Avery keeps Bexley and her crew alive for many more books.
What an amazing debut book! It grabs you from the first few pages and doesn’t let go til the end. Such a brilliant writing style. Would definitely recommend this to anyone who is a fan of mystery!
This was a great début novel by Quinn Avery. An excellent thriller!
It was a great combination of a good plot, good characters, mystery, suspense and even some comic passages
I also thought it was rich with action and twists.

I highly recommend it!
Enjoyed this book. Kept me interested all the way through. Would recommend to a fellow reader.  Love the cover.
This was an advanced copy from netgalley - thank you

I won't lie, it was the cover that attracted me and boy, I was not disappointed !!

Thrillers are not usually my genre, but I have been reading more and more thanks to netgalley and being given the opportunity - this was pacy, action packed, lots of twists and turns

Quinn Avery is a new voice  but WOW - I enjoyed this!!

Fabulous debut novel

Bexley is a great character - well written - engaging, quirky, different to the usual

The whole novel was well-balanced - I loved all the characters - nice lovely light touches of comedy weaved into the thriller - just LOVED the way this was written - the language - just everything !!!

I have given it five stars and I think it deserves it

If you like your thrillers, this is definitely for you

Highly recommend
I really enjoyed this book, I wasn't too sure about the first few chapters, but after I pushed through I totally fell in hook line and sinker. Great book which kept me on the edge of my seat. This was my first book written by Quinn Avery and I will totally keep an eye out for anymore - straight onto my TBR list!
I was bored in the beginning with this book. It started out slow but midways it picked up and had me on the edge of my seat
Wow, what a wonderful thriller! This was a fabulous début novel by Quinn Avery. The main character, Bexley, was very engaging and a little quirky and I loved the way the author was able to balance the mystery with the supporting characters so well, even adding a comedic element to the story.

In “The Dead Girl’s Stilettos” I thought the pacing was good and it was rich with action, twists and turns.

I highly recommend this perfect and very solid début thriller which is definitely worthy of its five stars.

I received a complimentary digital copy of this novel at my own request from the publisher via NetGalley. This review is my own unbiased opinion.
It started off with a bang...…..but fizzled off pretty quickly for me.  Too much predictability as it went along slowly.  Then all is revealed in a rush at the end.
This was a terrific debut novel.  Bexley is a character that I love and can’t wait to read more about.  The story kept me engaged and guessing. I was not able to solve the mystery  before the end due to all the twists and turns.  Great job Quinn Avery!
Many thanks to Victory Editing NetGalley Co-op and to NetGalley for providing me with a galley in exchange for my honest opinion.
An amazing thriller! Had a couple of red herrings that I tried to follow, plus a surprise ending. Highly recommended!
Just the title alone makes me want to read it! But wow I am so glad I was able to read this book! Quinn Avery did an excellent job with this one. Absolutely a must read. You will be hooked from the very beginning, I cannot wait for more novels from Quinn!
Absolutely loved!! Thought it was so well written.. Review coming soon on the blog. Will update again with full details.
Fresh off an journalistic investigation into a sex trafficking ring, Bexley Spires is contacted by one of the hottest men in Hollywood to clear his name in the death of an unidentified woman found on the beach near his home. Taking on his case will mean Bexley must return to Papaya Springs where she grew up and reunites her with her best friend and her high school crush who is now a detective working on the case. Bex ultimately takes the job because it affords her an opportunity to search for her younger sister who disappeared weeks earlier. It quickly becomes clear that Bex’s life is danger as she gets closer to the truth.

This book is well developed and feels like the second in a series and I was disappointed to realize that I could not go back and read previous Bexley Squires mysteries and I am anxiously awaiting the next release. Quinn Avery has created an engaging heroine who will pursue the truth at all costs and balances the mystery with great supporting characters and humor. This may be the first book I have read by Quinn Avery but it won’t be the last.
Perfect psychological thriller!  It moved at a fast pace with twists and turns throughout!  I couldn’t put it down!  Highly recommend!
Best book this year! Heart pounding, fast-paced, could not turn pages fast enough! Forget all those "Just like Gone Girl." This is a hold no prisoners real thriller, action on every page, the rich and famous at dangerous games! This book is my first of my top 25 for the year! Yes, I have read all the new psychological thrillers, this one beats them all, hands down!

I highly Recommend! Thank you Netgalley!
carolintallahassee.com
The Dead Girl's Stilettos is an awesome title. The story is quite charming and fun. Bex is hired to clear a celebrity's name tied to a murder. Along the way, the old high school hottie shows up to sweeten the deal. The mystery isn't difficult, but it's lively and comical. This is the type of book you can read quickly, and it will make you smile and laugh. Quirky with a dash of romance equals total cuteness! Thanks to NetGalley for an arc in exchange for an honest review.
Bexley is a bit of a quirky character. She is an reporter masquerading as a PI. She comes into contact with her high school crush Grayson while working on this case. The story has lots of wit and comical moments. She finds herself in sticky situations as she gets closer to the truth of what she is investigating. She also grows closer to Grayson and has to decide if this will be a relationship that she wants to last. It is a nice and easy read with a happy ending.