Aurora Rising

Pub Date:   |   Archive Date: 26 Mar 2019

Aurora Rising is the next hit YA sci-fi series. If you enjoyed Illuminae, get ready for your next obsession. This could be described as Six of Crows in space or Lord of the Rings in space and it is outstanding! Fast-paced and filled with action, romance, humour, adventure, this is a book that has everything! It is one of those "I seriously can't put down even to go do normal human things like eat and shower" books. The diversity is also worth noting. Highly recommended to readers who are looking for the next big hit series a la Hunger Games, Divergent, etc.
I got an ARC of this from netgalley.com, and have been sniggering about being a professional reader ever since - I buy and sell books, rather than being paid to read them (if only....).

Anyway! I am going to try to be as spoiler free as possible, as the book isn't out until May.

I loved it to pieces. It's sort of if Firefly had a kid with The Breakfast Club, a d sent the kid to space military school then this would be the weird and wonderful result.

A must, I think, for anyone who likes soft sci-fi, found families, female friendships, romance, witty banter, and space Elves. You can't forget the space Elves.

It's loads of fun, made me laugh, get a wee bit misty eyed in places, and I can't wait to read it all over again when I actually buy a copy when it comes out.