Cover Image: The Cornish Cream Tea Bus

The Cornish Cream Tea Bus

This is a lovely, summery treat of a story! Cressida writes wonderful, warm characters and idyllic settings that you fall in love with! And who doesn't love a vintage bus and a scone??
Many thanks to Netgalley and HarperCollins for this book. This was such a lovely read. It's a compilation of the first 3 books in the Cornish Cream tea series and it was an absolute joy to read. Light, fun and perfect escapism. Ideal holiday reading.
This was a cute read. The Cornish setting was lovely and brought a whole village worth of interesting supporting characters. I enjoyed Charlie's journey to establish her new business and enjoyed her dog Marmite a lot.
If you have holidayed in Cornwall, or would like to, this might be the relaxing read for you. Upon inheriting an elderly double decker bus that has been used for giving tours, our brave lady Charlie Quilter makes plans to convert it into THE CORNISH CREAM TEA BUS. Charlie is a baker who enjoys providing the tastiest of filling food, and snacks are perfect for the seaside.  continued
I first read the initial part of this book last summer and absolutely loved it, what's not to love about cakes and the seaside!
I was so excited to read the full version of this book which included all four parts following Charlie as she renovates and establishes her new business within the Cornish community.
The story was very predictable but absolutely heartwarming as Charlie made her way into the hearts of the village of Porthgolow  and especially into the hearts of Crystal Waters Spa owner Daniel.
A lovely book to read in these unsettling times! Would love more :-)
My first time reading a book by this author. The book I read was all 4 parts in one book and I thoroughly enjoyed it. I could picture myself visiting Charlie and her 1960’s Routemaster bus Gertie, which had been left to her when her beloved Uncle Hal had died. She had split up with her boyfriend Stu and was looking for a new adventure. She was working for Bea at The Cafe on the Hill in the sleepy Cotswolds and everyone kept encouraging her to take some time away to find herself again to help her cope with the grief. In steps Juliette, her French friend who she met by chance a while ago on a train journey. Juliette offers Charlie a the opportunity to have a break and escape from everything, her parents think this is a great idea and Bea gives her time away from her job. Charlie takes Juliette up on this offer and sets off with Gertie to Porthgolow for the break everyone insists she needs.
An excellent read, you can really picture the beautiful Cornish coast and characters that live in Porthgolow.
An enjoyable light read ideal for relaxing.  The plot and outcome are somewhat predictable and over cosy at times with everything working out too well with rose tinted glasses but nonetheless it keeps the reader's attention with a few twists and turns.  A lovely idea of a Routemaster bus being used in such a way serving delicious sounding afternoon teas, it would be nice if we heard more about Charlie and Gertie.  One thing that grates is the cover doesn't show a double decker Routemaster bus but an old fashioned coach.
I thoroughly enjoyed reading this book - I devoured it (quite like I would have liked to done to one of Charlie's Cornish cream teas) over the course of a day. Charlie's determination to create a new life for herself and her Uncle Hal's vintage double decker was infectious and although it was easy to predict the course of the story, I found I didn't care - I was happily swept along.
Thank you to HarperCollins and NetGallery for providing me with a copy for reviewing.
I always love a heroine who isn't frightened to speak her mind, to admit when she's wrong and to reinvent herself and her life. Charlie ticks all these boxes!

After her beloved uncle dies she makes it her mission to bring the vintage routemaster he left her back to life. Combined with her skills as a baker and with a good deal of determination thrown in she is onto a winner.

If course there are a few bumps in the road but it's an enjoyable read which I'd recommend.

A tiny niggle is that the bus on the cover is a single decker routemaster but the story is all about a double decker!
Having read lots of books with similar story lines & front covers, wondered how this one would grip my attention, but I needn't have worried, I absolutely loved it & read it in less than 24 hours!
Love love love this! Great characters terrifically written! Just brilliant read. Devoured it within the day! I’ll be back for more!!
A lovely story a woman who sets up a cafe on a bus a woman whose life changes as she travels.Wonderful characters and setting .I enjoyed meeting these people following their story.zWill be reading more by this author.#netgalley #harperimpulse.
A lovely book about Charlie who has inherited a bus and turns it into a travelling cafe in Cornwall and finds love in the process. Cressida McLaughlin paints a lovely picture of Cornwall in the process.
This book is .lovely.
Set in a gorgeous place with believable characters and a great story.
Recommended
A lovely easy holiday read, set in the Cotswolds but mainly Cornwall. Loved the main characters and would recommend
I thoroughly enjoyed this book. I loved the passion that Charlie had for her bus!
Characters were good. It was a nice cosy read, and I loved the uncertainty through the book about which character would capture Charlie’s heart!
A lovely tale, easy to read and enjoy. I curled up and read it on a rainy winter day, so good to read all year round.
Thank you to Netgalley, Harper Collins and Cressida McLaughlin for allowing me to read this book in exchange for an honest review
Wasn't totally sold on this one to start with, but persevered and by chapter 4 I couldn't put it down. I found myself wanting Gertie to be revamped and do well, I wanted Charlie to find her happ ending and I wanted the residents in porthgolow to come round to her and her ideas. From starting out not being sure, I ended up really enjoying this. It's well written, engaging (once I got into it), heartwarming and inspiring.
What a great story, set in Cornwall but starts in the Cotswolds.  There are twists and turns all the way  through so you are never sure how it will end. So you need to get hold of a copy of this fantastic book to read it yourself. The bus ofcourse features a great deal but it makes for a really lovely novel. I recommend this and give it 5 stars.
In this book we follow Charlie as she travels in her late uncle’s double decker bus, Gertie, to Cornwall. Charlie has taken a sabbatical from her work in a tea shop to be able to begin to recover from the heartbreak of the death of her uncle and finding out her boyfriend was cheating on her. She heads to Porthgolow to stay with her friend, Juliette, who lives in the forgotten & neglected seaside village. However, Charlie sees the potential in the village and after having Gertie completely revamped she starts to run the Cornish Cream Tea Bus in the hope of getting Porthgolow recognised for the special place it really is.
We travel along the Cornish roads with Charlie & follow her attempts to get the villagers on side with her plans for Gertie, a weekly food market and the ups & downs this brings. Charlie is faced with the dilemma of being interested in two men but feeling differently about both of them. Who should she choose: Oliver who runs a mobile cocktail bar and appears friendly, caring & helpful, or Daniel the brooding owner of a swanky hotel on the outskirts of the village, for whom Charlie has very conflicting feelings and doesn’t know whether she can trust him with her heart that beats a little faster when he’s around. And what should she do when the summer season ends: return home with Gertie or choose Porthgolow as her new home?
A lovely, easy to read romance story full of friendship, fun, delicious sounding cream teas & delectable descriptions of Cornwall - the author’s life for the area shines through. Characters you can relate & respond to along with the hint of romance throughout the book. An enjoyable read.
A delightful little story about a woman following her dreams and seeing up a wonderful little cafe on a bus. Along the way she breathes life into a sleepy town bringing food festivals and tourists. Not everyone is happy with these changes, so she has some battles along the way. As for the handsome man running the hotel, is he friend or foe?