Cover Image: Dead at First Sight

Dead at First Sight

As fast paced and compelling as ever. This series is as dependable as ever. This may sound a bit....well boring but the Grace series is never that! One of the things I really love about this writer is he never relies on shock tactics. The crimes in these books are as varied as I imagine a real detective would have to deal with, so it never feels like you're treading the same old ground. I'll be delving into the next installment very soon with great pleasure.
Another great read from Peter James. Usually read on holiday in summer but events prevented that caught up now and loved it..not so long to wait until next one hopefully
Peter James never fails another great Roy Grace thriller..Always look forward to a new book in this series tense page turner.Already looking forward to next book in the series.#netgalley#panmacmillan.
Another great read from Peter James and a really interesting it around Internet fraud. Tense and action packed throughout and it kept me hooked. Can't wait for the next one!
This was another killer Roy Grace read, and really enjoyable from beginning to end! I can't wait to get my hands on the next one!
Recommended.
Having read all of the Roy Grace series I was very excited to start this book and I have to say I wasn’t disappointed, this is every bit as good as his other novels.

Roy Grace is investigating online fraud in internet dating with victims living in Brighton. Roy has calls from Munich and the USA  where vulnerable and sometimes elderly people have been conned out of their savings. Roy is also having to deal with his boss from hell Cassian  and the behaviour of His son Bruno.

This book really made me think, I never realised how easy online fraud was, exploiting the bereaved,  lonely people and conning money out of them.

My advise is if you are thinking about online dating then don’t read this chilling book. It’s enough to put you off for life!!!

As always I was hooked from the start with this fast paced thriller, desperate to find out the ending, but sad that I had finished this great book and desperately waiting for the next one In the series. I have a feeling that Bruno is going to be causing heartache for Roy and Cleo soon.

Thank you to Netgalley for my copy in exchange for a review.
Not having read any of the Roy Grace books before I found it difficult to get into.  The synopsis of the book sounded great, but unfortunately for me it didn't click.  I'm sure regular reader of Peter James will totally disagree with me.
What I love about Peter James is how he takes a contemporary theme and weaves it into superbly crafted story that keeps you on the page - this novel shows his mastery of that craft.

In this book its about tricking vulnerable people who only want love and friendhsip into believing they have met "the one", who prpoceeds to fleece them of a lot or even all of their money.

However, some people don't take it lying down!
I absolutely love this series and I never want them to end

I never tire of the story as it continues

If you have never read Peter James I recommend that you do because he is brilliant
This writer continues to write a well crafted story. There are a number of characters in this book but they do neatly tie together and the subject was not something I had previously considered but have now become more aware of. I enjoyed this story as I have all of the previous titles. Highly recommended.
Standard Peter James formula book of the Inspector Roy Grace series. Some of the characters are getting a bit stale and the "suspense" about Bruno is being dragged out for way too long. It is pretty obvious where that story is headed.
Major Fordwater is waiting for Ingrid Ostermann, the love of his life, to arrive from Germany.  Across the Atlantic in Florida’s Key West, retired NYPD cop, Matthew Sorokin is waiting in a bar for his first date with a lady who he knows is his soulmate.  The two men are about to discover that they have been scammed out of almost every penny they have—and that neither woman actually exists.

In suspicious circumstances, a wealthy divorcee plunges from an apartment block in Munich and in the same week, Detective Superintendent Roy Grace is called to investigate the suicide of a woman in Brighton, that is the sister of the Munich woman.

As Grace's investigations gets underway, a local motivational speaker comes forward as he discovered his identity was being used to scam eleven different women through multiple online dating sites.  The police soon realize they are onto a global online scheme built on a cruel internet scam.  Plus they will murder anyone who threatens to expose them.,

Can Grace and his team bring down the people behind it before anyone else loses their money too?

Definitely a topical crime story, romance fraud as its often in the news.

It's good to reconnect with this author and his character Roy Grace as he heads up the murder investigation team in Brighton.  I had been getting a little jaded with the writer as far too often he was repeating the back story of Roy in book after book. Well this time a lot less of it is in there, and it made such a difference.

I did enjoy the story overall, though some connection made by Grace and a distance between Brighton and Gatwick seemed implausable but I'm glad I decided to return to the series.  i am left with the feeling that the way it finished that it make it seem this could be the end series for a while as lots of loose ends and stories from previous books have been tied up.

I received this book from netgalley in return for a honest review.
Having read every book in the excellent Roy Grace series i have to say that yet again Peter James has excelled himself with book number 15.Delving into the world of internet scamming of lonely people looking for love Roy Grace and his team find themselves looking into murders not only on their home patch of Brighton but also Germany and the USA.Not only is Roy having to run the investigation he is once again having to deal with his boss from hell Cassian Pewe and also the ongoing troubles he and Cleo are still having with his son Bruno from his marriage to his now dead wife Sandy,if you haven't read this series of books from the start then i would highly recommend you do because in my opinion you will not find a better series of books of this genre out there.Peter James is really at the very top of his game in this genre and long may it continue.Another 5 star stunner from Team James !!
Another fantastic instalment to the Roy Grace series. A brilliantly complex storyline keeps Roy in a job, whilst we still get plenty of his home life drama's as well. I really can't fault this book and eagerly await the next one.
I must admit I am a big fan of Peter James and of Roy Grace.  I have enjoyed all the books in this series but must admit I was a little disappointed with this one.  Again, as with all his books it was a complex plot, dealing with internet dating scammers who target elderly, wealthy single people.  A lot of police procedure descriptions, which get a little boring, but we do meet up with old characters and catch up with his wife Cleo, baby Noah and Bruno, the teenage son who has came from Germany to live with them.  Even though this was not my favourite book of the series I look forward to the next one to find out if Roy moves back to the Met and how they cope with Bruno.
Thanks to NetGalley and Pan MacMillan for giving me the opportunity to read and review this book.
this book sees Roy coming to terms with life with his son. The son he never knew existed until recently, so not only that but the new baby in his life too. A family life we never thought he would ever achieve but one  I'm  glad he now has. A  series of books its best to keep up with to get a true sense of the characters , but I must admit to not reading them all in order. The streets of Brighton come to life within the pages a place you get to imagine in wonderful colour even from the comfort of your sofa. The author keeps the tension going all the way through, never letting you catch a breath. From first page to last its a brilliant  read, worthy of place on the bestsellers list of 2019.
Another wonderful Roy Grace book from Peter James, I just love the way he keeps Roy Grace relevant to current issues.  This story tackles the fast growing business of internet romance scammers. There are many broken hearts, broken bank accounts and broken people - and the unexpected return of a past adversary.  There is also a welcome update on his family including the ever more difficult Bruno.  I found the book absorbing, fast paced and exciting and have the greatest respect for the amount of research involved.  I now know a lot more about internet scammers than I ever thought possible.  Well done Peter James, I am looking forward to the next instalment.
This book was just ok for me, I do enjoy the Roy Grace books but I didn't find this one as gripping or realistic at times, seems a little far out there. But overall it was a fast read and a good palette cleanser.
As a long time reader of Peter James's Roy Grace detective novels I have always looked forward to the appearance of the next in the series. In many ways this latest offering does not disappoint - many old familiar characters in the local Sussex  Constabulary are back to entertain, although the reappearance of the American hitman, Tooth, stretches readers' credulity just a little too far, and it's not clear that the somewhat cliched return really adds anything to the plot. However, the central theme is timely, involving the increasingly brazen internet scammers who prey on lonely, mainly older single people who crave a little love and affection in their lives. James constructs a reasonably tense narrative around this basic theme and readers will enjoy the denouement insofar as Grace's nemesis, ACC Pewe, is involved in a way that will provoke a smile on the faces of James's many fans. James's writing is up to its usual standard - very easy to read, with a pleasing rhythm and momentum as the story reaches its satisfying ending. Highly recommended.
I love Peter James and I adore Roy Grace. I was so so looking forward to the latest installment in this series and it certainly didn't disappoint.. the scamming and victims of scamming is very upto date as this stuff goes on in the real world all the time these day. Peter James just has an amazing way of writing books that you simply can not put down . Once you turn that first page your hooked and there's no turning back. If you haven't read the series I'd definitely start at the beginning and grow to love Roy Grace as I have over the years