Lia, Human of Utah

Pub Date:   |   Archive Date: 24 Jul 2019

The story has the potential to grow. I love the story concept, the post-apocalypse and the characters, especially the female protagonist. I really like the way the ending of Book Two. It shows a little moral and that consequences happens. The story is a good concept and I wished that there were more to it than these two books. The first book has its perks. It got a lot of actions and thrills while the second wasn’t as much. The second book felt more like a resolution that came from the first book. It started out like you’ve read the first. It worked because it came together as a set. However, there're some elements missing that makes it a great read. Overall, the story was worth reading with amazing world building, character development, and backstory.
I loved the main character in the book she was a badass. This book was a cross between Grimm and Midnight Texas. I loved all the different monsters. The author did a great job with scene development and the way he described the characters. Thank you NetGalley for allowing me to read this book.
In the year 2342, Lia wakes up to a nightmarish world where the remnants of mankind have mutated into ravaging monsters. Alone and hunted, she struggles to remember who she is and what happened to civilization.
It a apocalyptic world similar to résident evil

I like the part one of the book !
a lot of fighting and action. But the part two...
I stuggle to read it  till the end ...
the story stretch endlessly, with useless elements and the additional  development of the past principal character was useless too for me
It was so hard to decide what rating to give. I think this has a lot of promise but could you some work. I think there's just too much going on. It's an exhausting read and Lia seems to lack any background or reason for her actions, while other characters just are so 2-dimensional. However, there's a lot of possibility with this one, and if the author can make Lia have a bit more heart then I think it would go a long way toward making the story a lot better.
Interesting ideas but a stilted writing style and a basic misunderstanding of women. Not good- couldn't finish it.
Having a strong female lead in an action packed book is becoming normal. Lia represents the type of character most young women would envision themselves as given the same circumstances. This book will also appeal to reader looking for a Zombie or slow fall of Civilization theme. Lia has to think fast and react faster or become prey in a world spiraling out of control.

The occasional use of passive voice sticks out against the other passages that are well written and show action rather than tell. One other major distraction lays in the formatting (digital copy reviewed)  where all the text mashes together in clumps.
I really like Lia's spunk and her ability to take care of herself in situations where most women have little experience with self defense and self determination.

This author is worth following to see future development.