Cover Image: The Mother's Mistake

The Mother's Mistake

This is a brilliant read.
Wonderful well written plot and story line that had me engaged from the start.
Love the well fleshed out characters and found them believeable.
Great suspense and found myself second guessing every thought I had continuousluy.
Can't wait to read what the author brings out next.
Recommend reading.

I was provided an ARC from NetGalley and the publisher.  This is my own honest voluntary review.
Tense chilling a Mothers  Mistake  Kept me racing through the pages.Tense chilling a true page turner.Acauthor Ibwill be following,#netgalley#bookouture
The story prodded me in so many directions that I was in pieces by the time I got to the explosive reveal. And, boy, was it worth it!! The book put me through quite a wringer. This was my first book by author Ruth Heald, and with so many things happening to the main character Claire where she started doubting her own sanity, had me wondering too if I was going bonkers… I literally did not know whom to trust. Generally, with such a main character, I lose interest fast. But Ruth’s writing had me enslaved to my kindle tapping away at the pages. The question burned in my mind like a blazing fire – What was the truth? Why was this happening?

A maze of a book with so many dead ends, my mind kept gathering the suspects. I did guess, but the reason for such an ordeal to occur LITERALLY BLEW MY MIND AWAY!!
Oh my word  what can I say about this book to give it the full credit it deserves.  It was an absolutely fantastic read.  Right from the first chapter I was gripped and it pulled me in all directions. Not knowing who was to be trusted or what to believe.  If you enjoy psychological thrillers I wholly recommend this brilliant book.
What was the mother’s mistake? This book is intense and full o dark secrets and twists. I loved it and would highly recommend it to anyone who likes thrillers.
This was an interesting read.  I think the main problem is that I just couldn't connect to the main character.  There were some twists but most of it seemed a bit predictable.
A great psychological thriller, some good twists. Highly recommend
Thanks to Netgalley for the ARC in return for an honest review.
A great page turner that kept me awake until I was done.  This rollercoaster ride built suspense throughtout and left you with a surprsing ending.
It was a bit slow to start and I thought I worked out quite early who was behind why was going on but..the reason why had eluded me. Great book!
Thank you to netgalley the publishers and the author for this ARC in exchanged for an unbiased review
Thought I worked out quite early who was behind why was going on but wow the reason why! well the ending was just shocking!!
Although you knew there were strange things going on I worked out quite early who was behind it, but not why. I found it a bit slow to start but then couldn’t put it down and was shocked by the outcome.
Overall, I thought this was a good read but I chose to rate it low because it was a bit too drawn out and there were quite a few things within the story that aggravated me. The ending wasn't unexpected but it was good nonetheless.
This was a real nail-biter, I finished it in just over 24 hrs (which for me with 3 children is a real achievement!)
Claire, Matt and their baby daughter move into his grandmother’s old cottage whilst they save for their own home. The house is just opposite Matt’s parents house and in the village he grew up in.
Matt struggles to start up his own vets business and Claire feels despair that she isn’t bonding with her daughter as she should.
Little by little Claire begins to doubt herself, her marriage and her ability to look after her baby.
Matt’s Mum invites his old girlfriend for lunch and this is the start of a tale of lies that unfold.
Thankfully Claire has her new Mummy friend Emma for support and is able to confide in her about her concerns.
Running in the background of this story is a snapshot into the life of an abused wife and mother who finds solace in a helpline.
I guessed a little of what might happen at the end, but have to admit the final twist was a real surprise.  I will look out for more by this author
I read this book in one sitting. It was truly gripping, though I'd worked out a lot of the story, there were still plenty of surprises along the way to keep me interested.
I will be looking out for more from this author as I really enjoyed this book.
It took me a while to get into this book but I am really glad I persevered as it became incredibly gripping, exciting and addictive. It is a real psychological thriller with lots of twists and turns that will leave you discombobulated whilst still desperate to read more. A fantastic, edge of your seat, psychological thriller!
This book was amazing a terrific psychological thriller!!!!

This book has so many twists and turns, I couldn't predict at all how this book would end. Claire's life is absolutely perfect!! She has a great husband a beautifil baby...
Things begin to turn for them when they move onto Matt's parents property. Of course being close to family like that at times can not be a good thing. Claire feels more isolated, more alone then ever. Her mother-in-law doesn't like her to much, as she is home with the baby she starts to hear things.
She finally finds a friend, but then Matt's ex girlfriend starts to work with him, so her imagination runs wild. It drives her crazy, and we all know at some point in life we had our imagination take control of us, and make something into something it wasn't...
This was such an intense story full of twists and turns. i really enjoyed the authors writing style as well and finished this book in 2 days. And i loved that I just couldn’t figure anything out! The author kept a very good secret! :)
The characters were created with such real personalities that this was a book that I got lost inside of. Lost meaning, they were created so real like that I literally got lost inside the story and could picture everything perfectly.
5 stars ⭐️
Thank you #NetGalley, @Bookouture and the author for my free ARC in exchange for my review.
A Terrific Psychological Thriller!

Claire and Matt have moved to the country into a cottage on the property of Ruth who is Matt's mother.   They have a new two month old daughter named Olivia and they are trying to save money for a home of their own.  Claire seems to be suffering from postpartum depression since she is not bonding properly with  her baby and she appears to exhausted and very stressed all the time, unfortunately, Matt and Ruth don't seem to notice and Claire's symptoms continue to worsen.  To make matters worse, Ruth never cleaned out the cluttered cottage  before they moved in and Matt seems intimidated by his mother and she really appears to dislike Claire.   Now, is Claire being paranoid?   What about the noises she hears in the dead of night?   Why does Ruth come into the house without knocking?   What about some odd disturbances that occur only when Claire is alone?   These are only a few of obstacles that Claire is facing and they come with a shadowy feeling of foreboding to herself and the reader.   This is a very cleverly written book that has suspense in every chapter that will continually build until a riveting climax!

I thoroughly enjoyed this book by Ruth Heald and love the way she incorporated so many twists and turns that I could not predict how this book would finally end.   Fantastic way to keep the  reader emerged and on the edge of their seat.   There were some minor discrepancies within the story but it did not affect the storyline and also this was before the final editing.   Do not hesitate to purchase this suspenseful novel or you will find yourself missing out on a really entertaining read!

I want to thank the publisher Bookouture and Netgalley for the opportunity of reading this ARC!

I highly recommend this exciting  book and have given a rating of 4 Suspenseful 🌟🌟🌟🌟 Stars!!
Matt and Claire, along with their 3-month-old baby, Olivia, are moving into a house that once belonged to Matt’s grandmother.  His parents own a house very close to them.  The house had been left as it was when Matt’s grandmother passed away, so they are hoping that his mother will soon clear it out for them.

Claire had miscarried a little girl some time ago and is having a difficult time bonding with Olivia.  She is somewhat unstable and overwhelmed with her motherly duties.

Matt is a veterinarian and is opening a practice.  His mother suggests an old friend of his, Sarah, help in his practice with the administrative duties.  Claire soon learns that Sarah is an ex-girlfriend of Matt’s which makes her jealous.  However, Claire has made a friend named Emma who is the single mother of a baby girl named Lizzie.

Soon, Claire hears odd noises in the house and is not sure whom she can trust.  Having had alcohol problems in the past, she is now tempted to drink too much.  As Claire becomes more and more paranoid, she wonders if there Is someone out to get her and if so, who and why?

The story switches back and forth from that of an abused young mother to Claire’s story.  It’s not until the end of the book that all the puzzle pieces quickly come together to make for a stunning ending.  I enjoyed the book, but found both Claire and the abused woman pathetically helpless.  Weak women make me say “Grrr.”  However, I’m sure readers will enjoy the book.

Copy provided by NetGalley in exchange for a fair and honest review.
I just loved this book and the way this author writes.  It held my interest throughout and all the characters were interesting and I felt as though I knew them all personally.  An addictive psychological thriller, full of twists and turns which  kept me on the edge of my seat throughout with a satisfactory, exciting ending.
I hope to read more from this author in the future, well done Ruth.