Hard Hit

Pub Date:   |   Archive Date: 11 Jul 2019

Great author, one of my favourites!  Absolutely loved it, really good plot and characters.  Love each and every J B Turner story.
Suspense, tension... a really good and well written story!
Interesting storyline...

Glad I had the opportunity to read this through NetGalley.   This is my honest review.  All opinions are my own.
This is an excellent thriller!

A man on drugs drives dangerously through Manhattan, hits a jogging woman in a crosswalk, and races away.  The woman is Reznick's daughter, Lauren, and he is called by Policewoman Isabella Costa.  Reznick rushes to New  York to the hospital.

The police soon find that the car belongs to Aleksander Brutka, a diplomat from Ukraine, who claims an unauthorized, unknown person took his car.  Reznick has a hacker friend who is good at finding things out, and in his usual fashion tries to take matters into his own hands.  The FBI is trying to keep him from getting involved, but he is unstoppable.  The state department claim that Brutka was on diplomatic business and thus can't be charged with the accident.  It turns out the Brutka is not only the man who ran down Reznick's daughter, he is also running drugs and illegally bringing in Ukrainian women as prostitutes.

When the Counterterrorism cops catch Reznick spying on Brutka's apartment, they transfer Lauren to a hospital in Maine and send Reznick off with her.  However, when Lauren finally gets out of her coma and recuperates, they go back to New York.  With the help of FBI Assistant Director Martha Meyerstein and NYPD Acosta, Reznick fights for justice.
Excellent! Loved the fast pace from page 1 that never lets up.  Jon is on a mission to find who hit his daughter in a hit and run.  You would expect the police to quickly find the driver.  But he is a diplomat.  Now it is up to Jon. I totally enjoyed this story. I was up half the night finishing the book.  This is my kind of book, action filled, adrenaline pumping, excellent writing.  Loved it!
Hard Hit continues telling the story of Jon Reznick.  The story rolls along at a lively pace, mixing action and content proportionately.

Although the book deals with the today of things, there are hints of good things to come  possibly with Reznick's daughter starting follow in her father's footsteps.

A well written novel, exactly what you would expect from Turner.
Enjoyed this book. Kept me interested all the way through. Would recommend to a fellow reader.  Love the cover.
Jon Reznick is called to New York when his daughter is hit by a hit and run driver as she is crossing the street at the crosswalk. She is in a coma and not sure if she will survive. Jon starts looking for who did it and finds it was a Ukrainian who works at the UN and has diplomatic immunity.  As Jon investigates him with the help of the NYPD detective Acosta there are many more problems concerning this man. Jon will not give up on get justice for his daughter.
This is the sixth and latest in the Jon Reznick series about a former Delta operative who works off the books for the FBI. I have read all of them, including a novella, in the last couple of years, but while it’s helpful to know the characters, these can easily stand alone as you get all the backstory you need.

Reznick receives a call from New York to say his student daughter Lauren has been knocked over by a speeding hit & run driver and seriously injured. When the police reveal that it was a foreign diplomat, now claiming immunity, Jon calls on his hacker friend once again to discover the man’s identity, and ruthlessly goes after him to ensure he pays, but the State Department have their own reasons for protecting him so are determined to stop Jon exacting vengeance.

As ever, this was a fast paced smoothly written action thriller. We see a softer side of Jon as he waits helplessly for his daughter to wake up from a coma, and being back in New York also brings back memories of his wife, who died on 9/11. On the other hand, I did have a problem with him pursuing Brutka without knowing for sure that he’s guilty, and before he finds out what a crook he is. The pursuit of vengeance to appease his ego, when it doesn’t help his daughter whatsoever, at the risk of his own life and liberty, did not sit well with me. Obviously once he does find out what Brutka’s been up to, then taking him down is the right thing.

I liked that this time Martha Meyerstein is firmly on his side after her relative disloyalty in the last book, and am OK with the idea of them pursuing something more than friendship after six books.
The revelations about what Lauren has been up to were interesting too, and I look forward to seeing whether she has a role as more than a victim in future books.

My thanks to NetGalley and the publisher for the arc which allowed me to give an honest review. Hard Hit is available now.
This well written book is full of action, and the plot and the characters are great. Very easy to read, with a clear timeline and natural dialogue. Some things are a little strange, but this is fiction, and I would have liked the author to use a fictional country instead of the Ukraine.
HARD. HIT. J B Turner
Jon’s daughter Lauren was a victim of a hit and run, out jogging when struck by a car.. Lucky she has no lasting injuries, that soon changed.
Detective Acosta meets with Jon, heard he doesn’t always go by rules, would he be a problem in the investigation of who hit Lauren.
Brutka.was concerned about his grandfather, that a stranger was asking questions about a Bub Smith. Making his grandfather disturbed and unsettled. He had appointment with a lawyer, of the hit and run accident.  Did an employee of the embassy take the car. They need this to be resolved as soon as possible.
For Jon the investigation is slow, he wants answers..Time to think sitting by Lauren’s bed side as she fights for her life. He starts to investigate, and the more he uncovers. Not playing by rules, or what the FBI wants him to do.
His books are great, the plot flows, this book seems personal to us as readers that have been following him. Of his love for Lauren.
Given ARC by Net Galley and Amazon UK for my voluntary review and my honest opinion.
Hard Hit
(Jon Reznick #6)
by J.B. Turner

Kindle Edition, 282 pages
Published April 25th 2019 by Thomas & Mercer

Goodreads synopsis:
He’s fighting for justice while she fights for her life.

With his daughter lying in the hospital, struck down in a reckless hit-and-run, the only thing Jon Reznick can do is wait—and plot his revenge. Not satisfied with the slow-moving police investigation, he starts his own manhunt.

He discovers that the car belongs to a high-ranking diplomat whose interests are closely tied to those of the United States government, and this man may not be what he appears. The FBI wants Reznick to back down, but the more information Jon digs up, the more questions he finds. Was it a simple accident, or is there more to it? How many young women’s lives has this man ruined? Lauren’s life hangs in the balance, and Jon must get answers, no matter the cost—to him or the government.

With the help of a dedicated NYPD detective who has suspicions of her own, as well as FBI Assistant Director Martha Meyerstein, Jon Reznick will have to fight for his daughter while she fights for her life.

***

4.5 Stars

This is definitely a movie worthy thriller. I can totally see Liam Nesson or Bruce Willis in the role of Jon Reznick. This is book six in the Jon Redneck series and a new author for me.

Basic premise is that a Ukrainian diplomat ran over Reznick’s daughter who was out jogging one morning. Hit and run. But since he is a diplomat he has diplomatic immunity and won’t get in trouble for what he sees as a minor infraction. NYPD and FBI have been wanting to take this guy down for years but the State Department is being difficult. The have their own agenda and are overlooking what turns out to be a ton of bad things that would make any normal person pale in fright.

This book was quite a roller-coaster ride. Reznick has no fear about jumping into trouble and and uses every source he has to bring down the bad guys. When I got to the halfway point, I wasn’t sure how this book could be resolved. Seemed like everyone on the side of good was between a rock and a hard place.

I thought the resolution was nice and I enjoyed how they got so many of the departments together to take down not only Alexi but his grandfather who ended up working for the Natzis back in the day.

I am sure anyone who loves a good thriller would eat this book up. It is an excellent high paced action adventure with heart.

I received this as an ARC (Advanced Reader Copy) in return for an honest review. I thank NetGalley, the publisher and the author for allowing me to read this title.
Another Jon Reznick thriller has lots of action as Reznick tries to find out who struck his daughter in a hit and run. In his unconventional way, he will did the truth but justice is not always reachable when the driver is a out of control diplomat. Working loosely with FBI and NYPD, Resnick will fight to the end for justice. Recommended!
Jon Reznick #6

Set in New York. Jon Reznick's daughter has been knocked over by a hit and run driver. Jon is military trained and he's occasionally helped out the FBI. His wife was killed in 9/11, so his daughter is all he has left. Jon wants revenge I whoever it was that was behind his daughters accident.

I have not read any of the books in this series but I do think it reads well as a standalone. The story is believable and the characters are true to life. It's a book you don't want to say to much about as you don't want to spoil it for other readers. All in, a decent enough read.

I would like to thank NetGalley, Amazon Publishing UK and the author J. B. Turner for my ARC in exchange for an honest review.
Thank you Netgalley, the publisher and J.B. Turner.
In this story, Jon Reznick  daughter  is a victim of a hit and run. He needs to find the culprit and bring them to justice.
In this fast paced, action packed story, Jon finds himself faced with much more than he anticipated while searching for the driver of the car that hit his daughter.
I really enjoy Jon’s character and cannot wait for the sequel.
Highly recommend.
I really couldn’t put this book down! I loved the short chapters, I loved Jon Reznick and will now go back and read previous books (and hopefully future books!). I have already recommended this to friends and family.
Thanks to Netgalley for the chance to read this.
You could pretty much substitute the name Jon Reznick with maybe one of a half dozen similar type fictional hero’s and the storyline would still work.  However it pays to be blinkered and just go with it, you soon get immersed. Good versus evil as ever but with a few twists and an omnipresent “greater good” state department clogging the works until Reznick and the Hacker (there’s a title) get to the bottom of a Diplomats wrong doings, which started with Reznicks daughter and ended with…… well read it. For those of us that enjoy a little fantasy time off it’s a good read.
Hard Hit is the first Jon Reznick book that I have read and it is an enjoyable action thriller with our hero taking on the baddies who have this time made it personal.

The author knows how to keep the action coming and the reader entertained and I would definitely recommend this book if you like this genre
Hard hit
By J.B. Turner

4 stars

Fast paced action thriller.

With a fast paced story line, and action on every second page, the latest in the Jon Renshaw Series will not disappoint.

The story has great tension between the lead characters, which adds colour to the story.

The story flows well and fast, with action continually drawing the reader in.

#HardHit #NetGalley
A thriller from the beginning to the end! Jon Reznick, former Delta, who has worked for the F.B.I receives a call that his daughter is in the hospital, the victim of a hit and run. He arrives at her bedside to find that she is alert, but things take a turn for the worse and she is put in a medically induced coma. Will she survive? As Jon learns who is responsible for her accident, a foreign diplomat with immunity, he becomes enraged and proceeds to do what he does best. He will use his many talents and all sources available when the investigation stalls, and this time it is personal. The local NYPD and Feds know that they cannot contain Jon Reznick when he is determined to right a wrong. I have read and thoroughly enjoyed all of the Jon Reznick thrillers. Once you start, you will not want to stop until the end of the book – non-stop action! I know I would love to have a “Jon Reznick” on my side. Terrific read! I received an advance review copy at no cost and without obligation for an honest review. (by paytonpuppy)
Hard Hit  by author J.B.Turner
 A fast paced political thriller involving Jon Reznick .
His daughter is struck by a hit and run driver who turns out to be a Ukrainian diplomate.
Because the driver uses his diplomatic immunity Jon has to fight even harder for justice in the country he fought for and loves.
Well recommend and give four stars