Cover Image: The Friend Zone

The Friend Zone

Football and romance, the perfect combo for Fall.

Logan Hunt is down on his luck - star football player kicked out of school for anger issues stemming from his past. He gets a chance to play for a new school with a new coach- one with lots of rules like no drugs. drinking or girls.  Jess is the daughter of the coach and the math tutor.

She and Logan have undeniable chemistry. The story was at the same time sweet and yet deep. The characters have troubles in their past and true connection. A quick read and HEA.
The Friend Zone is a great NA romance.  I love Logan. He’s a troubled character who’s fighting for redemption.  His friendship with Jess is beautiful as it develops and grows. It is touching and romantic. And then there’s their chemistry.
In all the fun of a good forbidden romance, they aren’t allowed to date and have to fight their feelings.
I love this book. It’s a fantastic college sports romance!
This book had a great start, a slow middle and a good ending. It was strange to follow it through, in the middle I really thought about giving it up. Thankfully the ending picked up just enough to make this book enjoyable.
It was a cute start to the book, Jess was like wait till you hear the rules from coach. After why happen to her at a former school I can totally see why coach made the rules for his team. When you are dealing with guys and giving them one final shot to play a game they all love following the rules is the only way to maintain his respect on this team. The ending is super sweet and Logan and Jess just feel so real in this story. The middle was a little slow but the author wrapped up the story nicely.
I really enjoyed this one! Fun plot, likable characters and well written. I always know when I pick up a book by Sariah Wilson that I am in for a fun read. She has a great way of keeping things light, but also gets you thinking. Swoony romance is always a great bonus as well.
Book Review- The Friend Zone by Sariah Wilson

I love this author.  I’ve read several of her books.  I was excited to read this one.  As I started reading, I could actually picture the characters as real people.  Logan, being a football player getting a last chance to play.  He signs up with a great coach with a lot of rules to follow.  I like how Logan tries to stick to the rules.
Jess is the coach’s daughter who had an incident happen at a party.  She was devastated and trying to move on but her past keeps being thrown in her face.  She has a crush on a fellow math tutor.  Logan decides to help her land her crush as payment for tutoring him in math.
Of course, you know as you read the book that they will fall for each other.  Jess is confused about both boys.  Logan wants Jess but she is completely off limits.  There is lots of football dreams that Logan is chasing.  I love how he puts things in perspective in the end.  I also like how Jess comes to her own conclusions about life and what she wants.  It is a great story and I LOVE THE ENDING SCENES! I can’t wait to read more.  I give it a 4 out of 5.
This had potential but in the end fell a little short for me.

It started off well, with Logan getting a second chance after getting kicked out of school.
Jess is the daughter of the coach giving him a second chance and totally off limits.
They hit it off from the start with some barbs and sarcasm to hide how they were really feeling.

I liked how the story started developing, with their friendship, their heartache at various things that happened in their lives.

Towards the half way point though I felt like the story was losing its way.
The second half just felt very rushed,  and whilst I enjoyed the first half the second half I felt it was just okay.

I enjoyed the happy ever after conclusion, I would have just enjoyed a bit more of a lead up to the "I love you" bit
I enjoyed this story about two people coming together, first as friends, before falling in love. Logan tries to help Jess win over Ben. He and Jess deny their attraction to each other because they are both very aware that Logan is banned from dating.

It was lovely to read a romance that had the couple actually liking each other and falling in love - not just falling into bed overpowered by lust - not that they'd admit that to themselves to start with, let alone each other. Recommended.
This is my first read by Sariah Wilson and it was a nice surprise!This is a love story between Logan, a football player who gets second chance finishing his degree and also play ball in collage and Jess, coach daughter who has been trough some stuff at her former collage and stays away from athletes. This book was so much fun to read. The dialogue was witty and flirty, the attraction and chemistry between the characters was something else!I loved Logan, he is great book boyfriend material!This story took some twist and turns I wasn’t expecting and I loved  the writing a lot!
This story kept me interested throughout and I found it very enjoyable. The storyline was well written and the characters were very likeable. I enjoyed reading this book.
This was a cute, sweet, slow burn read and one that, while I was reading it, I did enjoy. But it was also a read that I had no trouble putting down in favor of doing something else. So it ends up in that strange gray area of a story I simply liked, but not loved in the way I was hoping to.

I liked Jess and Logan. These two are good people who went through some pretty bad things and are doing everything within their powers to move forward and be more. I loved their bantering and even though they were both fighting their attraction to each other ~ for a multitude of reasons ~ it was blatantly obvious that there was so much more going on and could be something amazing if only they let it be. The roadblocks in their way were many, some of which they had no control over, while others had me rolling my eyes, I did really like where they were at in the end.

These are always the hardest reviews to write for me because the writing was engaging and I did enjoy the story and characters overall, but that need to keep reading regardless of what was going on around me, that feeling of irritation at being made to put the book down when you don’t want to, just wasn’t there. But it happens from time to time. There were some triggers in this one, but they were handled with a light hand when they were brought up. As for the secondary cast of characters, I loved Bash and Keilani and though Coach did go to a couple of extreme’s, I couldn’t help but understand. So, if you are looking for a sweet, slow burn sports romance, then I’d give this one a looksie.
The Friend Zone is my first read by this author and it certainly will not be my last, I really enjoyed this cute sports romance.
Logan thought his football career was over but he is given a second chance but there are rules that go with this opportunity, no drinking, no drugs, no swearing, keep your grades up and definitely no dating and that means the coaches daughter Jess is off limits.......
What follows is a friendship where Logan and Jess have a lot of meetings that are not dates ......this is a fun entertaining sweet sports romance that captivated me from the first page and I’m looking forward to hopefully reading about some of the secondary characters from The Friend Zone.
I loved  this book!!  Logan and Jess drew me in!  They both had issues in the past but affected them now but love as they got to know each other.  Loved the characters supporting them  thoughout the book. Sariah Wilson writes a great book here!
What a sweet read! I really liked the relationship between Logan and Jess! Their connection was so deep and unbreakable. This read was a deliciously slow burn but so perfect with how everything unfolded. I really like the author's wit and humor that was woven into the book. I laughed out loud so many times. This book was full of emotion and heartbreak but also so much satisfaction and love.
The Friend Zone by Sariah Wilson is a college sports romance. Logan is a quarterback with a troubled past which results in anger management and a spot on a junior college football team. Jess is the football coach's daughter and Logan's tutor. Logan has to balance academic, the team, and his mounting attraction to Jess while working towards his goals.
This is another winner for Sariah Wilson. I really loved the characters and their relationships. This setting reminded me a lot of Last Chance U on Netflix. I would recommended this sweet romance. Thanks Montlake Romance and NetGalley for the ARC of this title.
Fans of Sariah Wilson will love her new book!  Logan is on his last chance as a football player.  Jess is tutoring him in math and is off limits for him to date so they decide to just be friends.  But will just friends be enough?  Will they risk everything to be together?
Well written, good story.
Enjoyable read.
Thank you to both NetGalley and the publishers for giving me the opportunity to read this book in exchange for my honest unbiased review
When I see a new book by Sariah Wilson I know it's going to have great dialogue between the characters, and a swoony yet clean romance with lots of sparks. Her latest didn't disappoint. It has great characters and dialogue and a sizzling romance between people that were trying so hard to stay "just friends".

I loved Logan!! He's had a tough life and his temper got him thrown out of his last college, which is how he ended up at Edwin O'Leary College, aka EOL. Which also stands for End of the Line as in last chance. Logan's holding onto his last chance with everything he has because getting his degree is so important to him. He doesn't care how many rules Coach has, he plans to keep every one of them. I loved that he didn't care if the other players were sneaking around doing things against the rules, he wasn't going to join them. I loved his nicknames for Ben, the guy Jess thinks she's into. My favorite was "Has Ben". 😂

I liked Jess. She had had a terrible thing happen during her freshman year but she didn't let it destroy her. I admire people (even fictional ones) that are great at math and Jess is. That's how she ends up spending so much time with Logan. Lucky girl. I loved her snarky comments about Danielle. My favorite "I despise her with the fiery, burning intensity of a thousand urinary tract infections." 😂

I really liked that Logan and Jess were friends for awhile before they admitted their feelings for one another and kissed, although it took so long I thought I might die from the anticipation, but it was totally worth the wait. I don't know where the author comes up with such great dialogue for her characters but I love it. I always start marking things I think are funny but have to stop because I'd mark half the book.

I almost forgot there's a cameo of Evan "Awesome" Dawson!! #Awestruck

As content goes there's kissing, some make-out scenes, talk of child neglect and abuse, mention of date rape drug and almost rape with no details.

Thank you Montlake Romance and NetGalley for my copy. All thoughts expressed in this review are mine.
This book was pretty amazing and had me feeling so many things. The chemistry between the characters was off the charts and kept your attention.  The stipulations for the “no swearing” rule will have you laughing out loud many times. It has everything I look for in a great romance novel. I devoured it and couldn’t stop until I was done. she has quite the characters who had very real situations and were well developed. You definitely were rooting for them to end up together once you saw how perfect they were together. A romance novel every should!! It is clean and you can share with your grandma 😍

Logan and Jess love spending time together. What starts as friends going on “non-dates” turns into so much more. They have everything they need right in front of them but won’t acknowledge it.  In the end, it all works out and you fall in love all over again after reading their story.
I both read and listened to this book and loved it both ways!  This is a sweet (but swoony) story about 2 peoples struggling with their own demons.  Both characters were very likable and I was sad when the story was over because I was enjoying it so much!!