Vow of Justice

Pub Date:   |   Archive Date: 6 Sep 2019

Vow of Justice Is the fourth book in the Blue Justice series by Lynette Eason.  Lincoln St. John is providing support as his partner Ally Radcliffe is working undercover in a Russian mob boss' house.  As the op falls apart and the danger mounts, Eason drops the reader into an intricate plot involving kidnapping, long lost relatives, and people coming back from the dead keeping the reader flipping pages until the end.  Eason focuses more on Ally than Lincoln, but concludes with giving updates on the entire St. John clan.
Vow of Justice by Lynette Eason

Rating: 4 out of 5 stars

______________________________________________________________________________

Story Notes

Lynette Eason brings readers the much anticipated conclusion to the Blue Justice series that will have you holding your breath and hoping the bad guys get caught ASAP.

I’ve learned over the years not to start a Lynette Eason book before bedtime if I expect to get any sleep. This one was no different and I managed to wait until daylight hours to begin this anticipated bullet train of a story. It begins with the death of Allison Radcliffe, the love of Lincoln St. John’s life. She has been undercover in a Russian Mafia boss’s house in an attempt to bring his long crime spree to an end. Things didn’t go as planned and Allie finds herself in the middle of a very dangerous game of cat and mouse. Pretending to be dead at the moment is the only way that she and her boss can think of to keep her reasonably safe, even if it means hurting her friends and former boyfriend, Linc. But it soon becomes necessary to let him in on the ruse if they expect to solve the case and find their missing witness. Linc’s anger over being deceived is more than expected and Allie will have to earn his trust back soon if they are to have any chance at a future relationship. When they are thrown together in a race to find the missing witness/daughter of the Mafia boss, they will be given ample opportunity to develop trust in each other which they will need to close out the case. But their future together will not be possible unless they work through the past and let go of the hurts they have from each other and others. The entire case will come to a terrifying end and their choices will make or break their relationship, if they are brave enough to attempt one again. Ms. Eason has a way of crafting a story that draws you closer with each turning page. You have to know what happens, you have to know who the hidden criminal is, you have to know if the main characters will stay together or walk away. There is no setting down of these books without much disgruntlement and I, for one, read it in one day. I really enjoyed the suspense she included without going overboard. Everything was realistic and plausible while still remaining relatively non-gory and clean. The sharp wit and spicy dialogue between the main characters was fun to read and made me laugh aloud several times. Snappy wit is a must for a book to hold my attention. I also enjoyed the inclusion of spiritual journeys for the main characters that flowed well with the story. It was not overpowering but also did not shy away from answering tough questions or delivering hard truths. I will certainly be recommending this book and the series to others as I am sure they will find it engaging and highly suspenseful. Very much looking forward to what is next from Ms. Eason.

I received this ARC E-book from Revell Publishing via NetGalley and am providing a review. I will receive no fiscal compensation for this review and the opinions expressed herein are entirely my own.
The story line might be a bit over the top, but the novel is suspenseful, the characters lovable and the pace is fast.
Lynette Eason has a gift for teeth-clenching suspense, and unexpected twists. Vow of Justice tells the story of FBI Special Agent Linc St. John and his partner Allison Radcliffe. When she dies during an op, he goes after her killer, only to discover that he's been duped. Allie didn't die, but the danger to her is very real. Can both of them survive long enough to find the REAL killers, and save a teenage girl from the mob's wrath?

There is a reason I read every book Eason writes, and Vow of Justice is a case in point. I can't tell you how often I "jumped" as I mentally put myself into the story, only to have one of the characters startle me with their action. The suspense screams, and the back-stories - especially Allie's - are well-done.

If you love romantic suspense stories, pick up anything Eason writes! You'll be hooked from the first book. While Vow of Justice is #4 in the Blue Justice series, it can be read as a stand-alone. You'll want to read the rest though, since each book features another St. John sibling, and all have amazing stories to tell.
If you've read all the books in Lynette Eason’s Blue Justice series up until now, you’ve probably fallen in love with the St. John family and if you haven’t read any of the books, you are bound to fall in love with Linc St. John and the rest of the St. John family in this fourth installment. The siblings bring a little levity to a storyline that is fraught with crime, fake deaths, intrigue, traitors, and more. Some people may be able to figure out who is behind everything that happens to Linc and Allie but the motivation behind it remains a secret until Allie herself finds out. This is an excellent addition to the Christian romantic suspense genre.
It is no secret that I enjoy reading suspense novels. This author is always one of my go to authors when wanting a book filled with intrigue. She writes characters that pop off the page with realism. I have been waiting for this book and couldn't wait to dive in.

When someone has done something wrong to us, we think for a moment how sweet it would be to get revenge. Of course we don't take action. In this fast paced story we find Special Agent Linc against the wall when he loses his partner. You can feel his anger and disbelief that someone was able to kill his partner.

I loved how Allie's past becomes the center of the story and the secrets that unravel as time goes on. There is more to Allie than Linc knew. Her secrets start to pile up and leaves Linc wondering if he really ever knew her. The plot is exceptional and intense with revenge as a real possibility for one of the characters.

Allie is in deep with undercover work and needs help to find her way  to the truth. Her journey is one that is hard at times as she has to accept that it is not her place to take action against someone. Can Linc and Allie find a way to work together? The story is a roller coaster ride as we read how revenge can take over if they aren't grounded in faith. It is a wonderful story that I loved reading and was filled with many surprises.

I received a copy of this book from the Early Reviewers Program of LibraryThing. The review is my own opinion.
Each book in this series featuring the St. John family has been suspenseful and absorbing.  This book, featuring Allie and Linc’s storyline, has been my favorite.  Allie is quite a compelling character. She’s tough, driven, and  resourceful.  Because she’s needed to keep her younger years a secret, the officers she’s worked with have considered her something of a mystery.  But that didn’t keep Linc St. John from falling in love with her.  As Allie’s undercover assignment goes terribly wrong, Linc is the one who must fight to keep her alive.  However, as Allie’s past becomes her present, it places all she lives in great danger, too.  This storyline had a couple of twists in it that I did not see coming, and the ending kept me turning pages as quickly as I could.  Lynette Eason is one of my favorite Christian suspense authors, and I always appreciate the emphasis in trusting God she has as an emphasis in her stories.

I received a copy of this book from the publisher.  All opinions are my own.
Lincoln and Allison are partners, and close friends besides. Then they are on a boat that's blown up and Alli is spirited away, badly hurt, while Linc is rescued ... and told that Alli is dead. He is devestated vows to serve justice to the responsible party. He has an idea of where to start looking, but he has no idea that these events are tied to her past.

Alli has a very traumatic past and in fact joined the FBI in order to bring the responsible parties to justice, which has turned in to getting revenge. Which agenda will win out?

I am really enjoying this series, one of my top favourites of this year. I am enjoying the St John siblings and the significant others they are picking up along the way. I have to say, though, this time I felt really smart. I was suspicious of the right person from fairly early in the story.

This book has been provided courtesy of Baker Publishing Group and Graf-Martin Communications, Inc. Available at your favourite bookseller from Revell, a division of Baker Publishing Group.
Have enjoyed many books by Lynette,  this is no exception.  The St John family is a huge reminder of the things a family can be to others and how to be there together.  This is not exception.  It was good to be reminded of God's constant  love and care for  each person.
I books by Lynette Eason and this one absolutely did not disappoint. I love that she wrote this Blue Justice series and I especially loved the Badge of Honor in the front of the book. I was very sad to see this series end. But I love that she touched all of the prominent characters in the book.

I love how brave Allison was in this book, especially as a women I love strong female leads. But I also loved the crime boss's daughter and her strength and knowledge. Both of these female characters stole my attention and heart right from the beginning. And of course there was Linc. He has always been a favorite character from his cameos in the other novels. I think his connection to the case and his hard work ethic and love for christ made him a perfect lead for the final book in this series.

Full of a lot of twists and turns, it was still slightly predictable however Lynette's writing style still keeps you on your toes throughout the whole book.

Like most of hers, I didn't find it preachy and felt like the amount of faith and discussion about God, gave the characters hope and connection. I will definitely be picking up her next book in whatever series that might be.
Love Lynette Eason. You will recognize many characters from past books, with some new ones thrown in. With all the hints and omniscient view, the reader suspects what is coming and follows the characters as they discover the why and how. Amazing book. Can not wait for the next one.
This is a very well-written and well-modulated book. It reads like an action-thriller movie. The author does a great job of describing the fast-moving scenes. She also seems to have a firm grasp of the more technical aspects of defence/investigative/FBI work.

As a stand-alone novel, it works well. I had only read the first in the series before reading this (missing the two in the middle). I think I would have enjoyed the reading experience a lot more if I had read all of them in order. However, there are no gaps or parts that need extra explaining. I liked the match of Linc and Allie and how Allie's character was unravelled along with the plot. The main villain was not a surprise though, although his intentions were not at all what I imagined. So, that in itself was a twist.

This book gets 4 stars from me, primarily because as nice a read as it was, I didn't find it exceptionally captivating (probably because I didn't follow the series diligently and was just not as invested in the characters and their respective story arcs as I could have been).

Many thanks to Revell and Ms Eason for providing access to this book via NetGalley.
Justice and Revenge are not the same things - a lesson that would be difficult to learn and to live out for FBI Special Agent Allison Radcliffe. She would come face to face with people who had killed her family 15 years ago, she would also see the brother she thought she had lost in the same events and whom she thought dead. The tears would flow. But in the middle of all the pain and confusion, her faith would grow in unexpected ways.

Lynette Eason has written a faith-based thriller that would compete well with the likes of NCIS:LA or Criminal Minds if found on TV. The plot is solid with just enough turns to keep the reader wanting more. And if the hint embedded at the end of the book is any clue, more is to come.

Unlike her earlier book, Code of Valor, the book does not focus on a cultural issue, but on more personal issues that many face, Maybe not as intense as Allie’s, but just as real. The book would be a welcome addition to the church library - either as part of the set of four books in the series or as an independent purchase. It would also serve as a welcome addition to the public library willing to include faith-based books in its collection. Any reader enjoying well-written thrillers would find the book a good weekend’s worth of reading.
______________
This review is based on a free electronic copy provided by the publisher for the purpose of creating this review. The opinions expressed are my own.
I love Lynette Eason’s novels and this one is one of her best. From the first page you are drawn in to the plot and wondering what was happening next. Fast paced and plenty of suspense. I love how the St John family weaves in and out of the story. It reminded of the O’Malley series by author Dee Henderson, which is one of my favorite series.  It has the same excitement and she builds the characters to be an important part in the book.
Like a good mystery you spend a lot of time trying to figure out if a certain character is a friend or traitor.
 I hate that I have finished it and will read again soon.
Finished this book in one day! Couldn't put it down! If you are looking for a fast paced book that has great characters and a storyline that will draw you in... then grab this book. Lots of mystery and suspense and romance thrown in!

I received a complimentary copy of this book from NetGalley on behalf of the Publisher and was under no obligation to post a favorable review.
A really enjoyable suspense novel from Lynette Eason.  It had a great story line, lots of action and many likeable characters.  I loved the twists and turns and how the story all came together in the end.
If you are a fan of christian suspense then I highly recommend this book.

Thank you to the publishers for a free copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.
I have loved this series from book one and this has not left me disappointed! Allie has to pretend she's dead to stay alive while looking for the evidence that Daria has hidden. Meanwhile, Linc tries to find justice for his friend,his partner, the person he loves... But he finds out more! I also was surprised by a few things in this story but not the ending, i love happy endings!
This is the fourth book in the Blue Justice series.  You do not need to read the other three books to enjoy this one but I recommend reading them because they are all so good.   This has a great amount of suspense and just enough romance for me to enjoy.  I loved the characters.  I received a copy of this book from Revell for a fair and honest opinion that I gave of my own free will.
There were twists and turns from beginning to end. Just when I thought things were calming down something else happens. The book opens with FBI agent Allie undercover at a crime boss house trying to collect information that would convict him, but instead her cover gets blown. She then gets caught in a bomb explosion and her partner Linc is told she is dead. Linc vows to bring her killer to justice, only to learn a little while later that she is in fact alive. Allie feels she must stay “dead” to the world in order to protect the people she cares about until the bad guy (or guys) is caught. With the help of Linc and his family she tries to figure out how the villain seems to know their every step. Meanwhile she is also trying to keep her distance from Linc because she is beginning to find herself having feelings for him she does not want. I enjoyed that St. John family members from previous books not only made appearances in this story, but some were also actively involved in the investigation. I have been connected to each family member.

Early into the story I was pretty sure I knew who the bad guy was but couldn’t figure out what their motive could be.  While I was correct on determining who the bad guy was, I was taken by surprise when the motivation was revealed. If you enjoy suspense with a touch of romance I recommend this book, but be sure to read the series in order to get fully appreciate the character development.
Title:  Vow of Justice

Author:  Lynette Eason

Series:  Blue Justice book 4

Chapters: 21 Plus epilogue

Pages: 336

Genre: Christian Romantic Suspense

Rating: 5 stars

Vow of Justice is the fourth and final book in the Blue Justice series. We finally get oldest Brother (I believe) Linc St. John's story. The FBI agent brother, who's been burned before when it comes to romance. When his partner and the woman he is falling in love with Allison  Radcliffe is killed  Linc wants to go after her killer even though he's suppose to be on medical leave.  But all it's what it seems.  Linc will have to put his feelings aside to bring a killer to justice before someone he cares about truly does become the next victim.

All in all this book was a nice wrap up of the series, though I still wish Derek had gotten his own book as well.  But I did enjoy getting to visit back with the St. John family in which pretty much almost all members of the family are involved in some form of law enforcement, law, or medical basically jobs that allow them to serve the public. I mean with a dad who's a lawyer and a mom who's the Police Chief it doesn't seem like  these siblings would have chosen any other career let a lone a life on the wrong side of the law.

This book like the first three books that are Izzy's, Chole's and Brady's stories and the novella that is Ruthie's give me Blue Blood vibes.  I love books about the blue family. It stems from me being a blue family myself.   The seen in the epilogue is adorable and to me the perfect way to end the series.

Even though each book in the series is technically a standalone because it focuses on a different sibling I recommend and encourage reading them in order because if not you will spoil endings of other books in the series.  The order is  Oath of Honor, Called to Protect, Code of Ethnics the novella, Code of Valor and finally Vow of Justice.

I would recommend this book to anyone who enjoys Christian  suspense , Christian Romantic Suspense, a good law enforcement novel or the TV Show Blue Bloods.

I received a copy of this book from the publisher through netgalley. I was not required to write a positive review. All opinions expressed are mine alone.

I received a copy of this book from the publisher as part of a blog tour. I was not required to write a positive review. All Opinions  expressed are mine alone.