Lords of Deception

Pub Date:   |   Archive Date: 31 Dec 2019

You can get bad books, average books, good books and then there are books you wish you could wipe from your memory so that you can relive the experience of reading it for the first time again.  This is one of those books!

Lords of Deception – An Earthpillar Novel is set in a medieval fantasy setting with a weak king and nobles struggle to remain loyal.  The chapters are given in characters points of views, which as always helps the reader get a better understanding and connection.  The plot is unique and moves at a great pace, (can't say more without giving away spoilers), the characters themselves are fascinating and relatable.  It is refreshing to get a book in which you have a warrior scholar in the one vessel as I'm used to so many books having either one or the other.  I cant wait till the next installment, and this series is my new obsession..  Christopher C. Fuchs.....write faster!

Thank you to NetGalley and the publisher Loremark Publishing for this electronic advanced readers copy of this novel in return for an honest review.  All opinions are my own.
This tale was quite intriguing. It's been a while since I've read a medieval-like high fantasy novel. I also liked the idea of Arasemis being a warrior-scholar. Usually, a character is designed to be one or the other. I found all the characters to be intriguing and I loved that it jumped from one character to another. I prefer to be able to capture the story from multiple perspectives, so I love being able to follow different characters!
I really enjoyed the book and am looking forward to the sequel.   Characters are well developed and plot moves quickly.   The plot was unique.