Cover Image: I Know You're There

I Know You're There

I found this to be a really good read. I like short chapters. Tick! I like different narratives. Tick tick!
Starts off with a punch and carries on. Especially pleased with the ending. Won’t spoil it but it goes this stand-alone novel off.
Really enjoyable read. Good characters and a Good story. Well worth a read. Think others will enjoy.
Unfortunately I just couldn't click with the writing in this book and I had to DNF it as I was really struggling. 've see plenty of fantastic reviews for this book though so it may be worth reading through these.
his book got off to a really slow and confusing start and never really got any better for me.

I will say that the author did a great job of leaving the reader feeling pretty off balanced and never quite sure exactly what was happening.

This one really just didn't work for me.
Tension was built very slowly throughout the book. The character of Natalie is well written and I found myself questioning what was reality and not, I was guessing throughout which I think it a good thing. A cast of characters making up her neighbours, all were interesting and yet grabbed my interest. Typically seeming to be supportive, I questioned if any had hidden motives.
Enjoyed the writing style and will definitely be looking to read more by the author.
I  enjoyed this book about Natalie and her three neighbors who each have an apartment in the building.  Each person has had their share of past family traumas and are currently dealing with issues that they would rather keep private, however,  each one is receiving strange notes from someone who seems to know what each person may be hiding.  A good domestic drama with a little mystery/suspense thrown in. I  thank Netgalley for the opportunity to read and review this book.
This was another book that I had a hard time putting down, and with my hectic work and family schedule it can be hard during the summer to make time to read.
This is the story of neighbors who all live in the same apartment building and their relationships with each other,When the neighbors start receiving postcards from someone who seems to know a lot of personal information about them,mistrust,paranoia and suspension starts to spread throughout the house. I enjoyed reading this novel and while the story dragged at times I would recommend this book.
Thanks to netgalley for the opportunity to have read another great read.  This was an entertaining read, and kept me glued to the pages until the end.  Recommended.
St Ives (Cornwall), a small block of flats where the inhabitants  all know each other very well, but not as well as they think.  Great location, enticing cover with an intriguing storyline, so why only 2 stars?  I just did not like how it was written at all.  So slow to get going, maybe shorter would have made it much more readable ( for me at least).  Sorry but this particular book wasn’t for me on this occasion.
Thanks to NetGalley for an early copy in return for an honest review
A very good read and one I can highly recommend to others.
I could not put this down.
Thoroughly enjoyable with an amazing cast of characters that you cannot help but engage with.
Four roommates, all of them with their own secrets. Natalie comes from an abusive childhood, Daniel is sweet but always afraid, Mo is the steadfast motherly one and Nigel is old reliable.  This is a very slow-paced story, and Natalie spends the whole book worrying -0 about everything! And someone knows all their secrets and keeps them in suspense trying to figure out who is leaving them these revealing notes. Thank you to the publisher and #NetGalley for allowing me to read this story.
I really wanted to love this one but I had a hard time getting into it and following along! I did enjoy the end but I feel like I missed out on a lot and I probably need to reread it again and see if I can make more sense the second time around. So, 3 for now with the option to up or lower later when I reread.
I can say that I will search out more of Sarah's books to see what else she has to offer. I feel like I could really love her stuff...just not this one.
Thank you netgalley.  Nat, Mo, Daniel, and Nigel each have an apartment in a four apartment building.  They have all become friendly, but what do they really know about each other.  They all have their secrets.  What will they learn about each other, as they all discover they are receiving notes from some "unknown" person.  Read this and find out.
I really enjoyed the author's previous book, Her Greatest Mistake, so I was very excited to read her latest novel. Sadly this one did not work well for me. Whilst I am always intrigued by several POVs, the danger is that some voices just don't engage as well as others, which was the case here. I found myself drifting and losing interest with some characters, and it was a real struggle to pick the book back up again. Some slow burns work well for me, and some don't, and sadly this was a case of the latter. I am conceding that this book is not right for me at this time and will leave it at that. However, seeing how much I have enjoyed the author's writing in the past, and the knowledge as a psychologist that feed into her novels, I am not deterred by this experience and look forward to reading her next book.
3 for neutral, while I was extremely excited to obtain an advanced copy of this book, it just didn’t grab me.  Very slow paced and since I’m such a moody reader, I could never get more than a few chapters read.  I’ll update later, if able to finally get into and enjoy this book.
This book started off really slow for me. There were too many characters involved in the story. It didn't really hold my interest. the characters actually were very frustrating. It did get repetitive in some sections.
After a childhood spent mostly in fear, Natalie finally feels safe when she moves into a cosy flat in the town of St Ives, where three other people reside.

There is motherly Morwenna, serious and reliable Nigel and sweet, anxious Daniel, and it doesn’t take long for them to form strong friendships with each other.

Living in a small complex means that there isn’t much you would think that they don’t know about each other, but everyone has their secrets!

When each of the group start to receive notes pertaining to information that only they would know about, their once peaceful existence is shattered and forces each of them to face secrets that have been hidden for so long.

Who could be sending these notes and why? Any one of these four characters could be responsible.

But then there are also four other characters outside of this residence that could be involved. There is Natalie’s boyfriend Mark who manages the building, Natalie’s estranged father, who has been in prison and has recently been released, Thomas who is friends with Daniel and Jacob a sinister presence that is also connected to Daniel.

As the story progress we are given a back story and insight to each of the characters lives and you are thrown off course as to who you think is responsible right up until the thrilling conclusion.

I really enjoyed this book. A classic whodunit, it was full of twists and turns that kept me reading well into the night. I like Sarah’s writing style and the way she keeps the reader in suspense right through to the end.

I also have to give credit to the designer for a fantastic cover. A sinister look that fits perfectly with the tone of the book.

Thank-you to NetGalley, Aria and Sarah Simpson for allowing me to read an advance copy of I Know You’re There in exchange for an honest review.

All opinions are my own and are not biased in any way.
Natalie and Mark have been going together and Mark wants her to move in with him.  While she cares for him, she’s not ready to do that. She’s happy where she is.  Mark owns the building where she lives and rents the flats.  Natalie works at a bistro owned by Mark.  The other people in the building’s flats are her friends.  One neighbor, Morwenna, is a widow.  She is kind and like a mother to the others.  She works at an art gallery owned by Mark, and Daniel, another neighbor, works there as well.  Nigel is a solicitor bikes into the city for work.  All 4 of them have had some difficult times in their lives and they tend to look out for one another.

Before long, the residents of the building begin receiving letters with strange messages written on them.  They aren't sure what they mean and they become fearful.  Who is sending these letters and why?

The story delves into the lives of these four people and how their past controls who they are today.  They are all flawed to some extent.  I felt that the story could have moved along a bit faster because there was a lot to time spent with characters meeting up for coffee or dinner and rehashing things over and over.  The ending was good but I felt that there were a lot of things that were left hanging.

Copy provided by NetGalley in exchange for a fair and honest review.
This book really wasn’t for me as I struggled to get into the characters or plot. I stuck with it as I hoped it would improve, however I really didn’t enjoy this book and it didn’t flow as well as I would have liked.