I Know You're There

Pub Date:   |   Archive Date: 03 Jul 2019

This is the story of neighbors who all live in the same apartment building and their relationships with each other,When the neighbors start receiving postcards from someone who seems to know a lot of personal information about them,mistrust,paranoia and suspension starts to spread throughout the house. I enjoyed reading this novel and while the story dragged at times I would recommend this book.
Thanks to netgalley for the opportunity to have read another great read.  This was an entertaining read, and kept me glued to the pages until the end.  Recommended.
St Ives (Cornwall), a small block of flats where the inhabitants  all know each other very well, but not as well as they think.  Great location, enticing cover with an intriguing storyline, so why only 2 stars?  I just did not like how it was written at all.  So slow to get going, maybe shorter would have made it much more readable ( for me at least).  Sorry but this particular book wasn’t for me on this occasion.
Thanks to NetGalley for an early copy in return for an honest review
A very good read and one I can highly recommend to others.
I could not put this down.
Thoroughly enjoyable with an amazing cast of characters that you cannot help but engage with.
Four roommates, all of them with their own secrets. Natalie comes from an abusive childhood, Daniel is sweet but always afraid, Mo is the steadfast motherly one and Nigel is old reliable.  This is a very slow-paced story, and Natalie spends the whole book worrying -0 about everything! And someone knows all their secrets and keeps them in suspense trying to figure out who is leaving them these revealing notes. Thank you to the publisher and #NetGalley for allowing me to read this story.
I really wanted to love this one but I had a hard time getting into it and following along! I did enjoy the end but I feel like I missed out on a lot and I probably need to reread it again and see if I can make more sense the second time around. So, 3 for now with the option to up or lower later when I reread.
I can say that I will search out more of Sarah's books to see what else she has to offer. I feel like I could really love her stuff...just not this one.
Thank you netgalley.  Nat, Mo, Daniel, and Nigel each have an apartment in a four apartment building.  They have all become friendly, but what do they really know about each other.  They all have their secrets.  What will they learn about each other, as they all discover they are receiving notes from some "unknown" person.  Read this and find out.
I really enjoyed the author's previous book, Her Greatest Mistake, so I was very excited to read her latest novel. Sadly this one did not work well for me. Whilst I am always intrigued by several POVs, the danger is that some voices just don't engage as well as others, which was the case here. I found myself drifting and losing interest with some characters, and it was a real struggle to pick the book back up again. Some slow burns work well for me, and some don't, and sadly this was a case of the latter. I am conceding that this book is not right for me at this time and will leave it at that. However, seeing how much I have enjoyed the author's writing in the past, and the knowledge as a psychologist that feed into her novels, I am not deterred by this experience and look forward to reading her next book.
3 for neutral, while I was extremely excited to obtain an advanced copy of this book, it just didn’t grab me.  Very slow paced and since I’m such a moody reader, I could never get more than a few chapters read.  I’ll update later, if able to finally get into and enjoy this book.
This book started off really slow for me. There were too many characters involved in the story. It didn't really hold my interest. the characters actually were very frustrating. It did get repetitive in some sections.
After a childhood spent mostly in fear, Natalie finally feels safe when she moves into a cosy flat in the town of St Ives, where three other people reside.

There is motherly Morwenna, serious and reliable Nigel and sweet, anxious Daniel, and it doesn’t take long for them to form strong friendships with each other.

Living in a small complex means that there isn’t much you would think that they don’t know about each other, but everyone has their secrets!

When each of the group start to receive notes pertaining to information that only they would know about, their once peaceful existence is shattered and forces each of them to face secrets that have been hidden for so long.

Who could be sending these notes and why? Any one of these four characters could be responsible.

But then there are also four other characters outside of this residence that could be involved. There is Natalie’s boyfriend Mark who manages the building, Natalie’s estranged father, who has been in prison and has recently been released, Thomas who is friends with Daniel and Jacob a sinister presence that is also connected to Daniel.

As the story progress we are given a back story and insight to each of the characters lives and you are thrown off course as to who you think is responsible right up until the thrilling conclusion.

I really enjoyed this book. A classic whodunit, it was full of twists and turns that kept me reading well into the night. I like Sarah’s writing style and the way she keeps the reader in suspense right through to the end.

I also have to give credit to the designer for a fantastic cover. A sinister look that fits perfectly with the tone of the book.

Thank-you to NetGalley, Aria and Sarah Simpson for allowing me to read an advance copy of I Know You’re There in exchange for an honest review.

All opinions are my own and are not biased in any way.
Natalie and Mark have been going together and Mark wants her to move in with him.  While she cares for him, she’s not ready to do that. She’s happy where she is.  Mark owns the building where she lives and rents the flats.  Natalie works at a bistro owned by Mark.  The other people in the building’s flats are her friends.  One neighbor, Morwenna, is a widow.  She is kind and like a mother to the others.  She works at an art gallery owned by Mark, and Daniel, another neighbor, works there as well.  Nigel is a solicitor bikes into the city for work.  All 4 of them have had some difficult times in their lives and they tend to look out for one another.

Before long, the residents of the building begin receiving letters with strange messages written on them.  They aren't sure what they mean and they become fearful.  Who is sending these letters and why?

The story delves into the lives of these four people and how their past controls who they are today.  They are all flawed to some extent.  I felt that the story could have moved along a bit faster because there was a lot to time spent with characters meeting up for coffee or dinner and rehashing things over and over.  The ending was good but I felt that there were a lot of things that were left hanging.

Copy provided by NetGalley in exchange for a fair and honest review.
This book really wasn’t for me as I struggled to get into the characters or plot. I stuck with it as I hoped it would improve, however I really didn’t enjoy this book and it didn’t flow as well as I would have liked.
I Know You're There is a story laced with secrets and deceit. Centered around Natalie and three other characters, this is a story about trust. Natalie doesn't trust anyone because of a bad childhood. Good! This story gives insight and details about the four people who live in four flats as neighbors. Each one is hiding something, whether big or small, from the others. When things start to get creppy and weird, who can be trusted? Does Natalie know anything true about anyone? It's a gripping and thought provoking read. My thought is just never trust anyone, and you'll be okay. This is good advice for you because I always tell the truth. Thanks to NetGalley for an arc in exchange for an honest review.
I KNOW YOU’RE THERE is the new novel by Sarah Simpson, an entertaining and suspenseful novel about obsession, control, and secrets.

I was drawn to this novel by its gripping blurb. It’s the story of Natalie, Daniel, and Morwenna (Mo). They are neighbours and close friends. Each one of them seems to have a secret and a troubled past from which they thought they had escaped, but now it seems to be back to haunt them. All of them are receiving mysterious, cryptic, and threatening notes. Who did send them? And what do they want?

The characters are down-to-earth, flawed, and intriguing. I liked how despite the different age, gender, character, and interests, Natalie, Mo, and Daniel form such a close relationship to resemble a family. Despite their affection and support for each other, the layers of secrets and paranoia take over and every one of them becomes a suspect. Who can they trust?

I KNOW YOU’RE THERE is a suspenseful and slow-paced novel. There are many mysteries and a list of people who, at a point or another, are suspects. I loved how the author managed to fill the story with secrets, lies, and different storylines that kept me guessing page after page. I envisaged various scenarios, but I would never have imagined the shocking revelation at the end created by the author.

I KNOW YOU’RE THERE is set in Cornwall which is at the top of my list of places to visit in my life. In the last few years, I have read many books set in this English region and I have fallen in love with its evocative towns and beautiful beaches. I loved Sarah’s Simpson beautiful descriptions that made me love Cornwall even more.

This is my first novel by Sarah Simpson and she is definitely an author I will keep reading.
I hate giving low rating on books but I want to be honest with my review. I thought the description sounded good, but once I started reading, I had a hard time continuing.  Maybe  it’s just me, I don’t like having to read 1/2 a book before the story starts getting better. It lost me! Maybe you will have better luck!
I knew the ending from the first few chapters  I just had to wade through 300+ pages to finally get to the end. There isn't really anything that I liked about this book. Highly predictable with heavy handed foreshadowing. I wish I had something nice to say.
Whew, has a hard time with this one. Not sure if it was the writing or the characters, but I just could not get into it. Some called it a slow burn, but I felt like it just fizzled out. I kept getting distracted and didn’t want to read it. Had to fight to finish.

Thanks NetGalley for the ARC
this book kept me glued to my kindle! thank you Net Galley and Sarah Simpson for the opportunity to read this ARC. The characters were well introduced and described. the main character Natalie lives in a building with three other tenants. they have come to know one another while living together, some better than others. Natalie's best friend is one of these tenants, Mo. They get together often for drinks and to socialize. We come to learn that all the tenants of the building have something in their pasts, Natalie starts to feel like she is being watched, and some items from her apartment start to go missing, at first she thinks she has misplaced things, Then all the tenants start to get little notes that only they understand about their pasts but makes them question who is sending them and who really knows about their pasts. The tension builds well throughout the book until the very end when it all becomes clear and everything makes sense.
this book was well written and kept me guessing about who dunnit until the very end. The book was written from different perspectives throughout, but easy to follow, I will read more of Sarah Simpson's books, this was my first.
I hate giving 1 and 2-star reviews, but I really struggled with this one. The pace of this book was so slow, I was distracted so many times and almost gave up reading. It took ages and pages for the story to captivate me and I found myself starting to take interest about 80% into the book. Where's the fun in that...

Natalie spent most of her childhood feeling afraid. So when she moved into her cozy little flat in St Ives and met her three friendly neighbors, she knew at once it was somewhere she'd feel safe. Before long, Natalie's neighbors have become the family she never had. Kind, motherly Morwenna, serious, reliable Nigel, and sweet, anxious Daniel. They collect each other's mail, water each other's plants, and share each other's lives. But as Natalie knows all too well, the people who are closest to you can also be the most dangerous. And this house is not as safe as she thinks...

The story is told in alternating POV's - Natalie, her neighbors- Morwenna and Daniel. Somehow, Nigel, the last neighbor got left out. Why? I'll never know! Among all, I found Daniel's POV to the most repetitive - it was almost as if I were reading the same chapter over and over again - it just got frustrating at the end. The "Natalie" and "Morwenna" chapters were mildly interesting, but it was a slow slow slow book( and in a get-to-the-point-already sort of way). I've read books on the "issue" that's troubling the 4 people, (which is sadly revealed only at the end) and hence I feel that this book had so much more potential. Sadly, I could not wait to just get this book over with.

Thank you NetGalley, Aria and Sarah Simpson for an arc!