The Cliff House

Pub Date:   |   Archive Date: Not set

The story is set in the 1980's in Cornwall. Sixteen year old Tamsyn is obessed with the Cliff House and the Davenport family. Tamsyn's family struggle while the Davenport's seem to have it all. Tamsyn becomes friends with Evie Davenport and Tamsyn gets a chance to see what life is like at the Cliff Nouse. Tamsyn's family are close but money is tight. Her father had been lost at sea six years ago. Evie is the black sheep,of her family.

None of the characters in this storyline are likeable but it's easy to see why they act the way they do. In parts, Tamsyn is quite a sweet girl in other parts she's quite the menace. I've been to Cornwalland this story drew me in that much that I felt I was actually there, especially as I know exactly where there is a Cliff House. The Davenport's have secrets and tragedy. The story is dark and has a bit of a gothic feel to it. It's quite a chilling slow burner that keeps you on the edge of your seat.

I would like to thank NetGalley, HQ and the author Amanda Jennings for my ARC in exchange for an honest e.
This ARC was courtesy of netgalley - the thoughts and opinions are mine and unbiased

I really enjoyed this and would recommend as a great holiday / beach read

I have looked at other reviews posted here and am a bit surprised that others were not so impressed - I found the intrigue was there for me and though psychological thrillers are not my go to genre, am reading more and more of these courtesy of netgalley and this more than compares to others I have been reading.

I've not read any of Amanda Jennings work before but will certainly be looking out for her in the future.  I found this well written, tense with a great ending I didn't see coming
2.5 stars

For me,a lot of build up,to not very much anything.
I have no problem with a long build up,but I found it a little ordinary,not enough tension.
It happily killed a few hours on a train for me
An interesting story that kept me gripped through out. A few twists and turns. Perfect for psychological thriller fans xx
Enjoyed this book and was surprised to see other reviewers found it average. I personally found it pretty gripping. Amanda Jennings is a new name to me but I'll look out for more from her in the future!
Sorry but this wasn't for me, couldn't draw me into the story line or the characters and  gave up at about 25%.

Thank you to Netgalley and Harlequin Books for giving me the opportunity to read this book.
A little disappointed with this one I have to be honest. Quite straight forward and clinically written. I cannot feel the passion behind the words with this story.