Keto: A Woman's Guide

Pub Date:   |   Archive Date: 27 Jun 2019

Wonderful guide for achieving your goals using keto. It explains the ketogenic diet phases, their lengths and objectives, and how to get the most out of each phase of the diet. It also shows why women need to diet differently then men. Highly recommend it you're thinking about doing the keto diet.
This was an interesting book. I thought the information presented was well laid out and flowed well. I really enjoyed reading it and want to try and start implementing some of what I read.
Keto: A Woman's Guide is the first book I have read, that is especially geared towards women. It takes the  metabolism and hormonal household of women into account. the book contains a comprehensive explanation of the keto diet and helps women to fine-tune the diet to their individual requirements. Overall this book is fascinating and very helpful.
I was reluctant at first to read a book about the science of the diet but getting an ARC from netgalley prompted me and I’m glad I did read it, it’s important to understand what you’re doing to your body with what you eat or don’t eat and how It functions on the diet choices you make.
I don’t think this will be everyone as I believe most don’t want to know the details of how and why a diet may work, just that it does work
First off, this is not a book that contains any recipes to follow.  It's a technical book on the keto eating plan / diet that explains it in great detail, so you can get your head around the method.

The book contains 3 sections, Keto in Context, Fundamentals of the female body and Implementing of the Keto diet.  The first section, Keto in Context, contains 3 chapters on What is Keto, Macronutrients 101 and The fat burning advantage.

The second section, Fundamentals of the female body, covers calories, hormones, menopause and exercise & athletic training.  Finally, Implementing of the keto diet, includes Strategies, How much to eat, Phases, understand those food labels and supplements.

Its a lot to take in on the first read through and could be quite an interesting diet to follow but I think its for those that can follow quite strict restrictions on carbs, fats and proteins.  Its about getting the values correct each day and its not for the faint hearted, though it does work as I've done it myself before.  The author also suggests starting off gradually as its a bit of a change to the diet, though going straight for it can work for some ladies.

To complement the book, the author provides a link to an online calculator that provides you with the correct macronutrients to consume each day and along with reading the food labels you should be able to lose weight and also suggests online food diaries to keep a track of what you eat to make sure you are sticking to the right balance.

I do think this book would need to be read a number of times to get the keto idea; there's nothing wrong with the delivery of the book, but its quite a change to how we eat, it will take some getting used to.

I received this book from netgalley in return for a honest review.
I am impressed by this thorough and easy to understand Keto guide.  Tasha Metcalf manages to take what I perceived as complicated, break it down into manageable, informative chapters.  Her conversational style, and obvious knowledge shine through the writing. Keto: A Woman's Guide is a reference I can see myself returning to often.  I was disappointed at the lack of recipes, but hopefully Ms. Metcalf plans a supplement, and I'll be there for that!
I received my copy through NetGalley under no obligation.
Not your typical Keto diet guide or Keto Cookbook. This is an educational resource & textbook perfect for woman who are thinking of following the Keto lifestyle or have been on that program for a while. #KetoAwomansGuide
I always hear people talking about Keto and how great of a diet it is.  I was wondering where to get unbiased information about how this particular diet is so successful with women.  This book ended up being exactly what I was looking for!
I have read a few different keto related books and this is by far the most detailed one I have come across.
Metcalf provides an in depth insight into keto as related to women.
This is a great book for anyone wanting to know the science behind keto as well as what to eat, how much, and information about vitamins/minerals.
I have read a few keto books , this is by far the most detailed one I have read.
Providing an in depth insight into keto and micronutrients.
The information on the female hormonal cycle was very good, and not something I had read about before.
This is a great book for anyone wanting to know the science behind keto as well as what to eat how much and information about vitamins.

Keto is such a buzz word these days and if you’re really looking for an in-depth guide on what it means, how to start, the benefits and the unique needs of women then I highly recommend this book. The author really breaks down the fundamental differences between women and men who follow the keto diet, and there are several! The author did a lot of research and breaks down what macronutrients are, what fat burning means, calories, hormones, exercise, getting started with the keto diet and much more. I learned a lot from this book! I learned reasons that the Keto diet may be very beneficial to me due to a hormonal disease I have and am anxious to dig even deeper. This book is very technical and some of it went over my head, however, I plan to keep this book handy to reference and re-read. Thank you to Netgalley and Quarto Publishing Group – Fair Winds Press  for an ARC copy in exchange for an honest review.
I'm completely blown away by Metcalf's thoroughly researched novel.  Nearly two years Keto myself, I've learned from experience in a very personal, trial-and-error journey how to navigate the lifestyle as a woman.  How I wish I could go back in time with this book at my fingertips!  It's easily the best resource I've discovered thus far and I won't hesitate to recommend it to any of my female friends interested in Keto (and some of those guys who need a little extra education...).  Thank you for writing this, Tasha Metcalf.  You have built a strong supporter in this reader.
I am not doing the keto diet at present but I have thought a lot about it and have read several books.  My friend is doing it and losing weight.  Another friend also had great success until she got breast cancer and now that she is in remission she is doing a modified keto diet.
I found this book fascinating and enjoyed learning more about cyclical metabolic rates and women’s bodies in general.  I think if I were going to indulge the keto lifestyle this book would be my number one book to ramp up into a keto diet.  I enjoyed it far more than I thought I would!
Easy to follow book. Fantastic explanation on each section so you know what your doing and why. Many thanks to both NetGalley and the publishers for giving me the opportunity to read this in exchange for my honest unbiased review.
Highly recommended book..
I am very fascinated with all things health and nutrition so I found this to be a very interesting read. I enjoy the scientific side of this field so the more details, the more I enjoy it. This book seems to very well researched and includes a plethora of details on the diet and how to integrate it into your life. I enjoyed that the author doesn't seem to be crazy anti-carbs like some keto authors our. I have found benefits of the past when I cut out sugar and carb heavy food, however, I am not a fan of excluding fruit, vegetables, and healthy grains and find that when I do my health suffers and I have noticed this in everyone around me who has attempted it as well. So my low carb is more liberal than keto. Metcalf adds the importance of exercise or burning more calories than you are consuming and how women are different hormonally as well, which means every one can react different to a diet.  Overall, I feel like the book was pretty well written and was an enjoyable read.
Keto is a new things to me. But as a woman who struggles with hormone balance I can’t wait to give this book a try. I am hoping that it will prove very useful.
This book was chock full of info on women and the keto diet,hormones and metabolism.  It was great and being on a keto type diet, a big help for me as well.  It was a tad technical for me but the information was excellent and extremely useful!!! Great suggestions!
Finally a book that is written for females, because of course there is such huge difference between the female and male bodies and if you are Keto inspired, this one is written by a female, for females.

This book concentrates on the "Fundamentals of the Female Body" and therefore the "Implementation of the Keto Diet".

It is, as the author says,  a nutritional guidebook for keto explicitly written with the female body in mind.  Metabolism is talked about in the first part of the book, as we all know, metabolism works very differently for females than it does for males.  Hormones also is a talked about subject, as they play such an important role when starting any kind of diet change.

This book is a wonderful guide when contemplating starting on the Keto journey.  As the title says, it is a Woman's Guide for Keto,  a wealth of information for not just starting out but keeping very well informed.  This is not a recipe book but more a reference book.

Thanks to NetGalley and Quarto Publishing Group - Fair Winds Press for the opportunity to read and review this book.
An excellent book on the Ketogenic diet for women.  It’s very comprehensive and has tons of information from explaining the Keto diet right through to hormones, macronutrients etc.  The book feels really complete as though the author has covered all bases and given the reader a lot to think about and practices to put in place.  I found this book extremely informative, in fact I am going to read it again to make sure I didn’t miss anything.  This is a really useful book to have in your Keto arsenal and I definitely recommend it, well worth of 5 stars.
Great book, good recipes for a woman who is just embarking on her keto journey. Thanks so much, very helpful and good guidance.