Cover Image: Unfollow Me

Unfollow Me

Gripping psychological thriller that held my attention throughout.

Violet is a popular Vlog and has dozens of followers, she is famous and seems to be having a perfect life.
Until the day she vanishes without a trace and all her accounts were closed. What exactly happened to Violet?

The two female leads carry their own investigation and the flood of lies and secrets starts to pour.
The plot is engaging and the story is alternating between the two main characters, thus, adding more to the mystery until the final twist which I really liked.

This is a highly recommended read, thanks Netgalley, QuercusBooks, and author Charlotte Duckworth for a chance to read this book in exchange for an honest opinion.
An excellent read, I loved it.  Both Lily and Yvonne are avid followers of Violet's Vlog and both have different reasons for following her.  When Violet suddenly closes her account and disappears Lily is mystified and sets out to track Violet down.  Yvonne on the other hand has her own reasons as to why Violet has disappeared.  I loved the way the story unfolded as we get to know more about all three main women, and the mystery of what has happened to Violet kept me guessing.  It also has a nice twist to it.
I read and enjoyed The Rival by this author but I thought Unfollow Me was even better.
Where's Violet?  THat's what Ellie and Yvonne are trying to find out in this topical and twisty thriller.  Violet is an extremely popular vlogger.  She's got the perfect life, or so her wide audience thinks.  We know better, though, and as Ellie and Yvonne start to investigate, little then big secrets and lies pop out.  It's told from the perspectives of Ellie and Yvonne- a nice way to keep you guessing. Thanks to Netgalley for the ARC.  A well done page turner.
Having read Charlotte Duckworth’s debut novel ‘The Rival’ I was really keen to read this as soon as the opportunity arose for me to get my hands on it. It really did not disappoint. Charlotte is exceptional at the art of misdirection, and I was so sure I knew exactly what was going on throughout the book without realising I was completely wrong until the very end.

This book really made me think about my own interactions with social media influencers. I have to confess pretty much the first thing I do in the morning and the last thing I do at night is watch Insta stories, and occasionally watching people at their most vulnerable, their most open, does sometimes make me feel almost voyeuristic. This book follows two of Violet’s fans, Lily and Yvonne, as they obsessively search for information and reach conclusions of their own about the disappearance of Violet, who overnight had deleted all of her social media, and caused a huge gap in their lives as watchers.

There are three main voices within this book. The chapters break down to the positions of Lily and Yvonne, but we also hear from Henry, the picture-perfect husband of Violet. Nothing is quite as it seems and the twists and turns really succeed in keeping you turning the page. I found myself reading until I could not keep my eyes open last night, and then picking my kindle up this morning because I just had to know how it all ended. The ending was not at all what I expected at the start, and I was really satisfied with the resolution.

This book was dark and deliciously twisty, and I highly recommend that you check it out. Publication for the ebook is on 1st June 2019.

Many thanks to Quercus Books and Netgalley for the copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.
Couldn't put this book down a really interesting insight to the social media world we now live in and how normal people can become influencers just by the things they share online and the followers they build up. It can be all consuming both to the influencer and the followers!

This is essentially a story of jealously as the perfect life of Violet and her family is laid out for all to see - then Violet disappears,

The story is told through the eyes of Ellie and Yvonne who watch Violet''s daily blogs like it's a daily dose of a soap opera. As they individually try to unravel the story of Violet's disappearance, the story turns dark and creepy.

A great read  thanks to Netgalley for the opportunity to review, this is my honest opinion.
Creepy, twisty and a tale for our time. This felt very relevant and I’m thrilled to be given the chance to review. I love the cover too. Well done!
I received a new transmitters copy in exchange for an honest review

Creepy and gross in all the expected ways. Nothing too unique, but enjoyable.  If you’ve read a lot of these thrillers you will of seen the twist coming, but it’s still satisfactory. 3.5 rounded up
I absolutely loved Unfollow Me! As someone who spends a lot of time on social media following influencers and their lives it made me take a good look at myself.
Meet mummy blogger Violet (or don’t actually the book isn’t from her perspective) and her amazing life, three kids, gorgeous husband and a huge internet following but when she goes missing and her social media is shut down how will her fans react?
The characters are all so unlikable and I love it! Captivating writing and I was hooked from the start.
A strong 5 out of 5.
The sudden deletion of a popular vlogger's accounts across the internet has her followers flocking together online to speculate on her reasons and comfort each other on the loss of their virtual influencer. Two of these women take central stage as they try to discover Violet's whereabouts as well as holding their own lives together through duplicity and desperation.

I so wanted to love this book, as the premise was for a type of book I really enjoy but I ended up wishing for more and not in a good way. It is well written and the main reason for Violet's disappearance wasn't what I was expecting and was a pleasant surprise (for me, not her!) Apart from that, not quite there, I'm afraid.  I also think the fact that neither of the two main pursuers had anything likeable about them made the denouement irrelevant in any way; I wasn't at all bothered about either of them. Violet's presence in the book was surrounded by jealousy and online bullying, which I found to be a depressing indictment of the blog/ vlog/social media empires so many seem to inspire to.

I was able to read an advanced copy of this book thanks to NetGalley and the publishers in exchange for an unbiased review and am disappointed I can't rate it more highly.
Unfollow Me

I have to say, I thoroughly enjoyed this novel! This is the first ‘vlogosphere’ book that I have read and I certainly wasn’t disappointed. I found Charlotte Duckworth’s writing style to be immensely captivating and her character development to be flawless. I don’t want to give anything away by talking about the plot of this book but it certainly had me gripped from the offset and I ended up completely devouring this book in only 2 days so that says it all!
This book was amazing! I was completely gripped from the first page. It follows the lives of an intent vlogger and her fans, some pretty crazy! I loved the different chapters, exploring the different lives of each character. A really compelling, unique and modern story with really dark undertones. Loved it. Highly recommend xx