Learn to Draw Disney/Pixar Toy Story Collector's Edition

Pub Date:   |   Archive Date: 15 Aug 2019

This review is not going to be long. I am not a huge fan of a review rehashing the entire plot and spoiling it for everyone.

Great guide for step by step drawing with all your favorite toy story characters, beautifully presented and easy to follow, great for older kids and also adults

I received an ARC of this book to read through NetGalley in exchange for a fair review.
Drawing has never been my strength, I love doing crafty things until you make me draw something! I’ve tried different books and techniques, but I suppose the main problem is time, I don’t have the time to “learn” and let’s be honest, is neither my strongest!
But I’ll have to admit that with my son being a big fan of Toy Story, I couldn’t resist to try to learn how to draw the famous characters: Buzz, Woody, Boo… so I tried the Learn to Draw Disney/Pixar Toy Story by Walter Foster Jr. Creative Team book!
For starters there are a few different position for every character, so you can choose which one you want to start; and a lot of useful tricks and examples that will make the process much more fun and easy!
The illustrations are big and colorful, easy to follow and done with a fine pen to show you exactly how to “perfect” your characters. There are too some do’s and don’t to make the experience more fun and interesting.
And I am sure you want to take a look at my designs… don’t laugh, they are not perfect, but I had so much fun trying to draw these characters! And my son was able to difference each of them, so I suppose I didn’t make them so badly!
This is a book for young and adult that love to learn how to draw these famous Toy Story characters, they’ll have hours of fun learning and then creating their own adventure scenes, I am sure!
The Learn to Draw Toy Story Collection is a great resource for anyone looking to get into drawing cartoon characters.

The characters are super detailed and I feel some of the characters need more drawing steps for beginners but would be perfect for someone with drawing experience.

This book although complex at times was fun to try and I'm interested to see what else the illustrator works on.
A great book not just for Disney fans but people who love drawing.
It has several sections, and what I liked most was it provided how to do the basics of drawing and give you the tools to create the characters.
I hope you have fun drawing the characters like I did.
This book I a lot of fun. My son and I spent the weekend using the book to learn to draw several characters. The book is very easy to follow and we both enjoyed it a lot!
Absolutely love toy story! Having this chance to learn to draw them is amazing! Trace, crosshair, free hand and step by step are all in this great book.
Thanks #netgalley publisher and author for the advance read!  🌟🌟🌟
What a great book. Such an easy way to draw characters that children love.
My child loved this and looks at it daily, she's still trying to draw Woody  her favorite.

I received this book for free in exchange for my honest review.
Quarto Publishing Group and NetGalley provided me with an electronic copy of Learn to Draw Disney/Pixar Toy Story Collector's Edition.  I was under no obligation to review this book and my opinion is freely given.

This learn to draw book includes all of the characters from the Disney/Pixar Toy Story movie series.  The book is well illustrated with great step-by-step instructions for artists of all ages and skill levels.  Each step is laid out and is clearly marked, with reference pictures that can be used by artists to keep on track.

The beginning of the book includes a short introduction of which art tools and materials are necessary, as well as a few basic drawing techniques.  This section is a bit short, so beginners may want to try a few drawing exercises from a basic skills book before attempting some of the more difficult characters.

Both adults and children will delight in trying their hand at drawing their favorite Toy Story character.  The book reminded me of a former attraction at Walt Disney World's Hollywood Studios called the Magic of Disney Animation Academy, where parkgoers could take a short drawing class.  I would recommend the book to Disney/Pixar fans and I look forward to capturing the likeness of some of my favorite Toy Story characters.
A wonderful book for any toy story fans.
Step by step instructions to help you create wonderful realistic toy story drawings.
Well written and well explained .

The explanations are clear and easy to follow.

With over 20 favorite characters to learn to draw, this book will keep any drawers of all ages  entertained for hours.

I voluntarily read and reviewed this book, all thoughts and opinions are my own.
I love this book so much and I’m buying it. We are big fans of Toy Story in our family and I can’t wait to draw more characters from this. With just an ink pen (not an ideal tool for drawing really) and a note card I was able to draw Woody (and a pretty good one) on a second try. Forky, Jessie, Bo Peep and Rex you are next! I think my sons will love that I can draw these characters and when they get a little older they will enjoy using this too. This book is a must for any Disney fan!
This is a great book as a gift for Toy Story fans. I did managed to learn how to draw Mr Potatohead! I find the large pictures and tiny hints a great help. Totally think that this is a good help/ guide for people who wants to draw their favorite characters
Learn to Draw Disney/Pixar Toy Story Collector's Edition by Walter Foster Creative Team is a book I requested and the review is voluntary. This is such a colorful and informative book that it will delight kids everywhere! It's probably made for a bit older kids to follow the directions. There are step by step directions to draw many childhood favorites with loads of pictures to show you how. Not only that there is extra info, behind the scenes of each character! That really was my favorite! For all fans, now you can draw your favorite characters! Excellent book!
Thank you to the publisher and NetGalley for the arc!

This book was fun for children and adults of all ages. The directions were demonstrated in an easy-to-follow manner and featured beloved characters. I can easily see this book being a popular read in my library.
This book was received as an ARC from Quarto Publishing Group – Walter Foster, Jr. in exchange for an honest review. Opinions and thoughts expressed in this review are completely my own.

Disney is very popular with our young patrons and community. As a kid, I have always wanted to know how to draw Disney Characters and create my own comic or even cartoon old school style. This book gives a lot of special techniques that are easy to follow so that any kid can become a cartoonist and draw characters such as Woody, Buzz, Ham, Slinky Dog, Mr. Potato Head, Jessie and my favorite character Rex. I know the children at our library will go crazy for this book and will want to decorate our library even more with all of their cartoon drawings.

We will consider adding this title to our JNon-Fiction collection at our library. That is why we give this book 5 stars.
Wonderful step-by-step instructions on how to draw the characters! Simple enough for younger children to try to draw their favorites. 5/5 stars!!
I’m a planner & journaling kind of girl! And I love planning and being artistic as I can in my planners and my art journal.

With Toy Story just coming out with their newest installment you have no idea how excited I was to score an advance copy from Netgalley in exchange for my honest review!! I absolutely LOVED this book! I love to draw but I admit I’m not the best and this was a very user friendly how to guide on drawing all of your Toy Story favorite characters!!
This book is fab! Easy to follow and shows how to create the fun characters we all know and love. Makes a nice independent activity for kids to do! (Or adults)
Great for mid level kids, as the book works solely in the basic shapes method.  Great resource for a TOY STORY fan who wants to learn to draw.  Would absolutely give it as a gift to the kids in my family.
I was given this book for free from Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.

This how-to-draw book is intended for older artists. It has wonderful details that really help to make the drawings authentic to the source material. This is not the size of a usual book from this category. It is huge! There are over a hundred pages with in-depth looks at all of your favorite characters from all four films. If you haven't seen the fourth film yet, there are no spoilers.

Perfect for young artists and Pixar perfectionists. This book is absolutely celebrated in my house and I highly recommend it.
After an introduction to art tools and materials, a series of drawing exercises invites artists to warm up and learn a few basic drawing techniques. Then the real fun begins! You'll find step-by-step drawing projects for Woody, Buzz, Bo Peep, Forky, and more!

The easy-to-follow instructions in this book will guide you through the drawing process; each step builds upon the last until the Toy Story character is finally complete. You just need to grab a pencil, a piece of paper, and your copy of Learn to Draw Disney•Pixar Toy Story; then flip to the character you want to draw. You’ll draw the basic shapes shown in step one, and move on to step two, step three, and keep going! The new lines in each step are shown in blue, so you’ll know exactly what to draw. After adding all the details in each step, darken the lines you want to keep and erase the rest. Finally, add color to your drawing with felt-tip markers, colored pencils, watercolors, or acrylic paints. Plus, learn some fun facts about the Toy Story characters as you learn to draw them. Brief character descriptions and art instruction from professional Disney•Pixar animators round out this exciting artistic adventure.

I love Toy Story and was so excited to get this book! There are so many characters that I love that are in this book and I can't wait to draw them all. It has easy to follow steps, especially for people like me who aren't particularly talented in the artistic department. Perfect for all ages!