You Belong with Me

Pub Date:   |   Archive Date: 2 Nov 2019

Romance, clean; Series but stand-alone; Christian
This novel starts with Hannah and her brother Thomas. Lovely portrait of small town life and all that entails, everyone in your business, along with having your back. Hannah and Luke were a great story, along with Thomas, and his choices. There was hope, healing, in the midst of misunderstanding, near tragedy, and drama of various kinds. Dreams changing, and morphing into a hopeful reality, with growing faith, and learning to trust in God's plans, and coming to understand that part of spiritual life again for many of the characters.
Lovely both Hannah and Luke, and Thomas and his choice, just sweet romantic reads as they learn to communicate better, share their true hearts, and trust that life will bring something better for them as they learn to be with one another, and give their best selves. If you are Christian Romance fan, this a perfect read. Honest, hurting, heartfelt, struggling characters with faith, and hope for good things for their hearts and their town. I love finding a new author and this will not be the first by this author that I will read. Can't wait to visit this small town again!
Fans of small town reads will enjoy this book!
Hannah Thornton has one main goal in her mind, restore the heart of her hometown Heritage, Michigan.  As a realtor in a small town, she works hard to sell off historic properties.  Unfortunately, people would rather buy newer properties than put up the money to restore older worn out houses.  Even her own brother is selling his house to pay for all the things that his fiancée wants.  When a local developer offers to buy up several properties, people begin to think it may be better to just sell out.  Hannah turns to her oldest friend, Luke, for help.  A local handyman with a dream of becoming fire chief, he reluctantly agrees to help her.  However, Luke has been facing his own demons and this endeavor will either bring them together or drive them apart.
This was a fun read that had me keep turning page after page.  I enjoyed getting to see Hannah grow and mature as a person as she learned to let go of control and let things play out.  She came across as shallow at first (not as much as her brother’s fiancée, now there is a character) but she gained depth and bonded with me as a female reader.  She overcame challenges and put up a good fight to make her dream come true.  Likewise, Luke had his own challenges of abandonment, but turned out to be different than we he had believed his whole life.  Once each character was able to truly move past themselves, the romance played out great.  I’m looking forward to the next installment in Heritage.
I received a complimentary copy of this title from the publisher.  The views and opinions expressed within are my own.
I love it when I find a new-to-me author and sink effortlessly into her story. It seriously took less than a page to hook me. I instantly liked Hannah, and loved her appreciation for the history of her town. The atmosphere in the snowy town of Heritage, Michigan makes me want to visit, and Hannah’s appreciation for the history of her small town makes me want to help her restore it to what it once was.

Luke is an interesting character and adds much to the story. He certainly feels like the boy next door, which is so appealing. The secondary characters make this story richer and the hippo is a smart and cozy sentiment I appreciate so much.

You Belong With Me is a sweet, fun, feel good, small town tale, and I hope to revisit Heritage again. The perfect blend of faith, friendship, romance, and restoration.

First line: Was she really the only one left who cared about this town?.
Source: I received a complimentary copy of this book and was under no obligation to post a positive review.
Realtor Hannah Thornton has loved Luke since they were children, but misunderstandings and bad timing has always got in the way of their friendship turning into something more.

Hannah is on a mission to save their smalltown from a large developer that wants to build a shopping center. She is passionate about her small town, and helping others.

Luke had a troubled childhood, and has always struggled to see himself as an equal with his colleagues. He sees himself as an outcast, unwanted and not good enough for the likes of Hannah. He admires her determination to preserve her hometown.

Thomas is Hannah's brother, working at the diner alongside his ex-flame, Janie, who he broke up without explanation. From outward appearances he has moved on, and is even engaged to another woman. Thomas struggles to fight for the love he wants, despite a secret that believes will keep them apart.

I liked how this book follows siblings Thomas and Hannah as they navigate life and love, growing in faith. There was good emotional depth, and layered backstories which the novel relies heavily upon. I wish that some of the characters had been more upfront about what they were going through at times.  I also think I missed some 80's rom com references that would have tied the plot together more neatly in my head, if I had seen the movie. An enjoyable read, about big love in a small town.

Wow. This book blew my expectations out the window. I loved it SO much! The characters were endearing, I loved the foster child aspect, I was completely surprised by something that happened in the story, and the ending was fantastic!

There were a few things about the story that probably weren't realistic, but I loved the rest of the book so much that it didn't bother me. I think I got too invested at times, as I didn't want to put the book down. LOL

All in all, You Belong with Me was very good. I loved reading it and definitely recommend the book. I cannot wait for the next one!

*Disclosure of Material Connection: I received one or more of the products or services mentioned above for free in the hope that I would mention/review it on my blog. I was not required to give a positive review, only my honest opinion - which I've done. All thoughts and opinions expressed are my own and I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.*
This author is new to me, I did like the storyline over all, I liked how the small town feel and how no matter what everyone seem to be there right when you needed them.  I was not a fan of how I felt like there author wrote two stories into one, I wish she would have either wrote all of Hannah and Luke's story or she would have written all of Thomas and Janie's story. I also was not a fan how a good portion of the story seemed like you were dealing with high schoolers not adults, that does change but not till later in the story. I did enjoy that this book was a good clean read and would be suitable for all. Over all the book was not bad just had a hard time getting into it at first.
This one was a little overwhelming and predictable for me. I think it would have been much better if it was a lot simpler.
Title:  You Belong with Me

Author: Tari Faris

Series: Restoring Heritage book 1

Chapters: 20 plus epilogue

Pages: 352

Genre: Contemporary Christian Fiction, Contemporary Christian Romance

Rating: 5 stars

Publisher: Revell

You Belong with Me is the first book I've read by Tari Faris and I have to say it will not be my last.  I loved the small-town setting of the book.  The characters were believable even if they weren't always likable. There were times when the four main characters were just too stubborn for their own good, but people tend to be that way in real life. Hannah was an easy character to relate too because she's having a hard time letting go and let God.  Which is something I am learning to do. I'm still a work in progress.
What I loved about You Belong with Me beside the fact that it was a subtle romance was how much it reminded me of a Hallmark movie.  I'm a sucker for Hallmark movies they tend to be the only chick flicks that I enjoy and I love finding novels along these lines with even more depth to them.    The Gilmore Girls references in the book were a nice touch.
Faith and belief in Jesus were woven through the threads of story that added to the book without turning the book into a sermon, allowing enjoyment to come from reading it for both the believer and non-believer. To allow the opening to talk with a non-believer about faith.  The non-typical pastor with Nate shows that God can use anyone for His Glory.
As I send earlier I loved the small-town setting and the way that small towns come together when someone else in the town needs help.   But more importantly, I loved the themes of faith and family.  That family isn't always what you think it should be yes blood family is important, but so is the family that you chose and create.   I look forward to the next book in the series as well as other books by this author.
I would recommend this book to fans of contemporary fiction, subtle romance. As well to fans of Becky Wade's books, Liz Johnson and Robin Lee Hatcher's.

I received a copy of this book from the publisher a part of a blog tour. I was not required to write a positive review. All opinions expressed are mine alone.

I received a copy of this book from the publisher through netgalley. I was not required to write a positive review. All opinions expressed are mine alone.
I normally enjoy stories like this, but I was stressed out reading this one. I think the situations the four main characters were in seemed hopeless and they were unhappy, full of angst, and didn't have a sense of humor. Hannah and Luke's stalled romance was blamed on each other, and I was confused for much of the book why their dynamic was the way it was. Thomas and Janie were the same way- there is tons of past history alluded to but the reader is kept in the dark for much of it and I was just frustrated with them all. I wanted to sit them all down and tell them to just open their eyes and communicate. Although, that wouldn't make for much of a story then. I just think they were all wound too tightly for me to truly enjoy. A good dose of humor would have gone a long way for me in balancing the vibe of the book.

(I received a complimentary copy of the book; all opinions in this review are my own)
You Belong With Me is Tari Faris’ first novel but you would never know it by reading it. This is a wonderful contemporary fiction read that reminds me of many of my favorite Christian authors books. It is a sweet story about Hannah and her best friend Luke and also Hannah’s brother, Thomas, and his ex-girlfriend Janie. The characters are wonderfully well written and I loved the town of Heritage that the book was set in. This love story is a great first book for Tari Faris and I look forward to reading the novel she will write next!
Realtor Hannah Thornton has many talents. Unfortunately, selling houses in the town where her family name is practically poison isn't one of them. When a business tycoon determines to raze historic homes in the small town of Heritage, Michigan, and replace them with a strip mall, Hannah resolves to stop him. She sets about helping Heritage win a restoration grant that will put the town back on the map--and hopefully finally repay the financial debt Hannah's mother caused the town. But at first no one supports her efforts--not even her best friend, Luke.

Luke Johnson may have grown up in Heritage, but as a foster kid he never truly felt as if he belonged. Now he has a chance to score a job as assistant fire chief and earn his place in the town. But when the interview process and Hannah's restoration project start unearthing things from his past, Luke must decide if belonging is worth the pain of being honest about who he is--and who he was.

Hannah is trying everything she can to make up to the town for what her mother did.  In the process she is fighting a battle to save the historical district of the town from demolition in the name of progress.  Luke has never felt like he has belonged anywhere.  He grew up as a foster child.  His foster mother wasn't mean, she just wasn't very motherly.  His best friend was Hannah and they had each others back.  This book is Luke and Hannah's journey to finding out that God cares for them for who they are and not that Hannah's mother was an embezzler or that Luke was a foster child.

I recommend this book.

I was given this book by Revell Publishing via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.  I was not compensated in any way.
I enjoyed the characters, and the town community. The children in this story are grown-ups now. They didn’t anticipate life would take so many unexpected turns. I enjoyed the banter between friends, and the through-provoking messages about love, relationships and leaning on God. I was pleasantly surprised by moments that encouraged my heart as I watched these twenty somethings seek out their faith walk and what God had for them. It wasn’t on their bucket list, but they were learning to cope. It was very different then they thought it would be.

I enjoyed this small-town drama as they learned to work together to rebuild the heart of this town. It kind of reminded me a little of the movie It’s a Wonderful Life as they worked together to build a caring community. I enjoyed some of these quirky characters and others that were struggling to deal with the past of their parents.

I enjoyed how Hannah loved her town and was determined to rebuild it. She is creative in her endeavors to raise money for this project and wasn’t afraid to stand up and present her ideas at town meetings. I enjoyed hearing about one endeavors she was uncomfortable with but plunges ahead anyway. There is a wonderful feel good moment near the end that pulled at my heart strings, brought happy tears to my eyes and had me smiling from ear to ear. I enjoyed hanging out with these characters and their town. I understand that P.S. Goodbye is Hannah and Luke’s story. This book deals with Grant and Caroline’s story and some of Hannah and Luke too. It’s a good one. This story is fun, entertaining, will make you laugh, cry happy tears and make you feel good at the end. This is the first book I’ve read by this author it won’t be the last. This is an author to watch.

Disclosure of Material Connection: I received a complimentary copy of this book from the publisher and Netgalley. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255 “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising”

Nora St. Laurent
TBCN Where Book Fun Begins! www.bookfun.org
The Book Club Network blog www.psalm516.blogspot.com
Book Fun Catalogue front page www.bookfun.org
This was one of my favorite contemporary romance books.  I loved that there was a smidge of romance also.  I loved Hannah.  She knew that her home town was worth saving even though some wanted it saved in different ways than she wanted.  She loved to see the history behind something.  Luke was trying to find a family for himself even though he had trouble believing he was worth it.  This was well written and I am looking forward to the second book in the series.  I received a copy of this book from Revell for a fair and honest opinion that I gave of my own free will.
"You  belong with Me" by Tara  Faris  is a Romantic  fiction book.  Realator  Hannah  Thornton wants to  help Heritage, Michigan. Her  Mother   created debts  for the town. A  businessman in the town wants to  get rid of  some of the houses and put a strip mall in their place.  She  works  towards winning a restoration grant for the town.  Luke  Johnson is in a relationship with Hannah.  They have had a friendship   since  Junior High.   Luke  is a foster child and  trying to find out who He is.  Luke  applied to  be  an assistant fire  chief  .  Will  Hannah's  goals  be accomplished to help  save the town from the  businessman's  projected   ideas?   Will Luke and Hannah's relationship last ?   This book is well written.  I  was  given this book by the publisher to read and review.  I  appreciate this opportunity.   I  will post  my review on Goodreads, facebook, Amazon, CBD.com,my blog and also  the church staff.
I did not want to put You Belong With Me down. It is an easy and super fast read.  There were many characters and I kept them all pretty straight and some were wonderful and some I wanted to throttle. I did lose track of what Hannah actually did as a job at one point since it seemed like she didn’t have to work... possibly ever? There was also so many things gone wrong for so manycharacters, that felt unrealistic. So while You Belong With Me isn’t perfect, it was still really satisfying and fun. The writing had an easy flow, the characters either got under my skin or endeared themselves to me, so I was invested and there really was a lot going on for a lot of characters so I always wanted to read more to see what would resolve or happen next.  I very much look forward to see what Tari Faris writes next!

I give You Beling With Me 4.5 stars, I really enjoyed it!
“He has a way of making beautiful things out of piles of ash.” That quote from You Belong with Me sums up the journey Hannah and Luke and secondary characters Thomas and Janie, take to discover how God can take their messes and reveal to them a life filled with beauty, hope, and joy found in faith, family, and love. It is a fantastic debut novel from author Tari Faris. I’m so excited to have found a new writer, who writes in my favorite genre- fiction with a purpose and meaning. After reading this book not only will you be looking forward to the next story in this series, but you will see how God leaves his fingerprints in the lives of her realistic characters. My book is filled with highlighted entries. Some of my favorite quotes are:
“Our culture today equates how close two people are with physical intimacy, but a relationship based on that is like an empty pinata.”
“I’m not sure if it’s always the end goal God has in mind as much as our willingness to follow Him on the journey no matter what happens.”
I received a copy from Net Galley. The opinions in this review are my own.
#YouBelongWithMe #NetGalley

A novel about a small town in  Heritage, Michigan where everyone  knows who you are, along with all the flaws. Hannah comes  from a broken family and Luke was a foster child and Hannah's best friend. Hannah is determined to find a way to bring life back into the  town and perhaps  find love along the way. When disaster strikes will the town come together or fall apart? A book about relationships, both family and friends., about  forgiveness  and about finding your place when you  don't  seem to belong.
Hannah Thornton lives in the town of Heritage, which she loves dearly. This makes her job as a realtor difficult, as she doesn't want to sell houses to people who won't cherish them, or who wishes to tear them down and build a strip mall. How can she ever be a part of that?
Her brother, Thomas also lives in Heritage. In their family home. Is he really going to sell it and move away with the fiance' that Hannah doesn't like?
Also, in Heritage is Luke Johnson. He grew up as a foster child living with a lady who never adopted him. Why didn't she want to make him her own? He and Hannah had shared one kiss in high school, and then Luke put distance between them. Why?
They are friends once again, with each hiding their feelings for the other.
Hannah is always trying to fix things. Luke, her beloved town, her brother, to name a few. She feels she lives in the shadow of her mother's crime against the town, and has something to prove.
A sweet story of love, forgiveness, restoration.
The story is a bit predictable as far as who will end up with whom at the end, but a very sweet story, nonetheless. I look forward to reading more from this author.
I received a free ecopy from the publisher, Revell and Netgalley and was not obligated to give a positive review.
4.5 Stars

My favorite genre to read is contemporary romance. My favorite trope is friends to more. And Tari Faris hits it out of the park with both. Then she makes it even better including two well-developed romances in the same book.

The characters in You Belong with Me are flawed and sometimes make poor decisions or react impulsively. They have doubts about their worth, their relationships, and their place in the community. Readers will relate to this group.

The small Michigan town has its share of memorable characters (as any fictional small town should). Throw in a community-wide effort to preserve their home, a mangy dog, a bachelor auction, and a great brother-sister relationship, and there’s a lot to love about this book.

I’m already looking forward to returning to Heritage, MI in the next book.

Disclosure statement:
I receive complimentary books from publishers, publicists, and/or authors, including NetGalley. I am not required to write positive reviews. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255.
What an incredible, beautiful, touching Christian fiction romance story.
Real people. Luke, Hannah.
I felt like they were my friends. I hurt for the hurts they were going through.
This book faces some hard issues in life--belonging. Forgiveness. Self acceptance. Love. Family.
And, of course, more.
This is a story about a small-town. About finding love, and about second chances.
Hannah loves her town, Heritage. And she feels responsible to make the town succeed.
As she puts herself into it, it feels like it's never enough.
Can she learn to trust God?
The beauty of this story will linger with you long after you read the last page.
Disclaimer: I receive complimentary books from various sources, including, publishers, publicists, authors, and/or NetGalley. I am not required to write a positive review, and have not received any compensation. The opinions shared here are my own entirely.  I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255