Cover Image: One Final Breath

One Final Breath

Love this series and the chance to return to the characters in this one! I highly recommend picking this one up.
Gabe and Anissa's story has been looong coming! And what an exciting ride!
Each one holding on to their own secrets and trying to deal with their attraction in their own way, they will be put to the challenge during an investigation -- challenged to not irritate each other to death but also to brave to have their hearts broken once again. Good thing they have the best support team ever :-)

Perfect ending tot he series. Once again Lynn Blackburn kept me on the edge of my seat in anticipation.
This book takes off and just keeps you on your toes! Shootings... kidnappings... a mysterious illness... pair that with a bit of romance and I was hooked! Can't wait for the next book!

I received a complimentary copy of this book from NetGalley on behalf of the Publisher and was under no obligation to post a favorable review.
One Final Breath by Lynn H. Blackburn is book 3 in the Dive Team Investigations series. Gabe and Anissa are dive team investigators. Gabe is in charge of solving a homicide and Anissa seems to have a sudden target on her back. This novel's suspense never ends and it has just enough romance to make the story perfect. Readers who love romantic suspense will absolutely adore this novel. I received a digital copy of this book from the publisher with no obligations. These opinions are entirely my own.
I absolutely loved this story.  This is book three of the Dive Team Investigations series.  The first two were excellent also.  Someone is trying to kill investigator Anissa Bell and investigator Gabriel Chavez will do whatever it takes to stop him even at the risk of his own life. The relationship between these two characters has evolved so much from the first book.  They have to overcome events in their pasts and forgive themselves of mistakes they've made to have a future together.  Full of suspense and witty humor with a touch of romance.  I thoroughly enjoyed this book.
Wow! I’m not sure how else to word my thoughts once I reached the end of this book. The suspense, the romance, Gabe….. need I say more? Blackburn certainly knows how to write a good story that makes readers unable to put the book down. That was me – I read this in one sitting. Yep, it was that good!

Gabe and Anissa’s story is one that I’ve been waiting for. I just love their relationship. They drive each other crazy at times, but also can’t stay away from each other. Yes, they have a backstory, but you’ll have to read to find out what it is. And Gabe is just there for Anissa. I think that’s what draws me to him. His quiet, hunky way of just being there for support, sometimes without saying anything. Swoon.

Both of these characters have something they need to get through in this story, both from their past and their present. Blackburn did not shy away from having THE message woven through the pages of this book, and that is something I appreciate about her writing. Her characters had real issues and looked for solid solutions – as in they prayed and/or went to other Christians for counsel. Such a great message for readers to have.

The bottom line is that this book, well this series actually, is a must read for romantic suspense fans. I do recommend starting with book one, not only because the series is amazing, but I think the back story behind the characters adds to the depth of this book. Besides, I know you’ll like them anyways!!

I received a complimentary copy of this book. I was not required to write a favorable review. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
I never received my copy of this book, but I'm sure it would have been amazing. Can't wait to finish the series whenever I can get this book.
This is the first book in this series I read, I am sure I missed a ton and after reading this book will definitely be going and reading the other books in this series. This book literally keeps you guessing from the beginning to the end. I really enjoyed this book and could not put it down. The suspense and the story between Anissa and Gabe was so good. I liked how the author didn't rush the relationship but just let it grow. I loved Liz she and Brooke where a different element for the story but equally amazing. This book was a good clean read and is so worth the read.
I had never read a book by Lynn Blackburn before and now I am so glad that read this one first. It was an incredible read. I loved the characters and the unique story line. The suspense and the romance were equally good.  Gabe and Anissa were a wonderful match that were different that your typical couples. I never knew much about dive teams, so this was an education in that too. Even though I had not read the previous books in this series, I didn't feel like it mattered to this story.
I would definitely recommend this book And I am glad that I tried a new author that I am adding to my must reads.
I received a complimentary copy from the NetGalley but the opinions and review are entirely my own.
“One Final Breath” by Lynn Blackburn was an excellent read!  This is the third book in the Dive Series.  I have been looking forward to this next book, and it didn’t disappoint just like the first two.  Lynn Blackburn is definitely one of my favorite authors.  I have loved everything she’s written.

This book follows Gabe Chavez and Anissa Bell.  When they discover a teenage boy that has been shot in the water, they team up to find out what really happened.  This investigation, in turn, brings up a lot of Gabe’s and Anissa’s pasts.

I highly recommend this book and the whole Dive Team series.  It has suspense, romance and a little twist all thrown in.

I received this book from the publisher through NetGalley for my honest opinion.
One Final Breath
by Lynn H. Blackburn

Revell

Christian

Pub Date 03 Sep 2019

I am reviewing a copy of One Final Breath through Revell and Netgalley:

Investigator Gabriel Chavez has his cover blown by an aggressive reporter, there was a silver lining though, he was able to join the dive team, the downside though was the fact that the dive team captain was Anissa Bell, a woman who both fascinates and frustrates him.

Anissa grew up as a missionary kid on the Micronesian island of Yap always planning to return after college. But she remained stateside, determined to solve the case that haunts her, her best friends Murder and the disappearance of a three-year-old child.

Anissa’s fractured past and Gabe’s investigation in the shooting death of a teenage boy. Anissa and Gabe will have to
put their complicated history with each other aside in order to uncover the identity of a killer. What they’ll discover is that revenge has no statute of limitations.

I give One Final Breath five out of five stars!

Happy Reading
Lynn Blackburn has returned for the last hurrah for her Dive Team series, #3, One Final Breath. Gabe Chavez and Anissa Bell rise to the foreground on this novel, falling for each other while trying to escape painful pasts.
The rest of the team is back, fleshing out the character list and bringing love, amusement, and memories from former books. Which leads me to relate that this novel is quite capable of being a standalone; it’s just sweeter when the reader can identify with the backstory presented.
The friendship and camaraderie of the dive team and their significant others really impressed me. Between the locale, the season, and the warm atmosphere the friends create, life was almost idyllic...
Until it wasn’t. Then life was frantic, uncertain, vomiting past terrifying experiences up in front of those who most needed to remain calm and collected.
Paisley Wilson is an interesting character to watch. The reader won’t know what to make of Gabe’s arch-nemesis who is suddenly very much a part of this case.
If the romance, intrigue, and suspense aren’t enough motivation, Mr. Cook returns and is a great reason to read this book. Everyone needs a Mr. Cook in their lives! He prays his way through adversity and sees much more than is actually visible.
Get this book and dive deep into some great suspense.
I received this book from the author through Revell and NetGalley. No positive review was required, and all opinions are solely my own.
I love this series!! Every book seems better than the last, but I don't think I have a favourite. This book is especially neat because Gabe and Anissa have been central characters in the rest of the series so we already have a connection as readers with them and an idea of what makes them tick.

When Anisa became dive team captain, she kicked Gabe off the team. She had her reasons but it has led to resentment between them. Slowly, though, the ice has been thawing. Will it continue with the extra pressure they are now under to solve this latest case?

This is a must read for sure! These books can be read individually without any difficulty but I highly recommend reading the series in order. I can't wait for the next series from this author.

This book has been provided courtesy of Baker Publishing Group and Graf-Martin Communications, Inc. Available at your favourite bookseller from Bethany House, a division of Baker Publishing Group.
This is book 3 in the Dive Team Investigations series. Let me first assure you that while reading this one, you'll be aware that there are previous books, but I have not read the first two and thoroughly enjoyed this one! So, if you, like myself, haven't read the first two books in this series, please don't let it stop you from reading this one. If you do, you will miss out on a really good book!
Dive Team captain, Anissa is great at her job. She is still haunted by a tragic event that happened when she was a teenager, and to this day carries the guilt of that day.
Gabe Chavez was a fantastic undercover investigator whose cover was blown by an all-to aggressive news reporter eager for the next big story. The only positive side of this was him being allowed back on the dive team. Gabe and Anissa have a strained work relationship.
While at a friends' house, sitting out on the dock by the lake, they hear a shot and a cry for help. They jump into action to pull two teens from the lake. One of the teens has been shot. As they attempt to solve this mystery, it become apparent that Anissa's life in in grave danger. She ends up with her own security detail.
An action, fast paced, suspenseful story that connects all the dots back to Anissa's teenage heartbreaking tragedy.
Very well written story and believable characters. Suspense and romance-what more could a reader ask for? Loved this story!
I was given a free ecopy of this to read from the publisher, Revell and Netgalley. I was not obligated to leave a positive review.
One Final Breath, by Lynn H. Blackburn, is set in central North Carolina. Anissa Bell is a homicide investigator and dive team captain for the Carrington County Sheriff's Office. Gabe Chavez is also an investigator. When the novel opens, Anissa and Gabe, as well as their coworkers are enjoying a peaceful evening at a home on a lake.  Their peacefulness is shattered by a cry for help and what follows is a complex tale that intertwines many story lines.

Anissa and Gabe have accomplished much professionally, but there is much in their pasts that they are still dealing with. Anissa is haunted by a tragedy that she is afraid to share with Gabe.  Gabe, too, has reasons he doesn't want serious relationships.   Except for one long ago kiss, they have not been involved romantically.  Now, working on the same murder case, their relationship begins to change. Even though they have no leads or clues and as their lives are threatened, Anissa and Gabe continue to grow closer.  All the while, seriously alarming events occur. Imaginative and exciting, the story is filled with capable and interesting characters. Shocking secrets are revealed and what happens next is unpredictable.  Who is the villain? The carefully constructed narrative has themes of love, fear and faith. Highly recommended.

I received a complimentary copy of this book from Revell through NetGalley.  The  opinions expressed in this review are my own.
I do believe this one's my favorite.
I loved Gabe and Anissa.
I love their story. I especially enjoyed seeing their relationship.
The details of the setting, the details about the diving, all of it was just incredible.
And I loved the backstory, it was well-written, and placed here and there, revealed at just the right pace to make the story flow well.
The suspense was top notch. I couldn't wait to finish the book, to get the answers I so desperately wanted! But then, just like always, that ending is just so bittersweet--because once I reached the end, well, it was the end of time spent with these friends!
Lynn Blackburn has reached the place of being one of my favorite authors of suspense, and I can't wait to read more of her work.
Disclaimer: I receive complimentary books from various sources, including, publishers, publicists, authors, and/or NetGalley. I am not required to write a positive review, and have not received any compensation. The opinions shared here are my own entirely. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255
I have been anticipating this book for MONTHS! The first two books in this series are amazing and I knew the finale would not disappoint. It did not! The relationship between Anissa and Gabe was so intriguing in the prior books and watching their relationship progress in this story was so worth it. The mysteries in this book draw you in from the beginning and I had trouble putting the book down because I wanted to know what was going to happen. Learning Anissa & Gabe’s backstories(finally!) answered a lot of questions and played in to the current mysteries perfectly. I was also thrilled to see a favorite character of mine from the first book, Mr. Cook in this story and that he played a more major role in this book. Lynn is very good a crafting a perfect mix of humor, romance, mystery and faith in her stories and this one has all of that. I am so sad this series is done because it is a favorite of mine but I am excited to see what Lynn has in store for us next!

I received this book for review and was not required to post a positive review. All thoughts are my own.
One Final Breath is the third installment from Lynn H Blackburn’s series, Dive Team Investigations. I have enjoyed the first two books in the series and this one does not disappoint. It is probably my favorite to date. It is full of adventure, action, mystery and suspense. I did not find Gabe and Anissa’s story to be predictable. There were some twists and turns that kept me to keep reading until the end. I had the whole book read in one sitting.

I am giving One Final Breath a well deserved five plus stars. I recommend this book, as well as, the series to readers who enjoy a well written and clean mystery.
Great read!

I received this book from the publisher. This review is 100% my own honest opinion.
Investigator Gabe Chavez and Dive Team Captain Anissa Bell find themselves working together when Gabe's current case has mysterious ties to a tragedy in Anissa's past.

Will they be able to catch the killer before it's too late?

An utterly fantastic, action-packed read. The third in a series, but the first book that I've read by this author, it wasn't hard to jump right in step with the characters in this thrilling, high stakes adventure.

Anissa and Gabe are both strong in their faith, they've worked together before but not to this extent. Anissa has always been at home in the water, raised the daughter of missionaries, she has always wanted to get justice for her friend. She is good leader, meticulous on the crime scene, with a strong sense for organization. Gabe is good at diffusing tense situations with humor. He is protective of Anissa and has admired her for a long time.

Overall, a fantastic read, with a complex mystery, well-developed characters, and plenty of action. I liked how this book balanced the action and suspense with great personal growth and depth. I loved the camaraderie between the dive team members, they are always encouraging each other, and are not afraid to give real advice. And if you are a Lynette Eason fan, you'll be thrilled as I was that a character from her  Blue Justice Series makes a cameo appearance!

Highly recommend this dynamic read, if you come in on the third book like me or if you have read the whole series, this isn't one that you'll want to miss!

I LOVED this book. It was a great conclusion to the Dive Team Investigations series.  It even brought in a character from a Lynette Eason novel which I also loved.  The action is intense and the suspense builds to a great, satisfying climax.

Anissa Bell and Gabriel Chavez have an interesting relationship.  They alternately fascinate and frustrate each other.  It keeps things lively.  When a case gets personal, their relationship takes a turn as they learn to trust and rely on each other.  I appreciate how all the characters from this series had a prominent role to play.

This is an exciting read.  Thank you to Revell for providing me with a free e-copy of this book.  I’d highly recommend it.  All opinions are my own.

#OneFinalBreath  #Netgalley