One Final Breath

Pub Date:   |   Archive Date: 30 Sep 2019

One Final Breath completes the Dive Team Investigations series by Ms. Blackburn with a bang!  The book will leave you guessing what and who until the end.  The book can be read as a stand-alone, but you will get to revisit with all of the other characters in the previous two books.  This book focuses on Gabriel and Anissa (who are in the previous books as secondary characters).  Anissa has secrets from her past that she doesn’t share openly with others, but are what drives her as a dive investigator.  If you enjoy romantic suspense books, you will love this latest addition!  Another aspect to this book is the theme of forgiveness and grace.  Not only must we forgive others, but ourselves.  This book had surprising twists and turns!  I highly recommend this book.  I recommend you have plenty of time set aside to read this, because you will not want to put it down!
***I was given a free electronic copy of this book from the publisher.  This is my honest opinion.  Even though I received this copy free, this is my own opinion.
Three mysteries converge. Will Dive Team Captain Anissa Bell and Investigator Gabe Chavez solve them before anyone else dies? With the help of their friends and co-workers, they just might, but there will be a multitude of surprises along the way. In addition to providing readers with a wonderful mystery, Blackburn deals with the theme of dealing with one's fears and feelings of inadequacy. I highly recommend this book, this series (Dive Team Investigations), and this author.

I am grateful to have received a copy of One Final Breath from Revell Publishing via NetGalley in exchange for my honest opinion. I was under no obligation to provide a positive review, and received no monetary compensation.
'You need to get it in your head that someone is trying to kill you and they don't seem likely to stop trying anytime soon.'

Lynn Blackburn finishes off her Dive Team Investigations series with Gabe and Anissa's story and she definitely saved the best for last! I was captivated from the very beginning and could barely stand to put the book down when life intruded. I was completely surprised by the culprit, too. Blackburn weaves this story so seamlessly and the reader is swept away with each word! She blends the intrigue, danger and romance effortlessly to make for a wonderful read! I thoroughly enjoyed every moment! Highly recommended.

*My thanks to the publisher for a copy of this book via Net Galley. The opinions expressed here are entirely my own.
“She glared at him for a moment. Oh, he made her so mad sometimes. But then he smiled. And that smile . . . That smile was the thing dreams were made of.”

With the perfect blend of romance and suspense, award winning author Lynn H. Blackburn’s highly anticipated conclusion to her popular Dive Team Investigations series will leave readers cherishing the story long after the final page.  One Final Breath is an unforgettable tale of forgiveness and grace, the power of friendship, and discovering true love.  Ever since I read Beneath the Surface (book one in the series), I have been eagerly waiting for my favorite dive team member, handsome and charismatic Investigator Gabe Chavez, to get his own story.  One Final Breath has been my most anticipated book of the year, and it will be on my list of top 10 books of 2019.  Gabe and Anissa’s story was definitely worth the wait.

One Final Breath can be read as a stand-alone novel, but to fully appreciate the deep friendship between the dive team members and their heartwarming relationships with their significant others, it is highly recommended to read the entire series.  You won’t be disappointed!

In the stunning conclusion to the Dive Team Investigations series, Investigator Gabe Chavez is determined to uncover the mystery behind the seemingly random homicide of a teenage boy.  As the investigation begins, dive team captain Anissa Bell discovers a link to her past and suddenly her life is in extreme danger as she becomes the killer’s next target. As Anissa and Gabe’s relationship quickly heats up after years of animosity toward each other, Anissa’s past and present collide, leaving them in the fight for their lives.

One Final Breath is highly recommended for readers of romantic suspense, especially those who enjoy books by authors such as Dani Pettrey, Lynette Eason, Rachel Dylan, Natalie Walters, and Elizabeth Goddard.  It is bittersweet to say goodbye to this incredible series and cast of characters, but I will treasure the opportunity to revisit old friends in the future as One Final Breath will enjoy a permanent spot on my keeper shelf.

I received a complimentary copy of this book from Revell and was not required to write a positive review. All opinions expressed are mine.

“She’d been pushing him away since . . . well . . . since that first dive. She’d never met anyone like him. She knew his type. So confident. So sure. So . . . dangerous to her heart.”
The third in the Dive Team Investigations has dive team captain, Annisa and Investigator Gabe racing to solve several crimes that may or may but be related. Readers will enjoyed this highly suspenseful story as the team works together. Annisa's background will be revealed a tensions arise in the case. I love the camaraderie between the team and the deep love and understanding they have for each other. I love the  faith of Mr. Cook and the guidance he gave Annisa. Looking forward to the next book. Highly recommended!
Every book in this “Dive Team Investigations” series has been outstanding,  but this one is now my favorite.  I’ve been waiting for Gabe and Anissa’s story, and it was well worth the wait.  This book was riveting.  There was never a time during the course of the story that you could take a breath and feel that Anissa was safe.  I’m not sure which chapter had the most tension—the first chapter or the last one.  I loved the complexity of this storyline and the way that all the seemingly random  pieces came together at the end.  I’ve appreciated the way that each character’s faith in God influenced their actions, and the faith thread in this book fit very naturally into the storyline.

This book is a clean and has no steamy scenes.  It’s a pleasure to read a great story that has no need of swearing or gratuitous scenes to make it a great book. One more note:  You do not need to have read all the other books in the series to appreciate this one.  But I predict that after you read it, you’ll want to read them all.

I received a copy of this book from the publisher.  All opinions are my own.
Wow!  Another fantastic suspense novel by Lynn Blackburn.  One Final Breath continues the Dive Team Investigations series, this time sharing Anissa's story.  The book can be read as a standalone, but continues the stories of characters in the previous two books.  Either way, as a standalone or as book 3 in the series, this book will hold your attention and keep you guessing until the end.  A very good combination of mystery, suspense, action, friendship, and romance.  Great, clean read!
Once again we have the dive team, and their adventure. We have Inspector Gabe and the team captain Anissa, working on a shooting case. Which leads then into the cold case she had been working on for some time.
The shooting occurred at a camp for special kids, was it this or Anissa they were after. As for the friction of those two trying to be friends, was a good theme woven into this mystery. This was the third book and very well done, to keep one interest to the end.
Fantabulous!!!
My first Lynn H. Blackburn book ever!! and it was a bomb!! I looooooved it and now I will need to go back and read the others as well.
So many exciting scenes all wrapped up tight and this author has never missed a beat!! Wow!!
Anissa is my favorite!! I really could feel her feelings coming out in this book!! Her bravery is just too awesome! But I guess it comes with the job. She knew what she was getting into when she took it. I want her on my side if I was in trouble!!
Gabe is too for that matter! I love his class clown act because it reminded me of myself when I was in school acting like the class clown lol!! His charm just oozes out of the book.  But behind all that both Gabe and Anissa are dealing with their own baggage or pain whatever you want to call it. Can Gabe and Anissa overcome their friction enough to work together and solve a mystery/crime?
I too loved how the characters looked to God for directions throughout this book. The author has nicely fit that in too.
Oh and did I mention that Leigh's cooking will absolutely make you drool and can you guess which on is my favorite meal in the story?
Y'all just have to pick up this awesome book to find out!! It's pretty awesome!!
My thanks to Netgalley for a copy of this book and NO compensations were received. All opinions are my own.
this is a revitting story you will have to read to the end. Gabe and Anissa work  together  and try to be friends  she is  head of the dive team and he on the police force also.  they both have baggage .  someone is shot  and the team hears the shot and go to help.  is someone after the young people , a camp near the lake  a lot of the  kids are sick,  or are they after Anissa ?  if you like suspense and romance  you will want to read the book  very good,  I waa given a copy by net galley but this is an honest review.  this could be a stand alone but the people in this book are in the others , those on the team, and others.   well written