Develop Your Leadership Skills

Pub Date:   |   Archive Date: 03 Jul 2019

I had high hopes for this book. Yes, it's a workbook of sorts, but the formatting was really rough and there were no illustrations like charts, even when they were specifically referred to. The text flow was also choppy and at times incoherent, like a word salad of business terms. If you read the summaries at the end of each chapter you'll probably get a better understanding of leadership than if you'd tried to read it straight through likeI did.
Develop Your Leadership Skills gives some good advice and exercises. The book is well written and the author clearly has done his research.
I received a free copy of DEVELOP YOUR LEADERSHIP SKILLS: Fast Effective Ways to Become a Leader People Want to Follow by John Adair in exchange for an honest review.  This is more of a workbook than an instructional guide.  The author briefly identifies a few areas of focus that would be helpful to reaching group goals.  The author then gives some exercises where you are expected to think through how to best achieve the goals set out by the exercise.  Basically, there are no answers or advice provided.  The conclusion I drew from the book is that leadership is an individual thing requiring you to examine your goals and plan accordingly.  How you plan will depend entirely on your own personality.  The work attempts to distinguish leadership from management, but I’m not sure the distinction was ever really explained.

#DevelopYourLeadershipSkills #NetGalley
As a fairly newly appointed manager, I have found this helpful and will certainly be using various of the approaches, particularly with regards to presenting information in different circumstances