My Not So Functional Family

Pub Date:   |   Archive Date: 22 Aug 2019

I love Irish writers.
Got such a good way with words.
Always guaranteed to make you laugh.
This is what families are really like
This is a light and easy read, perfect for a summer afternoon in the garden. It’s straightforward, refreshing and enjoyable
I'm really sorry to say that I had to DNF this book which is something I try so hard not to do. I felt that the story lacked drive; there was nothing keeping me gripped and I felt that the plot was all over the place. Claudia is having doubts over her upcoming wedding, but aside from that I'm not really sure what happens in the first third of the book (which is where I gave up!). There was a lot about Claudia's siblings and how they get on, but I felt that the character descriptions and interactions were all over the place. They didn't seem to fit in with the story line at the time, nor add anything to the plot. I felt like it was an overload of information about the family with no real reason for it. I would have normally kept pushing through in the hope that it all came together a bit more, but upon reading a lot of negative reviews from people who did finish the book but wished they didn't, I decided I would stop reading.

Thanks to netgalley for a copy of the e-book in exchange for an honest review. I apologise that I couldn't finish this one.
4.5 stars
Such a fun and heartwarming story with many characters very reliable that are trying to find their way in life but don’t overwhelm anything on that road.
A perfect summer read, light and surprisingly great written.
A story that deserves recommendation from everyone who’s reading it.
A wonderful little read, fun, relatable and very entertaining

Thanks to netgalley and the publisher for a free copy for an honest opinion
What a beautiful book. A wonderful storyline and it has been written so well
The book certainly delivers.
This is a lovely sweet fun read. Perfect for summer
A fun book, it is relatable. Well written. A great read.
Thank you to both NetGalley and publishers for giving me the opportunity to read this book in exchange for my review
Aaawwww, what a b-e-a-u-tiful book!! Such a wonderful storyline, and the author has executed it brilliantly. A collection of characters who don’t really know who they are, who they want to be or what they want to do.
It seems the author has hit that “sweet spot”. That perfect balance, where the characters are on a journey of discovery and instead of their narrative being all needy and whiny and precocious, they’re thoughtful, funny and have a great depth. I’m impressed.
The book delivers on all it promises from the cover, synopsis & first chapter. This is a lovely, sweet, fun read. I can see this being taken away to many a beach this coming Summer.
This isn’t my normal genre but I have to say, it’s provided me with that perfect palette cleanser between my usual dark sort of thing.
I’ll be recommending this to everyone.
Thank you to Netgalley, the author & the publisher for my arc. All thoughts and opinions are entirely my own.
This book was so much fun to read, it's very witty. It makes you think about your own family and maybe to be grateful :)

A great read for su,,er, very entertaining, light and approachable. Definitely recommended.

Thanks a lot netgalley and the publisher for this copy in exchange for an honest review.
What a brilliant book.  This book has a fantastic story line, excellent characters and is just wonderful.  I would highly recommend this book to anyone and I enjoyed it immensely.
Claudia is back in her hometown  to prepare for her wedding. But she’s already doing battle with her sisters, her mother, her brother, and her best friend.
My not so functional family. Is an amazing book. That will take you on a journey as the characters try and find out what they want to do with their lives. Who they are and who they want to be with. This is a great chicklit book to get stuck into. The characters are great and the storyline is fabulous. One not to be missed.