Stealing Vengeance

Pub Date:   |   Archive Date: 2 Jul 2019

The first book in a new series and the author keeps you going with action and intrigue from the beginning to end. Starting with a secret government program called Valkyrie which has only women in it. Each one ran their separate op. now someone is working at killing each one of them. But one of the top women is beginning to bring in the others and slowly with the help of other ones they will begin to find out who is the mole. You also have romance as well so do not be disappointed. Overall a very good book and worth the read.
The new "Vengeance Series" by Kaylea Cross made an exceptional start with the first "Stealing Vengeance". And what a brilliant storyline!

Megan and Tyler, two strong individuals, two amazingly courageous people and with a past that has so many questions, and a present with more betrayal and unanswered questions, both have the deadly task of weeding out the evil among them.

A definite read and Kaylea Cross outshines herself with this new series!

Received an ARC from the author via NetGalley for an honest review.
I always enjoy reading books by Kaylea Cross. Stealing Vengeance was a good book and well written, of course, but I kept feeling lost. They're are a lot of female counterparts to keep up with and I was unable to focus very well.
Will I read more from the series? You betcha. Was this my favorite by Ms. Cross? Not really, but not my least either.
This is the start of a new series that brings in a familiar character to help kick it off.

Despite that familiarity, the story starts slow. Even thought there is lots of action, the story doesn’t seem to progress for a while...I think that is because the events happen but seem to just shuffle everyone around instead of having a real purpose.

I do want to read the next book in the series because I expect it to get stronger. I mean, this is Kayla Cross writing  new series! It has to be good!
New series with this being the first offering . Tyler  comes to help Megan  in her quest however these two must overcome a past and present to find a common future. This author always delivers suspenseful story lines and page turning tales.  Looking forward to the second in this series.
Ebook from netgalley and publishers with thanks. Opinions are entirely my own.
This is my first book from the series and although has great potential for me it just wasn't enough to satisfy my reading expectations. Both Megan and Tayler are great characters, well developed. The story is interesting it keeps you on the edge and has suspense and mystery. By reading I had a feeling that something that akes you waw is missing. Like Magan feels just attraction toward Ty but he feels so much more and is prepared to sacrifice his life to be with her although he didn't know her very well. Maybe I just have to start at the beginning to see the greater picture and all others Valkyries...
I volunteered to review an ARC of this book for NetGalley
3.5 kick-ass stars

I love action movies and I love women that kick-ass and take names!

I totally swooned when I read the blurb on this one, I'm a huge fan of action movies and even better with a strong female lead. Imagine my delighted surprise at the series being based on a whole group of them! Now, I had to switch gears here because I normally read more paranormal and urban fantasy stuff so when I read Valkyrie, my mind immediately went to a Kresley Cole or Shelly Laurenston types of interpretations.

This book and series are based on a group of kick-ass women who were trained to be more of a black-ops type team that primarily work solo and gets stuff done. Each is rigorously tested and trained in different aspects of spy-type stuffs (technical terms, don't mind me). It's totally like Jason Bourne but with awesomely talented ladies!

This is the first in the series so there is a bunch of introductions and world building going on. From what I gather there are cross-references to other characters from other series so I may be missed some undercurrents or references. I do not think the series can be a series of stand-alone because of the work up to the overarching plot. Moreover, there was not a resolution to this book but an ellipsis ( ...
Stealing Vengeance is the first book in this series. I enjoyed it a lot.

Megan was taken over by the government and trained as a special operative. when her fellow operatives are targeted she must work with a man she doesn't trust to find out what is going on. very fast paced, a lot of action with some romance looking forward to reading the rest of the series.
I am a Kaylea Cross junkie. I have read every series she has written and the sole reason I feel in love with this genre - military romantic suspense.

Briar, Georgia and Trinity were my three favorite protagonists, so of course I was excited to hear about an entire Valkyrie series being released! And then I read Stealing Vengeance. This book personifies the word “meh” for me.

The storyline? All of the place. I didn’t know who was the good guy or the bad guy throughout the second half of the book. Character development? Confusing and not what I’ve learn to expect from this author. The main heroine and hero, Megan and Tyler, meet again a decade later after a tragic start. What that tragedy entailed was left to the reader. There were so many secondary characters who did not get the time they deserved. The drama? Lacking. The steam? Barely existent. The ending? No idea I had even finished the book!

With all of this being said, I will give this series a second chance. I’m looking for more character growth, edge-of-my-seat action and definitely more romance!

This book was provided by NetGalley in return for an honest review.
Absolutely A Fantastic Suspense/Romance .
I volunteered to read and review an advanced readers copy through Netgallery of Stealing Vengeance .
This is book one in The Vengeance Series . I think this is going to be an absolutely magnificent series . This story is intriguing and suspenseful from the get go . The Valkyries are highly trained , outstanding kick butt and brilliant female assassin's . Megan is a highly trained thief . Someone has released names of Valkyries and they are being killed . Megan is asked to track and apprehend them . She's not happy when she finds out she is partnered with Tyler the one man that she feels betrayed her during her training .
This story is well written and it's a very intense story . It's sure to keep
You reading . The story is full of action packed moments . The story is a rollercoaster of a ride for sure .
Tyler and Megan's feelings grow even though Megan tries to fight them because she doesn't think a relationship is conductive with her being a Valkyrie . This is a fast paced and interesting story . I'm looking forward to reading more in this series . The characters are fantastic a unique collection of individuals .
This is hands down one of the best books . I highly recommend taking the time to read this story .
As always, this author has a way of making violence and love come together. This book follows that theme..

You get a lot of action, both inside and outside the bedroom.. not to mention our lead girl is a part of the mysterious female group previously mentioned from other characters.. you will also notice some of our precious stars reappear in this story. I look forward to reading more about our group of female badasses!
There is a lot going on in this first book of a new series. The characters are great and there a few that readers of Kaylea Cross's other series may recognize. The relationship in this one is a slow burn. I'm not sure if that's how the next books will go or if it's due to so much world building for the series. The concept is great and will appeal to fans of Christine Feehan and Cynthia Eden. I look forward to seeing where things go.
Megan is a Valkyrie, a super secret operative that not many knows about. Her specialty is getting in and out of places undetected. She has no family and works alone. Until other Valkyries start disappearing and found dead. There’s a leak and someone is selling the location of the women. Tyler was her instructor at SERE training and because of him, she was caught, tortured and beating. He wants to make up for his past transgressions and is partnering up with Megan. They must go undercover as a couple to find the traitor. Will Megan be able to keep her heart locked away and not fall for this man?
Great story with action, suspense and secrets. A loner who has to learn to work with others. A man trying to make up for past mistakes. This is the first book in this series. There is a cliffhanger. And some steamy scenes.
* Voluntarily read and reviewed this for NetGalley *
What a great book!  The Valkyrie assassins (and more than just assassins) are from a secret organization that raised and trained them from when they were small.  They are incredible characters and it's good to know there are other books about them.  In this book, Megan is a Valkyrie who is in danger because someone is targeting and killing off Valkyries one by one.  Who is doing this?  And why?  And how is it possible since Valkyries are so well trained in lethal methods.  Tyler is the man who becomes her partner (reluctantly on her part) to find the answers to these questions.  And there is definitely a lot of chemistry between them, and later some great sex scenes.  Part way through the book the reader finds out that a woman named Amber is the culprit, so Megan and Tyler set out to capture her.   But what a shock and surprise when they capture her!  This book really keeps your interest.  There is lots of action and adventure as well as romantic suspense.  I can't wait to read some more about these Valkyries.  I voluntarily read this advanced reader's copy.
Captivating, a dramatic suspenseful romance story filled with action, betrayal, twists, and turns. Interesting strong characters. A well-written book. I enjoyed reading this advanced reader's copy of this book, voluntarily and pleasure to review it.
Stealing Vengeance is the first book in Kaylea Cross` brand new Vengeance series, and as with previous books, it has a multitude of suspense, drama and angst. Unfortunately, what was missing for me was chemistry and heat. Stealing Vengeance was definitely not the usual off the charts, sizzling hot romance Ms Cross usually writes, but more a friends/companions story until around 60% into the book when things finally started to hit their pace between this couple. While I’ll certainly will read book two (as I would never write off a previously favoured author on one book) this one left me flat and the characters were uninspiring.
This was a great first installment to a new series and classic Kaylea Cross. Kaylea draws you in from the beginning and keeps you captivated until the end. The chemistry between the characters was great and there was lots of action. Looking forward to the next installment.
Stealing Vengeance
(Vengeance #1)
by Kaylea Cross

Kindle Edition, 275 pages
Published September 23rd 2014

Goodreads synopsis:
She’s an expert at getting into places she doesn’t belong.

The government created Megan, transforming her into a Valkyrie—a deadly operative only whispered about in certain circles. They took everything from her and made her into a weapon. Now someone is leaking secret information about her sisters-in-arms, betraying them for money. Loyal Unto Death is the Valkyrie motto. So when Megan is recruited to find who leaked the files, she takes the high-risk assignment. Even if it means working with the man who betrayed her trust long ago. Even if it means giving her life. Because she’ll do whatever it takes to find justice.

But this is one situation she can’t escape from on her own.

Tyler Bergstrom never forgot the resourceful woman who escaped during the toughest phase of SERE school. So when he learns the stunning truth about her and his unwitting part in her past, he volunteers to work alongside Megan for a chance at redemption. Except she doesn’t want a partner. Doesn’t want to let anyone into her life, including him—hell, especially him. Yet whether she likes it or not, for this mission they’re partners. Now it’s a race against the clock to bring down the shadowy figure targeting Valkyries. But the threat goes deeper than they ever imagined. No one is safe. And if they can’t overcome the past and learn to trust each other, they’re both dead.

***

4.5 Stars

This is the first book in the Vengeance series by Kaylea Cross.

This story focuses around a group of elite women who have been trained from a young age by the government in all manner of different skills. This features Megan who has trained since she was taken from her foster home at the age of five.

Megan has never had a serious relationship and when a covert team approaches her she agrees to help them find the person who is spilling the information about the Valkyries to their enemies and thus causing their death. Megan is assigned a partner named Ty who had been a fill in instructor in her SERE school training. She has a problem with him because during her training he gave her food and then turned her in not knowing by doing that she was beaten and punished. He wants to apologize and this is why he has taken the assignment to be her partner.

This story is called a standalone but it has its beginnings in other books by Cross. I like the whole concept. Intriguing. I thought this book was good. I liked the interaction between Megan and Tyler but the team as a whole was outstanding too.

This book will move straight into the second book called COVERT VENGEANCE featuring Megan’s sister, Amber.

Be aware this is much more covert mission than romance. So if you are in it just for the romance, you may come away disappointed.

I received this as an ARC (Advanced Reader Copy) in return for an honest review. I thank NetGalley, the publisher and the author for allowing me to read this title.
3 1\2 stars
Fans of the Author Kaylea Cross might fall in love this the start to this new series I am not one of them.  Recently I have read many books that use the term Valkyrie as part of a A-team of Women special forces.

The story works but it blends with the other romantic suspense author are creating their own A-Team of women who kick ass and it starts to become a blur.

Kaylea Cross is able to put a whole lot of information is short book keeping readers wanting more while other wonder if series will be worth the cost.

If you love Kaylea Cross you will love the Vengeance series.

Thank you the author and Netgalley for a copy of Kaylea Cross Stealing Vengeance.
The story much lighter than I expected but it was a good start for a new series.
I loved watching Megan learn to trust, not just a man, but to trust her sister Valkyries. Megan and Ty were awesome together. There was the perfect balance of romance and suspense.