‘Cinderella’, I wish!

Pub Date:   |   Archive Date: 20 Nov 2019

A very honest and raw memoir which will make you think.
It is a very real piece of writing
Thank you to both NetGalley and the publishers for giving me the opportunity to read this book
Dominique DeVeraux's book isn't necessarily a book I'd say everyone would enjoy reading, but it does give a raw and insightful look into her life and upbringing and how she has overcome abuse and adversity to become a strong independent woman, juggling motherhood and a career she definitely hasn't had the easiest of times but I also  found that surviving childhood abuse myself, parts of her story really resonated with me deeply, especially the parts of learning to love ourselves and removing the burden of our past before we can heal and move on, something I feel we can all benefit from and will try to follow her example.
It's a shame that Dominique has been let down so many times by her so called family but I know that the way to survive what she has is to surround yourself with a huge invisible armour and it's hard to let people in and trust them totally and when that trust is broken the armour gets thicker but I really hope that writing this book will help her move on with only the people who really care about her and she can continue to move on.
This book was sad and sweet and moving and loving and heartbreaking and beautiful all at the same time. The author managed to capture the hardships of her life perfectly and offer them to the reader almost as a story rather than a step by step account. I liked this book a lot.
I really tried to finish this book. I kept reading and trying to find something good about this, but I couldn’t. I didn’t finish it. It got so annoying, with so many « my so-called » this, « my so-called » that, and the way she kept repeating « the smell of piss, shit, disinfectant and dust ». If you took this out, it may have been better. One star because I have to, but this book is not worth it.
This book was a very emotional read for me . I found myself holding back tears several times while reading this book. It’s a sad and thought provoking read at its best. A book about her personal life in and out of foster care an amazing read.
This is a memoir of the author's life.  A well written account of the trubles she faced as a result of being moved around in and out of the foster care system.  I would recommend this book
I received an ARC of this book in exchange for an honest review from Net Galley.,
Wow! This book won me over when I saw the cover. I’m thinking wow a broken tiara this cannot be good, I hadn’t even read the synopsis yet. Well let me just say that this book is not for the faint of heart.  This was a memoir about the author’s  life. It was a very emotional read for me . I found myself holding back tears several times while reading this book. It’s a sad and thought provoking read at its best. It makes you wonder why there are such mean and heartless people in the world .. it hurt me to read the things that she went through. I was rooting for her through the whole entire story.. I most definitely recommend this book.. very well done!
A very raw, real and emotive read. A great insight into this strong woman’s life that really has been a hell of a journey and strong is an understatement. Interesting and entertaining, whilst still being emotive.

Thanks to netgalley and the publisher for a free copy for an honest opinion
The author wrote a memoir that perfectly captured the triumphs and setbacks of her life.  It was easy to empathize with the author due to the raw writing.